DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #16
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

We do a 13-15 night stay every summer, and try to sneak in another week for either F&W, Halloween, Easter, or Christmas.

The two-week summer trip is typically a week in a studio for the two of us, and a week in a two-bedroom with friends/family. The 3rd week or long weekend trips, when we do them, are always the two of us in a studio.

We're very comfortable in a studio, and we've become accustomed to the DVC laundry rooms. We can deal with not having a kitchen because there are so many restaurants we love. The one thing I really do miss in the studio is not having the spa tub to relax sore muscles. Of course, there are the ones at the pool, which we make due with. I'm a cheapskate when it comes to our points, and although we've talked about it from time to time, I've never been able to bring myself to reserve a one-bedroom for just the two of us.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #17
DMKEDM
DIS Veteran

Our pattern is changing now that DS is out of school and in the world of work...but for the past 7 years, I'd get 25-30 nights at DVC...usually two 7 or 8-night trips w/DS on a school break (T-giving and summer), and then another 2-3 trips, of 5 nights each, w/various friends/family w/out DS...

For the DS trips, we stayed in studios until two years ago, when we "graduated" to one BRs...for the "other" trips I get two studios--one for me, and one for the people I'm "taking" ...

Now that the two week-long (plus a night) trips w/DS are "history" (altho we will get one 6-night trip in this year, in December), and all my Disney-obsessed friends have been w/some frequency over the past 7 years and are less "anxious" to go again "soon," we're not sure how it's going to work...we're playing it by ear...since I'm completely borrowed out through 2013 UY (still have more than half my 2014 points, but who knows how long that will last!), there's no hurry about deciding what to do...

I want to try a pure solo trip--so far, I've tacked on a day or two at the beginning or end of family/friend trips, but have never done a trip all on my own (altho I did do one business trip to Orlando and added 3 nights at BLT to that trip)...I think I'll love it, but it's just hard to carve out the time when it's "just me"...such a trip would be in a studio--I see no need for a full one-BR for just me!

So, we're in a "we'll see" pattern over here...
DMKEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #18
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkolbusz1 View Post
Just wondering how long everyone likes to visit Disney. When I was younger I have no idea how long our family stayed, but then we ended up with 7 days, now 8 & now that we bought into the dvc i think we may do some 7s to be able to do some 1bedrooms.
Thats another ? Do you use our full allotment of points & borrow to get a bigger room of always do a studio for a fam of 4 with 2 young kids?
We like to take more trips and are rarely in the room to do anything other than sleep or shower so we bought enough points (250) to spend about 2 weeks / year in studios (depending on the resort & season that may vary a little bit). I also have no interest in doing laundry or cooking (other than using the toaster) on my vacation so there is no real need for the full kitchen or laundry for us either. When I look at the point charts I feel like the points for a 1 bedroom are not worthwhile and are the worst value of any size unit because our DS would still not have a regular bed to sleep in. That is his biggest peeve. He does like a real bed when he can get one. But a 2 bedroom would be overkill for 3 people so it ain't happenin' with us. We'll do 2 weeks in studios any time.

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #19
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Since 2008 with our DVC, we have stayed in studios, one week in October for school fall break. We also stay varying amounts over Spring Break or summer at either WDW or VB or HHI in studios as well. This year, we are trying one trip only in a 1 BR. We have four, and dds are now 11 & 9, so the extra space may be enjoyable.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #20
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkolbusz1 View Post
Just wondering how long everyone likes to visit Disney. When I was younger I have no idea how long our family stayed, but then we ended up with 7 days, now 8 & now that we bought into the dvc i think we may do some 7s to be able to do some 1bedrooms.
Thats another ? Do you use our full allotment of points & borrow to get a bigger room of always do a studio for a fam of 4 with 2 young kids?

There are 5 of us (6 on our last trip as DD brought her best friend) and we are in a constant state of borrowing. On our last trip we stayed at the THV and AKV, 10 nights total. I went way over points but it was so worth it. I like elbow room. I know some one bedrooms can fit 5 but I like to leave the living room a living room.

If we had 4 in our family, I'd be temped to do a Studio and save points but think I would ultimately rent a one bedroom.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #21
oneprincessjo
Mouseketeer

We are a family of 3, one of which is a 20 month old. We ALWAYS get a 1 bedroom at BLT. I love the space, if our daughter is having a rough night one of us can take her in the living room and watch a little tv while the other parent can sleep. I LOVE having the whirlpool tub and king sized bed. I can't imagine staying in a studio, before booking our last trip we ended buying extra points so we had enough to book the 1 bedroom, but we are always known to borrow points as well. I figure I'm on vacation and having a small child we do spend about half our day in the room so I want something we can all be comfortable in. We also stay anywhere between 5 and 7 nights.

February 25th - March 1st 2008: Wilderness Lodge - Honeymoon and First EVER Disney World Trip!!!
November 28th - December 3rd 2010: Wilderness Lodge
February 26th - March 1st 2012: Bay Lake Tower
November 24th 2012: Old Key West
November 25th - 29th 2012: Bay Lake Tower
January 23rd 2014: Beach Club Villas
January 24th - 31st 2014: Bay Lake Tower
oneprincessjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:04 AM   #22
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

We have been going for 6 or 7 nights in a two bedroom. We had 200 points banked the yeár we bought in so we have been able to have the two bedroom even though it was more than 200 points for the week. We bought in thinking it was enough for a week a year at AKV in a one bedroom but have never stayed in less than a two since becoming members. We are waiting for our new contract to be loaded, we just bought 100 add on at BWv so we can go on two trips a year and might try a smaller room since all of our kids may not be able to all travel together at the same time with us.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: