Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 07:59 AM   #16
RebeccaB
DIS Veteran

Down 2lbs here...I bought small cans of Coke (90 calorie and 25g of sugar) and am only drinking one of those per day. I stopped snacking after dinner....hopefully these changes make some difference. I'm going to start Jillian Michael's 30day Shred on Monday to tone up.
Keep up the good fight!!

RebeccaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:01 AM   #17
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Down 3 pounds. Not sure how
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #18
Martha7
DIS Veteran

I just started the Bob Harper 'Jumpstart to Skinny,' and am on day 3. It seems to be working well, and I'm down about 4 pounds so far. I have a ways to go, since I get pretty tired out during the workouts. I picked up The Biggest Loser 30 Day Power Train DVD at Walmart for about ten bucks. I also have a hubby who has no interest in joining me, but at least he walked with me yesterday for 45 minutes!
Martha7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #19
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Is it too late to join in?

I have nothing to wear because almost all my pants are too tight. I refuse to buy new clothes to fit my fatter body. I'd have plenty to wear if I could just lose 10-15 lbs.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic Eastern 2004 DCL Magic Western 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:08 PM   #20
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595 View Post
Is it too late to join in?

I have nothing to wear because almost all my pants are too tight. I refuse to buy new clothes to fit my fatter body. I'd have plenty to wear if I could just lose 10-15 lbs.
Join right in!!!

Every time I think of reaching for something in the fridge, I imagine 12 sticks of butter-- that's the weight I've lost since last week. It's less the actual 3 pounds than the image of that much fat that's helping me a bit.

By this summer, the Disboards will be full of the group of svelte members of this thread!!

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #21
RebeccaB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post
Join right in!!!

Every time I think of reaching for something in the fridge, I imagine 12 sticks of butter-- that's the weight I've lost since last week. It's less the actual 3 pounds than the image of that much fat that's helping me a bit.

By this summer, the Disboards will be full of the group of svelte members of this thread!!
Oh I like this image. Have to remember this when that cheesecake is whispering my name.

RebeccaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #22
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's been 3 days and I'm down 2 pounds.

It's a start
That's terrific!!
I just found this thread and have just put down my bag of wine gums!
I need to lose 15lbs too!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #23
Aliceacc

In a supreme act of will power, I just took my daughter to Ralph's for Italian Ices (man, I LOVE that place!!) and my other 2 to Carvel.... and got myself nothing

I went food shopping today. I'll cut up some strawberries and bananas as dessert in a while.

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Old 04-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #24
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Quote:
In a supreme act of will power, I just took my daughter to Ralph's for Italian Ices (man, I LOVE that place!!) and my other 2 to Carvel.... and got myself nothing

I went food shopping today. I'll cut up some strawberries and bananas as dessert in a while.
Good for you!

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic Eastern 2004 DCL Magic Western 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #25
bankgirl05
DIS Veteran

OOOH, count me in!!! Since Hip Revision Surgery almost 2 years ago, and spending quite a lot of that time very immobile/inactive I am up 30 lbs on my already "could stand to lose 10 post baby lbs" body!!!!

Sooo, 40 lbs is really unrealistic for me, but I would be ecstatic with 15-20. I am a stay at home mom, and I do try to eat healthy-ish, but I think that I boredom eat, plus my inactivity is really weighing me down (pun intended)

My plan???? Not sure... healthier "fillers" (like less carbs,more fruit???) Drink more water... Use my excercise ball for things like folding laundry
(core strengthening) and do some more moderate excercises. (walking long distances still out of the question due to pain level, but maybe a couple of blocks or two would be a good start?)

Suggestions???
bankgirl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:56 AM   #26
packofjedis
Mouseketeer

I'm in (better late than never!).

15 lbs is exactly what I'm shooting for. I never have the gumption to start mainly because my metabolism sits tight. I've been the same weight give or take 5 lbs since my 2nd son, 14 years ago! I can eat what I want and only go up or down a pound or 2. So my concern is once I lose the weight, will I start yo-yo-ing more than I do now?

My plan is watching my servings, exercising daily (ok more realistic would be 5x/week) even if it's just walking the neighborhood, and cutting back on the ice cream
packofjedis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:51 AM   #27
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

I dusted off my weight scale this morning, but I was afraid to get on it. I will try again tomorrow!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:52 PM   #28
mousefanmichelle
DIS Veteran

I am in! I have been doing Insanity every other day for a week now and inbetween those days I have been doing some core exercises. I need to lose weight so I am watching what I am eating too. I could use some support and this is exactly what I need! Thank you :-)

June 2003 Sheraton Vistana * June 2005 Sheraton Vistana *May 2007 Sheraton Vistana * May 2008 POP - Solo trip * Aug. 2008 POP & Grand Floridian * May 2009 Caribbean Beach * April 2010 Sheraton Vistana/ Ft. Wilderness cabin *
mousefanmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #29
amichaell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
MyFitnessPal is calorie based so you can eat whatever you want just in smaller portion sizes. You'd be surprised at how much of the regular foods we eat regularly are in their database. If it's not, you can add it as well as any recipes you use.
myfitness pal is a GREAT tool! I'm in week seven of P90X. myfitnesspal is a crucial tool in my goal of losing about 12 pounds of fat. Just like a budget, it's scary when you actually keep track of everything you eat/drink and just how quickly unbalanced your nutrition can become.

My family and I went to a steakhouse yesterday. Before P90X and myfitnesspal I'd order a soda (or sweet tea) and eat one or two of those buttered bread rolls. So two glasses of soda and two bread rolls: that's 1000 calories right there.
amichaell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:16 AM   #30
Aliceacc

OK, not a GREAT week. I went to a First Communion party yesterday. While I did cheat smart, I still ate more food than I should have. And, in addition, I got mired down in school work and didn't do any extra walking.

Still, I did lose one more pound. So that's another 4 sticks of butter to add to the image. Four pounds in all over two weeks.

This week I'm taking mom away for a 2 night trip to Lancaster PA for Mother's Day. So if I can lose anything at all, even half a pound, we'll call it a success. I'm going to try to be extra good between now and the time I leave to give me a little "wiggle room"

How's everyone else doing?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: