Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
KandyM
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 248

Give up Hope of Canadian Specific Discount?

I really guess we should have done Disney in August 2012 instead of August 2013, LOL!!!

Last year we would have gotten FD from Aug 18 and we could have booked it a year in advance. This year it is looking pretty bleak for any type of discount at all, let alone a special deal for Canadians.
KandyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
pieface
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Jarrettsville MD
Posts: 483

discounts

There always discounts on Disney vacations check the web sites. They have value packages and resort special discounts. I don't understand Canadian discounts unless it through your government. We don't get U S. discounts
pieface is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
pigletto
DIS Veteran
 
pigletto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,086

There's no late summer discount *yet*.
However I am pretty sure there will be. Whether it will be free dining or not is anyones guess. Disney releases their discounts based on their attendance and bookings. The discounts are smaller this year because they announced some time ago that the economy was recovering (read their profits) and they would be cutting back. However they haven't dried up. They just are smaller and coming out later.
Now, my main reason for saying their will be a discount of some sort is that they released discounts for the rest of the summer. Attendance is lower in the last bit of August and in September so it only stands to reason if they felt it necessary to discount the summer, they will have even more reason to do so during their value/slow season.

Again, I am confident there will be *something* but I don't have a good feel for what it will be and I don't know about free dining. If they release it, it may be less than former offers during this time frame.

So while I don't know that there will be any Canadian specific offer, I do think you'll at least get a percentage discount that you can book through the American site.
__________________
pigletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
bankr63
DIS Veteran
 
bankr63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 1,295

I got pinned a couple of weeks ago for discounts on any classes of resorts for the entire summer period. Of course we were there in March and never stay on property which just drives them crazy! They'll stop at nothing (aside from offering value for money) to get us to stay on site.
__________________
M Ross

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #5
pigletto
DIS Veteran
 
pigletto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
I got pinned a couple of weeks ago for discounts on any classes of resorts for the entire summer period. Of course we were there in March and never stay on property which just drives them crazy! They'll stop at nothing (aside from offering value for money) to get us to stay on site.
I got a pin last week too, but it only went up to August14th or so.
__________________
pigletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #6
CerysG
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 368

I see lots of people saying they've booked for the end of August but will only go if they get free dinning. So now I wonder if Disney see's that they have lots of people booked for this time why they would offer free dinning...maybe room discounts as that will not be as much savings as free dinning! I got a pin ages ago for room discount so booked but I did ask if there was free dinning if I could change over and they said yes so I get some discount no matter what...though one is much bigger then the other! On the other hand if all these people who say they will cancel their trip if they don't get free dinning do then I might actually get a dinner reservation for BOG....always have to look for the positive! I suppose the best thing is not to plan for any discount and if you get one be happy and if you don't well you didn't expect one so that 's ok. Saddly I am sure there are lots of people who really need these to go but I think maybe those discounts are gone for now.
CerysG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #7
pigletto
DIS Veteran
 
pigletto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerysG View Post
I see lots of people saying they've booked for the end of August but will only go if they get free dinning. So now I wonder if Disney see's that they have lots of people booked for this time why they would offer free dinning...maybe room discounts as that will not be as much savings as free dinning! I got a pin ages ago for room discount so booked but I did ask if there was free dinning if I could change over and they said yes so I get some discount no matter what...though one is much bigger then the other! On the other hand if all these people who say they will cancel their trip if they don't get free dinning do then I might actually get a dinner reservation for BOG....always have to look for the positive! I suppose the best thing is not to plan for any discount and if you get one be happy and if you don't well you didn't expect one so that 's ok. Saddly I am sure there are lots of people who really need these to go but I think maybe those discounts are gone for now.
Because this happens every year (people booking in anticipation of free dining) I wonder if they don't account for a certain number of cancellations. It's hard to guess what lurks in the hearts of Disney Marketing

I know I booked offsite for the first time. Not that we'll never go back onsite, but even a possibility of free dining wasn't enough to lure us in this time. We also find less and less to like about the ddp.. too many desserts and too many restaurants. We actually want to eat in the condo and have lighter and fresher meals more often this time. But that's just us. It did work for us for a long time.
__________________
pigletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #8
bankr63
DIS Veteran
 
bankr63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 1,295

I just got an offer this evening 8/4 through 8/28. Not a pin (sharable); code is SX6. Rates from $105 standard, $175 moderate, $289 deluxe. Have no idea if that is a good deal for onsite or not. Compared to offsite villas, it's not...
__________________
M Ross

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th

Last edited by bankr63; 04-24-2013 at 11:31 AM.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #9
CerysG
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Because this happens every year (people booking in anticipation of free dining) I wonder if they don't account for a certain number of cancellations. It's hard to guess what lurks in the hearts of Disney Marketing

I know I booked offsite for the first time. Not that we'll never go back onsite, but even a possibility of free dining wasn't enough to lure us in this time. We also find less and less to like about the ddp.. too many desserts and too many restaurants. We actually want to eat in the condo and have lighter and fresher meals more often this time. But that's just us. It did work for us for a long time.
Last time we went we stayed the first part of our trip offsite in a condo type place and just took shuttles etc. to Universal, Seaworld etc. and then moved on to Disney for the second part of the trip. My husband liked staying off site but I found it to be a pain since he didn't want to rent a car. This time we are staying at Universal Hard Rock Hotel for the first week and CBR for the second week. I'm sure he will complain about it but since he says he's never going back we are doing this way. I agree that the DP is way to much food but I like the fact that it's paid for and you don't have to worry about it. I expect we will have some food sent from one of the stores so we have some food in the morning and can just grab and go. Or even to have some sandwhich stuff for evenings while we are at Universal. Cuts back a bit on eating out all the time and at least you get some fruite and maybe a little less fat. Also to be honest I don't mind not having to cook while on vacation!!! Guess part of it is trying to make some healthy choices while eating out.
Guess we'll see what Disney does in the next week or so for their late summer fall discounts. I kind of thinking they might just do rooms since that seem's to be the pins people are getting. I know they must watch their site to see when people are looking to travel because I got a 30% off a mod for my planned trip time back in Oct. and we aren't going till the end of August. I guess some discount is better then no discount so if this is all I get then I'll be happy with it.
CerysG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:12 PM   #10
KandyM
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 248

It just is so very different from last year when they offered that free dining a year in advance to Canadians and for stays begining a few days earlier in August as well I believe. That was unique I guess and most often the Canadian's don't get anything different than the general discounts, but my hopes were definitely up. I wish we could book those UK discounts!
KandyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:38 PM   #11
CerysG
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 368

Seems to be a rumor going around that there won't be free dinning for the end of August this year but rather starts Sept. 2nd. Suppose to be announcing it early May. This seems to be coming from a couple of discount gurus so might be true. We'll if that's the case I'm happy I got my 30% off my rooms and maybe I will actually get ADR at BOG once people cancle or change their trips to get free dinning!
CerysG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #12
C&B Young
www.canadisney.com
 
C&B Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 680

I've got a feeling that when they included Canadians in the international free dining booking window before they were testing response. I guess enough of us didn't take advantage of it, hence the lack of further Canadian discounts?
C&B Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #13
alc571
DIS Veteran
 
alc571's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 606

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
I just got an offer this evening 8/4 through 8/28. Not a pin (sharable); code is SX6. Rates from $105 standard, $175 moderate, $289 deluxe. Have no idea if that is a good deal for onsite or not. Compared to offsite villas, it's not...
I believe this is just the standard deal they have now. SX6 is a code they use all the time now. We went last week on the current deal, and paid the $175 at POR.
__________________
Me DH DS8
'82 Offsite; '85 FW; '87,'98 (DL), '99, '04 & '09 Offsite; '12 POR; '13 POR; '13 (DL); '14 AKL; '14 POR/Offsite; '15 POR
alc571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:47 PM   #14
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 20,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieface View Post
There always discounts on Disney vacations check the web sites. They have value packages and resort special discounts. I don't understand Canadian discounts unless it through your government. We don't get U S. discounts

Disney does offer specific discounts to countries like Canada and the UK from time to time. As for US discounts, there is the Florida resident discount, I believe there can be something attached to the Disney Visa which I think is only available in the US. There could be others but I'm not sure.
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.