Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 04:10 AM   #16
HeatherC
Alas...these people I live with take up too much room

Just an FYI..DVC at Hilton Head is NOT oceanfront. It is a few minutes shuttle ride to the beach. I know people just assume it is on the ocean, but it is actually inland a bit.
HeatherC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:33 AM   #17
ReneeA
DIS Veteran

We stay at Hilton Head Beach and Tennis when we go. Older condos, but many owners have done a beautiful job updating their units. Most are very reasonably priced...the one we have booked for this summer is $700 for an ocean view room for the week, it's newly updated, and has 40+ great reviews. We found it on VRBO.

We visited Disney's Hilton Head resort, and I wouldn't stay there because to us, the point is a beach vacation. Having to shuttle to the ocean is not what I want to do, especially for the cost.
1980 offsite, 1988 offsite, Aug 1998 offsite, Apr 1999 offsite, Aug 2005 (free dining) ASMo, Aug 2006 (free dining) CSR, Aug 2007 CSR, Aug 2008 (free dining) CSR, Aug 2010 (free dining) CBR, Aug 2012 WL, Feb 2014 girl's trip AS Sports
ReneeA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 07:01 AM   #18
NaLisa
DIS Veteran

Any of these condos rent for less than a week? We're planning to go for a long weekend and would prefer a condo with kitchen over a hotel room.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:19 AM   #19
ReneeA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaLisa
Any of these condos rent for less than a week? We're planning to go for a long weekend and would prefer a condo with kitchen over a hotel room.
Most will. If you search Hilton Head Beach & Tennis on VRBO, it will pull up your options. Each listing will have the requirements, costs, and availability calendar posted.
1980 offsite, 1988 offsite, Aug 1998 offsite, Apr 1999 offsite, Aug 2005 (free dining) ASMo, Aug 2006 (free dining) CSR, Aug 2007 CSR, Aug 2008 (free dining) CSR, Aug 2010 (free dining) CBR, Aug 2012 WL, Feb 2014 girl's trip AS Sports
ReneeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:30 AM   #20
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaLisa View Post
Yes, many of them do. Waterside and the Marriott timeshares will for sure.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #21
NaLisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeA View Post
Most will. If you search Hilton Head Beach & Tennis on VRBO, it will pull up your options. Each listing will have the requirements, costs, and availability calendar posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HM View Post
Yes, many of them do. Waterside and the Marriott timeshares will for sure.
Thanks! I'll check into those.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #22
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

I'm off to check out VRBO now. We are trying to book things this morning.

2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI)
2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #23
KCmike

Spent a good portion of the morning scouring through tripadvisor and still am not sure what we should do. I'm thinking about maybe spending a little more money for a nicer place to stay.

I would like an oceanfront hotel with a pool close to the ocean, a grill area when you can walk up and get hambugers, sandwiches, etc., and a simple walk to the ocean from the resort. I keep comparing things to the Hotel Del Coronado and hoping to find it in Hilton Head. Am I asking too much?

2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI)
2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Old 04-28-2013, 08:50 PM   #24
dis-happy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
Spent a good portion of the morning scouring through tripadvisor and still am not sure what we should do. I'm thinking about maybe spending a little more money for a nicer place to stay.

I would like an oceanfront hotel with a pool close to the ocean, a grill area when you can walk up and get hambugers, sandwiches, etc., and a simple walk to the ocean from the resort. I keep comparing things to the Hotel Del Coronado and hoping to find it in Hilton Head. Am I asking too much?
I used to live in San Diego, so I know the Del well. I've allso lived part time in Sea Pines (HHI) for several years.

The closest thing to the Del would be the Westin.

If that is too pricey, book the Holiday Inn. There are also a lot of shops and restaurants within walking distance from there at Coligny Plaza. Much more of a beach scene there, the kids would like it.

HTH
dis-happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #25
KCmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis-happy View Post
I used to live in San Diego, so I know the Del well. I've allso lived part time in Sea Pines (HHI) for several years.

The closest thing to the Del would be the Westin.

If that is too pricey, book the Holiday Inn. There are also a lot of shops and restaurants within walking distance from there at Coligny Plaza. Much more of a beach scene there, the kids would like it.

HTH
Thanks dis happy. I checked it out and it is booked for the time we want to go. I'm down to I think two. The beach house by Holiday Inn or the Barony. The Holiday Inn looks like a motel. Not sure if the Barony is worth the extra dollars or not as some of the buildings might be further away?

I absolutely have to book by today as the time keeps flying by and getting closer to our trip.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #26
HeatherC
Alas...these people I live with take up too much room

Did you try the Marriott Hotel in Palmetto Dunes? Direct oceanfront, pool right at beach with grill and a few more feet down the beach is The Dune House beachfront restaurant/ grill. I think it is exactly what you are looking for.

Good luck!!!!
HeatherC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: