Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 08:15 AM   #196
carissa1970
DIS Veteran
 
carissa1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 847

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post

The CB is given much more latitude than some of the other boards. The mods of the Trip planning boards tend to run tighter ships and will close a thread that looks like it could veer off topic, may become hostile/argumentative, if the OP has already been answered etc.

Of course one can always move that discussion to the CB to keep it going...
I love this...a suggestion to bypass the closing of the thread! I hope someone does it, because when I told my DH last night the milk thread was closed, he was sort of sad! Lol.

carissa1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:16 AM   #197
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevschickee View Post

I posted it up above. Chocolate milk lol
Thanks. Lol! Milk is it a condiment or a beverage discuss lol.... Personally I love a mug of ketchup before bed ....
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #198
leebee
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Orono, ME
Posts: 5,390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Thanks. Lol! Milk is it a condiment or a beverage discuss lol.... Personally I love a mug of ketchup before bed ....
Free ketchup packets + hot water = free tomato soup!

My top ten "attitude" topics:

Strollers/leashes for kids in the parks
ECVs
Helicopter parents/snowflake children
Refillable mugs/pool hopping
Offsite vs. onsite (includes busses vs. own vehicle, DDP vs. OOP)
Tour/competition groups
What is "against Disney rules" vs. what is "against DIS-perceived" rules
Cost of wedding gift/covering your plate
Why ask for medical/marital/personal advice on an open forum
Taking a vacation vs. paying off cc (includs comments about trip choices)

Honorable mention goes to buttering/eating bread (I am firmly in the break it into bites and butter individually camp) and any "pet peeves" thread that takes on a life of its own and becomes a condemnation of the opinion-poster!
__________________
leebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #199
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebee View Post

Free ketchup packets + hot water = free tomato soup!

My top ten "attitude" topics:

Strollers/leashes for kids in the parks
ECVs
Helicopter parents/snowflake children
Refillable mugs/pool hopping
Offsite vs. onsite (includes busses vs. own vehicle, DDP vs. OOP)
Tour/competition groups
What is "against Disney rules" vs. what is "against DIS-perceived" rules
Cost of wedding gift/covering your plate
Why ask for medical/marital/personal advice on an open forum
Taking a vacation vs. paying off cc (includs comments about trip choices)

Honorable mention goes to buttering/eating bread (I am firmly in the break it into bites and butter individually camp) and any "pet peeves" thread that takes on a life of its own and becomes a condemnation of the opinion-poster!
Lol re honourable mention! Lmao.
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #200
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,624

Disney ponchos vs instore ponchos such as Walmart. Are the Disney ones worth it? ( with a side line of why not just get wet I hate ponchos they make me chaff in the mix ) I was particularly impressed with how long some people claimed the Disney ponchos lasted. With the times getting longer and longer as the thread went on. I am sure one predated the Parks being built or Walt's birth...
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #201
CaliBear
DIS Veteran
 
CaliBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,233

Having skimmed the milk thread I'd like to add to the list:

Disney is there for kids not adults.
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #202
PeterPanic
DIS Veteran
 
PeterPanic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,121

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBear View Post
Having skimmed the milk thread I'd like to add to the list:

Disney is there for kids not adults.
Unfortunately, that isn't true. Disney is for everyone and everyone includes adults and children. If one needs to go to a kid free environment, Sandals would be a good choice, I think.
PeterPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #203
Arielle22
We have had spirits
I had never heard of it before the Dis
this is how we show love, get used to it
 
Arielle22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Boston,MA
Posts: 2,552

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevschickee View Post
Krispy Kreme YUMMMMM we had one around here and it never made it. I wish we had Mom and Pop shops around here.
There is a bakery in Quincy that makes excellent doughnuts. PM me if you want the name.
__________________
BI 11/05
WL 8/03,8/06,11/10, 11/13, 8/14
POR 10/01
CB 03/92
CSR and BC 08/09
BWI 11/11
OFF SITE 88,94,96,00


Arielle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #204
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,709

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic View Post
Unfortunately, that isn't true. Disney is for everyone and everyone includes adults and children. If one needs to go to a kid free environment, Sandals would be a good choice, I think.
I think the PP was trying to point out that people BELIEVE Disney is for kids and will argue as such.
__________________
Freedom W. Caribbean June 15 - June 22, 2014 Video
Oasis W. Caribbean June 8 - June 15, 2014 Review
Barcelo Maya Palace June 29-July 6, 2012
Bay Lake Towers, WDW June 1 - June 6, 2011
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #205
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran
 
Scrappy_Tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Colorful Colorado!
Posts: 4,726

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_gordon View Post
I think the PP was trying to point out that people BELIEVE Disney is for kids and will argue as such.


Then there's people like me, on the flip side, that wish there was one night kid-free a month at the MK. Could you imagine, a whole night (let's say 8-Midnight) where everyone was 21 or older, and they sold cocktails at booths? That'd be like a happy place within my happy place!
__________________

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #206
ebtbmom
DIS Veteran
 
ebtbmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 1,904

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post


Then there's people like me, on the flip side, that wish there was one night kid-free a month at the MK. Could you imagine, a whole night (let's say 8-Midnight) where everyone was 21 or older, and they sold cocktails at booths? That'd be like a happy place within my happy place!
Slow clap, best idea ever.
__________________
ME DH DS16
11/2004 1st trip, ASM,11/2006 2nd trip, POP,6/2008 day trip DLR,11/2008 3rd trip, POP,1/2010 DLR at DLH!,1/2011 1st solo POFQ, 11/2011 POR, 3/2012 B-day trip! 10/2012 POP, 6/2013 day trip DLP 11/2013 POP 2/2014 CSR 2nd solo!

ebtbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:01 PM   #207
Janepod
The new dinning plan is out. Need to get those ressies in!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Fairfield County
Posts: 3,480

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post


Then there's people like me, on the flip side, that wish there was one night kid-free a month at the MK. Could you imagine, a whole night (let's say 8-Midnight) where everyone was 21 or older, and they sold cocktails at booths? That'd be like a happy place within my happy place!
Oh, what, are you trying to make Walt spin out of his frozen head grave?

I love this idea. You're a genius.
Janepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:28 AM   #208
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janepod View Post

Oh, what, are you trying to make Walt spin out of his frozen head grave?

I love this idea. You're a genius.
I think that's what those Horror nights at Universal was trying to do without actually declaring itself kid free it was def more adult focussed. Made MNSSP look like teacup ride ( which I prefer because I am a wimp ) Sadly it also scared the life out of a lot of adults including myself lol.
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #209
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Kernersville, NC
Posts: 4,520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post


Then there's people like me, on the flip side, that wish there was one night kid-free a month at the MK. Could you imagine, a whole night (let's say 8-Midnight) where everyone was 21 or older, and they sold cocktails at booths? That'd be like a happy place within my happy place!
If you NEED alcohol to have fun at MK then you have a problem.....Oh wait, that's probably a controversial statement too.
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:40 AM   #210
kevschickee
DIS Veteran
 
kevschickee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Stoughton Ma
Posts: 1,183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke

I think that's what those Horror nights at Universal was trying to do without actually declaring itself kid free it was def more adult focussed. Made MNSSP look like teacup ride ( which I prefer because I am a wimp ) Sadly it also scared the life out of a lot of adults including myself lol.
We did the horror night on our honeymoon and OMG we loved it. Plus there was a shot stand like every 10ft. It scared me and I am not easily scared.
__________________
Me 32 Halee 7

Danica 5 DH 32

http://
kevschickee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: