Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #106
Gracefulskinny
Mouseketeer

My mom had to deal with a similar situation once. She ended up sprinkling black pepper in the yard (harmless on the whole but will burn their nose when they sniff it and deter them from pooping in your yard.)

Sad thing is my mom was nice enough to warn the neighbor not calling the neighbor out directly but just along the lines of "Because I am finding a lot of poop in my yard I have put down a dog deterant to keep them off. Thought you would like to know so you can keep your dog away." A few weeks later We got a knock on the door the dog was sick and how dare we poison it. (Note it wasn't the pepper it was an old dog with health issues they just wanted someone to blame.)

I'm with the others if your neighbor is letting her dog wander outside she is breaking most leash laws. I would do as the PPs have suggested and write a note firmly but politely explaining it isn't your cat but that her dog is continuing to poop in your yard and that there are leash laws that need to be followed and that you will call animal control if necessary.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:57 PM   #107
dansamy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl
This dis never cease to amaze me.
Me either.
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #108
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
Ah...people!

Since she so nicely wrote you a note, I'd write her back saying:

Dear Mrs. ABC,

I received your note about my cat. Unfortunately, this is NOT my cat that is coming into your yard; it is the cat across the street. My cats are indoor cats, and I never let them outside.

But since we are now communicating about animal misbehavior and you seem to be open to this "discussion", I would like to take this opportunity to remind you again that your dog keeps coming into my yard and defecating. It is not another dog--I see him. It's your dog. Seeing as how you don't enjoy cats in your yard, you can most certainly understand how I would not want dogs in my yard. Please take a tip from the Golden Rule and keep your dog out of my yard.
If this doesn't work start scooping it up and putting it right in front of her door on her porch unbagged every time it happens. It will only take a time or two of her stepping in it for her to get it.

Sorry, I guess I should have read through the thread before posting exactly what you have been doing. lol Good for you and if it isn't working put it in a paper bag and light it on fire on her porch then ring the doorbell and run. lol

Last edited by angwill; 04-27-2013 at 06:22 PM.
angwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:45 PM   #109
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracefulskinny View Post
My mom had to deal with a similar situation once. She ended up sprinkling black pepper in the yard (harmless on the whole but will burn their nose when they sniff it and deter them from pooping in your yard.)

OP, please do not do this. There is a cat wandering around loose. If the cat walks through the pepper, it won't just get it up it's nose for a bit. It will get on the fur. They clean their fur with their tongues. The cat won't know to drink water. And it will probably try to get all the pepper of it's fur.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #110
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
Old 04-27-2013, 07:27 PM   #111
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
I think she means the DIS's creative and awesome ways of dealing with real-life problems never ceases to amaze .
Old 04-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #112
LuvsDragonflies
DIS Veteran

Awesome! Wonder if they will ever figure it out.

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it. ~ Abraham Lincoln
"Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith"-- Robert G. Ingersoll
LuvsDragonflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:13 AM   #113
SLCborn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in IA View Post
I would make a joke about you possibly being a mailman, but that would just get me a nasty PM.

Anyway, thanks for the entertaining update. Yup, it is confirmed - your neighbor is nuts.
The OP is hilarious but I have to ask.........

If I'm understanding your post correctly someone knew a mailman that pooped in a yard (ewww) and you got a PM about it??

First of all who would even post about someone pooping in a yard (or think it's ok) and then who would get their knickers in a twist enough to PM someone about it? Interesting and I hope I was reading that all wrong and if so please just ignore this post. If not I am truly floored.
SLCborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:37 AM   #114
crashbb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCborn View Post
The OP is hilarious but I have to ask.........

If I'm understanding your post correctly someone knew a mailman that pooped in a yard (ewww) and you got a PM about it??

First of all who would even post about someone pooping in a yard (or think it's ok) and then who would get their knickers in a twist enough to PM someone about it? Interesting and I hope I was reading that all wrong and if so please just ignore this post. If not I am truly floored.
I don't know about the PM, but there was definitely a poster who defended a mail man pooping in someone's yard.

This thread has been a very amusing read - the things that happen in some neighbourhoods!
crashbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:10 AM   #115
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack

One thing I have learned in life is that you can't reason with crazy. These people are nuts. Who would be ok with poo all over your steps and walkway? I find it so odd that they just keep stepping in it yet not cleaning it up. I am hoping to wear them down.
dakcp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:11 AM   #116
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakcp2001 View Post
Well, poogate update! I have been relocating poo for a few days now, mostly to their front steps and walkway. There is plenty that looks stepped in and places where people have scraped it off on the stairs over there (ew) . They continue to let their dog out to poo on my lawn. I continue to place it on their steps walkway, they continue to step in it. We do now have multiple videos of their dog doing his business on the lawn. The house on the other side of me is now also relocating the poop back over there. So they get most of their poo back now! Let us see how long they keep this up.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #117
SLCborn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashbb View Post
I don't know about the PM, but there was definitely a poster who defended a mail man pooping in someone's yard.

Wow
SLCborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #118
ilovejack02
what do you all think?

This @#$% is funny.
ilovejack02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #119
bankgirl05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejack02 View Post
This @#$% is funny.
bankgirl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #120
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashbb View Post

This thread has been a very amusing read - the things that happen in some neighbourhoods!
Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!! There will always be someone to justify everything. A mailman pooping in someones yard would make for a good utube video. lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: