Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 06:19 AM   #91
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchesGr8Fan View Post
I forgot to mention that requirement. It has to be absolutely quiet and soundproof so her son can hear his iPad at all times. And you must not be able to feel the bumps in the road. Lol!

In all seriousness, I'm glad you all reassured me that there really is nothing that meets ALL of their requirements. They have to compromise on something. I have a feeling they will get an Expedition and he will have to put the seats in the right configuration for her when she needs them changed. They will just deal with not being able to open the doors when it is in the garage.

Unfortunately as her closest friend that will still listen to her, I will hear the complaints about whatever they do buy. I'm getting better about letting it go in one ear and out the other.
As a former owner of 2 mini vans back in the days of young kids, IT IS the vehicle that fills ALL of their requirements. (Just to echo the previous posters.)

I guess just nod your head when she starts up with the complaints.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #92
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

Update - they bought a new car. Guess what they got? A certified pre-owned fully loaded 2013 Toyota Sienna. All you people who said she would realize she needs a mini-van were right!

Of course she acted like it was a novel concept and she didn't know why she didn't think of a mini-van sooner, lol. I told her I am happy for her and think it is the perfect vehicle for her. Hoping they get a lot of years out of this!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #93
Lintasare
Holy
Hello. My name is Inigo Peeptoya...you ate my father...prepare to die
Ok fess up...who killed the riddle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 View Post
None of the German makes (other than Mercedes) has good long term reliability, and they are all expensive to fix.
I disagree. My family has owned BMWs for years and the reliability on our cars has been fantastic. I currently drive a 2000 3 series with over 140K miles on it and the only maintenance I do is oil changes. My brother has a 95 3 series and the engine still runs like almost new.

Lintasare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #94
Southernmiss
I am hazed everyday

Quote:
Update - they bought a new car. Guess what they got? A certified pre-owned fully loaded 2013 Toyota Sienna. All you people who said she would realize she needs a mini-van were right!

Of course she acted like it was a novel concept and she didn't know why she didn't think of a mini-van sooner, lol. I told her I am happy for her and think it is the perfect vehicle for her. Hoping they get a lot of years out of this!
Thanks for the follow up, OP. This makes me

How many of her own stipulations did that break??

I hope she loves hers as much as I love my 2008 Toyota Sienna. Wishing her many, many miles of happy driving!
Southernmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #95
teacherlisa1978
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernmiss

Thanks for the follow up, OP. This makes me

How many of her own stipulations did that break??

I hope she loves hers as much as I love my 2008 Toyota Sienna. Wishing her many, many miles of happy driving!
Love my Sienna too. I never wanted to be a minivan mom but it was absolutely the best choice for us. I feel exactly like my mom driving a blue van around town but oh well, it fits our needs. Hoping in a few years when I need a other vehicle it will be a brand new one!

Carsland, Candy Corn, and Caramel Macchiatos-a DLR Trip Report
Disneyland: 1989, 2001, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2013
Disneyland Paris: 1994-free trip won through the Disney Store!
Walt Disney World: 1992, 1997, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
teacherlisa1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #96
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintasare View Post
I disagree. My family has owned BMWs for years and the reliability on our cars has been fantastic. I currently drive a 2000 3 series with over 140K miles on it and the only maintenance I do is oil changes. My brother has a 95 3 series and the engine still runs like almost new.
The 3 series is the best of the bunch, though still prone to some gremlins. Most people wouldn't touch a used 7 series with a 10 foot pole.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #97
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintasare View Post
Glad you've had good luck. As several former BMW owners put it "there's a reason BMW includes a tool kit with every car they sell".
Old 04-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #98
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

I KNEW they would get a minivan! It just makes sense!
Old 04-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #99
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:

BAHAHAHA....that is truly priceless.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #100
tcufrog
Mouseketeer

OMG!!! This hilarious. Not American and a minivan. It's amazing how many people are making their way back to minivan with their tails between their legs.

When I was a kid my parents had one of the first 8 minivans in Dallas. People were fascinated by it and would stop us in public because they had never seen anything like it and were fascinated. I swore I would never get a minivan. What do I drive now? A Honda Odyssey I plan to drive into the ground.
tcufrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:57 AM   #101
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Well crap. The Tardis is out then because it makes an awful noise and the ride can be pretty bumpy.

Only if you leave the parking brake on.

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: