Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #2192
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

If I were going to willingly put myself on a plane for anything that long (or more), I would first have to have something to knock me out.

Then, I would only do it to see a) The British Isles; or b) New Zealand. I guess if I were doing the BI's, I could always hop a ferry to the Continent and then do the train thing.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #2193
Mean Queen
If only life were like a musical....
I always appreciate snarky
A whole zoo!
I blame it all on the computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post

I can't stomach that length of flight at MY age, and that's a lot more than 3!!
That's one thing keeping us from going overseas, the long plane ride. And the cost. We are talking about going to Hawaii next year. But that depends on the cost of flights and being able to use our points at Aulani.

BTW - I'm at Disney right now! Staying at the treehouse villas for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DVC Owners - SSR & BLT DCL: 11/05 ~ 5/07 ~ 11/08 ~ 6/09 ~ 8/10 ~ 3/11B2B ~ 11/11 ~ 6/12 ~9/12 ~ 11/13 ~ 1/14
Old 04-27-2013, 03:18 PM   #2194
Mean Queen
A whole zoo!

Woo hoo! Got a walk in to Be Our Guest. Showed up at 4:15 and they said 15 - 20 minutes now or not at all today. We took it.

DVC Owners - SSR & BLT DCL: 11/05 ~ 5/07 ~ 11/08 ~ 6/09 ~ 8/10 ~ 3/11B2B ~ 11/11 ~ 6/12 ~9/12 ~ 11/13 ~ 1/14
Old 04-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #2195
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
If I were going to willingly put myself on a plane for anything that long (or more), I would first have to have something to knock me out.

Then, I would only do it to see a) The British Isles; or b) New Zealand. I guess if I were doing the BI's, I could always hop a ferry to the Continent and then do the train thing.
They make good drugs for that, believe me.

I'd like to see Great Britain. Can't really describe why in a short amount of sentences, so many different reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Queen View Post
That's one thing keeping us from going overseas, the long plane ride. And the cost. We are talking about going to Hawaii next year. But that depends on the cost of flights and being able to use our points at Aulani.

BTW - I'm at Disney right now! Staying at the treehouse villas for the first time.

Ooo, Aulani. I have never been to Hawaii.

Quote:
Woo hoo! Got a walk in to Be Our Guest. Showed up at 4:15 and they said 15 - 20 minutes now or not at all today. We took it.

Jealous!

Green. Green with envy! Like that guy, except not sick.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #2196
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Oh, believe me, don't I know it. We've got family in Italy, and MJS is dying to go, but I just can't stomach the ticket price right now nor the length of flight at Squirt's age. (He'll be 3 in July.)
It's actually easier to fly when they are younger. We've flown with DS when he was 7 months, under 3, 5, 7, 8, 10 and 11. It seems the older he gets, the more uncomfortable it gets for him, the harder it is for us!

Quote:

You're just making us green with envy! Have fun.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 04-28-2013, 07:38 AM   #2197
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
It's actually easier to fly when they are younger. We've flown with DS when he was 7 months, under 3, 5, 7, 8, 10 and 11. It seems the older he gets, the more uncomfortable it gets for him, the harder it is for us!
You haven't met Squirt.

Nemo, my oldest. Super easy flier. As a baby, napped on planes, as an older kiddo, entertained by reading, DS, DVDs, whatever.

Squirt?

Oh good gracious. I can't even get into it. And he's flown...at least three times. We'll see how he does on this trip.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #2198
LegoMom3

I'm just putzing around on here this morning, and TK, I was looking over all the links in your siggie and found the TR from the May weekend in '09. So I ventured on over and started to have a nice reminiscent read.....esp. the chapter re: our ride on the HM together.....the ride that sealed our friendship lock, stock and barrel.... ......and thinking, y'know, we really ought to do that again someday. You, me, and our gal Tink.

One can dream.....

p.s. Can you imagine what a meal at Casey's would be like now that we are all so comfortable with each other?!!

Old 04-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #2199
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
Iím SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Quote:
Aw, Kimmar. Rough day?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I hope this is because you're either having withdrawals from Disney or having a rough day.

I certainly hope it has nothing to do with you personally or any family members.
....the doctors finally did what they were trying to avoid - they amputated my brother's left leg, 5 inches below his knee [and, he is also permanently blind]....plus, my DS, who went into the NJ State Tropper's Police Academy last Monday, is now out....he blew out his knee and they think he tore his meniscus....he'll have to wait 2 years to re-enter....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 04-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #2200
TarzansKat

Quote:
I'm just putzing around on here this morning, and TK, I was looking over all the links in your siggie and found the TR from the May weekend in '09. So I ventured on over and started to have a nice reminiscent read.....esp. the chapter re: our ride on the HM together.....the ride that sealed our friendship lock, stock and barrel.... ......and thinking, y'know, we really ought to do that again someday. You, me, and our gal Tink.

One can dream.....

p.s. Can you imagine what a meal at Casey's would be like now that we are all so comfortable with each other?!!

Aw. That was a great way to spend a day, wasn't it?

Is that first ride we went on together?

And I snortlaughed at your last comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....the doctors finally did what they were trying to avoid - they amputated my brother's left leg, 5 inches below his knee [and, he is also permanently blind]....plus, my DS, who went into the NJ State Tropper's Police Academy last Monday, is now out....he blew out his knee and they think he tore his meniscus....he'll have to wait 2 years to re-enter....
I am so sorry to hear that, on both counts. You'll be in my prayers.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #2201
LegoMom3

kimmar...........
Old 04-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #2202
LegoMom3

Quote:
Aw. That was a great way to spend a day, wasn't it?

Is that first ride we went on together?

And I snortlaughed at your last comment.

It was the first two-seater that you offered to ride with me (apparently I was being SO accommodating that I kept insisting you and Tink ride together, happy to do the solo-seat bit). The first actual ride we all did was POTC!!! Woot!

Old 04-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #2203
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
Iím SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Quote:

I am so sorry to hear that, on both counts. You'll be in my prayers.
Quote:
kimmar...........
...thanks...
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 04-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #2204
TarzansKat

Quote:
It was the first two-seater that you offered to ride with me (apparently I was being SO accommodating that I kept insisting you and Tink ride together, happy to do the solo-seat bit). The first actual ride we all did was POTC!!! Woot!

So it's a first of sorts!

Can you believe I actually did remember that POTC was our first ride? What the _____ is wrong with me???? Now that you say it, I do remember waiting for you in front of the flag with Tink.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:06 PM   #2205
Mean Queen
A whole zoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
I'm so sorry Kimmar.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: