DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
mb_uh
DIS Veteran

Meals

Ok this may sound really stupid but what do most of you do for meals if you are eating meals in room. We usually get ddp but we may not be able to swing that this trip.

Breakfast is easy, and hot dog/sandwiches for lunch, but what do you make for dinner. We probably would do some oop cs diner meals but I will need some ideas.

TIA
mb_uh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #2
MMcCarthy
DIS Veteran

We do the full meal. Salads, pot roast, steaks, chilli, and also do quick meals, chicken tenders hamburgers, chicken pot pies. A lot depends upon who is with us and hat the trip entails. We do lots of eating in the rooms when all 7 of us are on the trip. I hope other Disney resorts start doing the family in room dining that aulani has. Full meals for the family in the room. The price is better than eating out but not as good as cooking for yourself. We also unlit meal such as bacon and eggs for breakfast and blt for lunch during the week. Spaghetti and meatballs for dinner and meatball hoagies for lunch
Offsite 12/1998 mini honeymoon--first time I had been to WDW, All Star Sports 8/98-20+ family mbrs--first time for our kids, OKW 8/2000--brother & his family with our kids--commando style, DCL 4 night wonder 11/2003--just the four of us--absolutely paradise, DCL 3 night wonder 4/2004--mother & sister & nephew--too little time too much to do, VB 6/2004--first time home--should have bought much earlier, OKW April 2005 with inlaws--best vacation ever, WLV Aug 2005 with neice & nephew--hottest every, SSR April 2005 with inlaws and neice--wonderful trip, Disney Magic Double Dip Dec 2006--paradise found, BCV Dec 2006--MVMCP--wonderful, AKV August 2007--Daughter's 16 birthday trip, April 2008 VB--most relaxing vacation yet, August 2008-OKW--inlaws & DF--1st time home since losing mom, December 2008 (New Years)--HHI--almost whole family, nice & relaxing, April 2009 AKV & VWL-Girl Scouts Senior trip--extremely hectic, March 2010-AKV-first time at the lodge with inlaws, what a trip, April 2011-AKV-had to see Harry Potter world, disappointed, December 2011-SS-inlaws at Christmas-priceless

MMcCarthy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #3
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_uh View Post
Ok this may sound really stupid but what do most of you do for meals if you are eating meals in room. We usually get ddp but we may not be able to swing that this trip.

Breakfast is easy, and hot dog/sandwiches for lunch, but what do you make for dinner. We probably would do some oop cs diner meals but I will need some ideas.

TIA
Pasta would be easy. Salads with grilled chicken. Rice with shrimp. Veggie stir-fry. Chili. Soups.

sleepydog25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #4
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

If you don't want to spend a lot of time cooking, you can buy frozen just about anything. Steak, lasagna, chicken, skillet meals, salads, hamburgers, fish, and Publix fried chicken.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #5
~Brandy~
Now closer to the mouse!

We try to make relatively simple stuff and multiple items that can use the same ingredients so we don't have to waste much. Lettuce goes on tacos, and sandwiches. Shredded cheese goes on tacos, and in omelets, etc. We also like the Publix deli for the fried chicken meals and good sides. After paying Disney prices everything at Publix seems like a great deal!

For our most recent trip, we made up a meal plan and grocery list in advance so we didn't just buy whatever looked good, like we usually do, and our fridge was pretty empty at the end of the week.
~Brandy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #6
mb_uh
DIS Veteran

Thanks!
mb_uh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #7
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Just back from a week. Sunday we had meatloaf and the left overs I used for "hamburgers" on toast for lunches.
Monday: Chicken, tater tots and veggies
Tues: out for dinner
Wed: pork chops with rice and veggies
thur: left over pork with pasta
Fri: Finished all left overs as best as possible.

For breakfast it was cereal or bagel, yogurt

Lunches: hamburger, mac and cheese, ramen noodles, and chicken salad made with left over chicken.

che
Old 04-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #8
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

We like to grill so the THV are perfect for that. I guess it would depend on what resort and if a grill was nearby as that's always our first choice. On our big October trip we did everything from appetizers for dinner (fried quesadillas, chips/guacamole, grilled cheese cut into small triangles) to mac n cheese with a side of fruit/veggies to full breakfast for dinner to brats and burgers.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #9
brertoad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
If you don't want to spend a lot of time cooking, you can buy frozen just about anything. Steak, lasagna, chicken, skillet meals, salads, hamburgers, fish, and Publix fried chicken.

Bill
This is a great time saver and money saver. Publix has really nice rotisserie chickens and fresh bread, if you just purchase a few side items to prepare, like mashed potatoes, green beans, etc. Or if you don't want to fix sides, they have all kinds of picnic sides, like potato salads, baked beans, cole slaw, you can just pick up what you need and have you have a great meal. Plus they have fried chicken, chicken tenders, they may subs there, you can get great seafood from Publix too if you feel like cooking.

Publix also has BOGOs everyweek, if you check online at their website you can see the weekly buy 1 get 1 free items.

Me & DH
brertoad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: