Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #556
RGirl
DIS Veteran
 
RGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,902

Your Animal Kingdom plans sound great.

Glad you asked those PP+ questions, and glad some of these nice folks answered! I'm wondering though - if we are entering the park pre-opening for an early ADR or BBB on our first day, do I need to pick up the card/lanyard on the way in (will they be open?)? If I don't and we get PP pictures on our way to the castle (which we WILL), do I somehow have to switch those to the PP+ account at some point? Wow - I have no idea about this stuff! I need to just order the dang thing and wait for them to send me the info, I guess.
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #557
ronnmel
DIS Veteran
 
ronnmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: QC, Canada
Posts: 3,721

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Your Animal Kingdom plans sound great.

Glad you asked those PP+ questions, and glad some of these nice folks answered! I'm wondering though - if we are entering the park pre-opening for an early ADR or BBB on our first day, do I need to pick up the card/lanyard on the way in (will they be open?)? If I don't and we get PP pictures on our way to the castle (which we WILL), do I somehow have to switch those to the PP+ account at some point? Wow - I have no idea about this stuff! I need to just order the dang thing and wait for them to send me the info, I guess.
You can take all the photopass pictures you want, with as many different photopass cards as you want. You just have to enter all the photopass cards numbers into your account at the end. You really only need the real PP+ card for ride photos, and when the photo is included with the meal. I'm not sure about BBB though, you might need it. I know for ride photos you have up to 24 (or is that 48) hours to go back and get it, as long as you know the number. I don't know if BBB would work the same.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #558
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva
 
SoNotAPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Funny, Slorida
Posts: 1,215

OK, let's do this thing!

The food....

California Grill
Chef Mickey
'Ohana
Flame Tree BBQ

ADRs
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Chefs De France
Narcoossee's

That's a LOT of food right there!

Your AK plans sound really good! Hooray for Maddie riding EE...a daredevil in the making!

If you think she might be creeped out by the "crawling" bugs in her seat or the stinging sensation during ITTBAB, have her sit on someone's lap.

Take your PP+ voucher to the photo center in any of the parks. They will give you the PP+ card and a lanyard. For the question about PP+ and early park entry...you can get a regular PP card from the photographer and have the pictures transferred over to the PP+ card when you pick it up. That's what we did.

__________________
SoNotAPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #559
RGirl
DIS Veteran
 
RGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
You can take all the photopass pictures you want, with as many different photopass cards as you want. You just have to enter all the photopass cards numbers into your account at the end. You really only need the real PP+ card for ride photos, and when the photo is included with the meal. I'm not sure about BBB though, you might need it. I know for ride photos you have up to 24 (or is that 48) hours to go back and get it, as long as you know the number. I don't know if BBB would work the same.
Thank you!!!! BBB photos have been on my "normal" PP card in the past, so I'm guessing that will work just fine. Awesome - thanks!

Oh, with the ride photos, what do you have to do to ensure that they actually end up on your PP+ card? I have never purchased the ride photos (but am excited to have them included on PP+), so I am kind of (okay, VERY) clueless!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #560
ronnmel
DIS Veteran
 
ronnmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: QC, Canada
Posts: 3,721

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Thank you!!!! BBB photos have been on my "normal" PP card in the past, so I'm guessing that will work just fine. Awesome - thanks!

Oh, with the ride photos, what do you have to do to ensure that they actually end up on your PP+ card? I have never purchased the ride photos (but am excited to have them included on PP+), so I am kind of (okay, VERY) clueless!
You're welcome. After the ride you have to take note of your ride photo number. Then you go to the photopass counter for the ride, show your PP+ card, and they'll put it on for you. If you don't have the card with you, I think you have 24 hours to come back, but you need to come back to the specific ride and know your photo #.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #561
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran
 
lvcourtneyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 1,282

My tournament of food choices are for

California Grill because eating and watching Wishes top my list of my favorite things to do in WDW
Akershus for the same reason as before: princesses duh!
Ohana because we have an ADR here for September!!!
Flame Tree BBQ because it sounds yummy!

You guys are gonna love having Photopass plus! They're gonna mail you a voucher that's taped to the outside of a CD. That's the voucher you need to take with you. Then, the CD case has a CD of stock pictures which are nice and a pamphlet kinda deal that has your code to put in the Photopass site when you actually go to order your CD when you come back. You can trade the voucher in at any Photopass counter. We did ours at DTD. When you trade it in, they give you the red card on a lanyard with another little card listing the rides and character meals it's good for and they hole punch in the 2 week date.

One word of advice? Don't trust the landward. Our card fell off the lanyard a million times until one of the PP photographers in AK took out some tool and tightened the metal clasp on it. At the character meals, I presented the card to the photographer at the photo op and they put in on the card and then I guess made a note somewhere because the pictures were delivered to the table with no problem each time.

It's pretty awesome that Maddie wants to ride EE!

My ADR guesses are for Akershus, Chefs de France and Narcossees!
__________________


Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #562
hutch0830
Earning My Ears
 
hutch0830's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 54

I might be too late here, but I would strongly encourage you NOT to tour in Toms (as adorable as they may be). I wore Toms on our last trip and I not only ruined the shoes, but my feet HURT!
__________________


ASM - 1995; OWK - 2012
hutch0830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:18 PM   #563
RGirl
DIS Veteran
 
RGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
You're welcome. After the ride you have to take note of your ride photo number. Then you go to the photopass counter for the ride, show your PP+ card, and they'll put it on for you. If you don't have the card with you, I think you have 24 hours to come back, but you need to come back to the specific ride and know your photo #.
Thanks again! I was totally clueless having never purchased the ride photos. Now I will be prepared! And I'm excited for us to have the ride photos this trip.
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #564
danielle79
Dreaming of the Castle!
 
danielle79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Eden, NY
Posts: 269

Ok so my guessses are Chef Mickeys for breakfast, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall for a princess filled lunch (and salami) and Chefs De France for dinner.
The bracket guesses are signature- Yachtsman Steakhouse, character- Chef Mickeys, table service-Ohana, and counter service- Pizzafari.
*Just a little side note, I have an interview for a job I really want on Friday, so please send me a little , Thanks!
__________________
ME DH DD16 DD9 DD8

danielle79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #565
disneygirl520
Disney: where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.
 
disneygirl520's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 20,877

I never posted my guesses!!
Okay, let's go with arkershus, chefs de France, and narcoosses.
__________________
Heather
I will never stop believing in Disney magic.
disneygirl520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:44 AM   #566
hutch0830
Earning My Ears
 
hutch0830's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 54

I'm joining in to vote!!


Signature/Celebrity Chef
California Grill

The Character/Dinner Show
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

Table Service
'Ohana (our fave!!)

Counter Service
Flame Tree BBQ (I'm a vegetarian but this is DH's fave!!)
__________________


ASM - 1995; OWK - 2012
hutch0830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #567
TinksThree
DIS Veteran
 
TinksThree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 2,418

I have been following along but things are so crazy I never have time to stop to respond! Okay, so I can stop long enough to get in on this one bracket wise!!

Signature: California Grill, not been but really want to!!

The Character/Dinner Show: Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, not a Chef Mickey's fan at all (food wise anyhow)

Table Service: 'Ohana, tough one since we love both!

Counter Service: Pizzafari, I know Flametree gets lots of love but we have yet to try it and i know Pizzafari is really good so I will cast a vote for it!
TinksThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #568
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran
 
lvcourtneyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 1,282

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle79 View Post
Ok so my guessses are Chef Mickeys for breakfast, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall for a princess filled lunch (and salami) and Chefs De France for dinner.
The bracket guesses are signature- Yachtsman Steakhouse, character- Chef Mickeys, table service-Ohana, and counter service- Pizzafari.
*Just a little side note, I have an interview for a job I really want on Friday, so please send me a little , Thanks!
I know this wasn't directed for me, but some extra good thoughts can't hurt right?! Good luck with the interview!
__________________


Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #569
Cinderella909
Mouseketeer
 
Cinderella909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 496

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post

And, now we're moving on the next round where the decisions are sure to get much harder.

1. California Grill vs. 8. Yachtsman Steakhouse

1. Chef Mickey vs. 8. Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

1. 'Ohana vs. 9. 50s Prime Time Cafe

1. Flame Tree BBQ vs. 8. Pizzafar
Indeed, it's getting much harder, but here are my picks...

California Grill
Chef Mickey (only as they have the Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald!)
Ohana
Flame Tree BBQ
__________________
Cinderella909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:37 PM   #570
Cinderella909
Mouseketeer
 
Cinderella909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 496

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
It's been another crazy week sewing my little fingers off, but the graduation dress is looking awesome, and I hope to have photos to show off next week!

Here's the next clue for the Guess My ADR Game:
Can't wait to see pictures of your new outfits and the prom dress. Plans sounds good for AK. Here's my pick for day 5:

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (for breakfast... salami!)
Chefs De France (Lunch with Remy)
Narcoossee's (a nice relaxing dinner after a busy day around the world)

Thursdays are sneaking up on me... but I think I have another week for this one, but my choices are made!

Karen
__________________
Cinderella909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: