Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 07:30 AM   #2146
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by design_mom View Post
I agree. I hope any/all guilty parties are brought to justice, but it bothers me that so many are quick to think she must have been in on it without any evidence,

"Tipping off" Tamerlan to the fact that the police had released his photo doesn't necessarily mean she knowingly helped them avoid capture. The conversation could have gone something like:

Katherine: "Tamerlan, are you watching the news? The FBI just released pictures of the marathon bombing suspects. One of them looks a lot like you, but you weren't even at the marathon, right?"
Tamerlan (lying): "Of course not, honey. You know I was at home watching the baby."
K: "Good. That's what I thought. It must be someone else. See you when I get off work" (hangs up)
T (to Dzhokhar): "We've gotta get outta here!"

ETA: I do think she has some things to answer for, like "If the brothers went on the run while you were at work, and Tamerlane was supposed to be watching the baby, how did you know where to find the baby when you got off work? Did he tell you he was leaving?" etc.
She has lots of things to answer for. Last I heard she wouldn't talk to the FBI.
sunshinehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #2147
foreUT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway View Post
She has lots of things to answer for. Last I heard she wouldn't talk to the FBI.
Call me a skeptic, but I just don't understand how you can live in a very small apartment, even if you are gone 10 hours a day, and not see the evidence of bomb making. It is not like they only made one; they made at least three of the pressure-cooker bombs and several pipe bombs. If they weren't made in that apartment, then there has to be at least another party involved, imo.
foreUT is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #2148
momontheright
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreUT View Post
Call me a skeptic, but I just don't understand how you can live in a very small apartment, even if you are gone 10 hours a day, and not see the evidence of bomb making. It is not like they only made one; they made at least three of the pressure-cooker bombs and several pipe bombs. If they weren't made in that apartment, then there has to be at least another party involved, imo.
That is what I was thinking and didn't the little brother live in the dorm?
momontheright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:07 PM   #2149
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

FBI searches home of Tamerlan Tsarnaev's in-laws

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...naevs-in-laws/

Quote:
Katherine Tsarnaeva, Tsarnaev's widow, has been staying there. CBS News correspondent Bob Orr reports the FBI went the home to collect a DNA sample.

Sources tell Orr female DNA has been found on a fragment of one of the bombs used in the attack. The DNA could have come from a spectator in the crowd or a clerk who sold the bomb-making materials, but investigators say it's also possible it could have come from a female accomplice.

Tsarnaeva's lawyer said she was clueless about her husband's plans and the news "came as an absolute shock to them all." Since the Tsarnaevs were identified by the FBI as suspects, Tsarnaeva has not talked publicly.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:48 AM   #2150
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Just dropping in to read here. I see you are discussing the wife of the now dead bomber. She had to know something.

Now whether she was an accomplice remains to be seen. If she was working 70-80hrs a week he could do whatever he wanted and she would not be aware of anything really.

However if she did know "something" that makes her an accomplice.

Should be interesting as it unfolds.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:22 AM   #2151
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Just dropping in to read here. I see you are discussing the wife of the now dead bomber. She had to know something.
While she certainly MAY know something, I don't think she had to know something.

How many times does a wife get surprised to find her husband is cheating on her? Or has some other dark secret?

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:38 AM   #2152
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessDuck View Post
While she certainly MAY know something, I don't think she had to know something.

How many times does a wife get surprised to find her husband is cheating on her? Or has some other dark secret?
Or wives who find out their kind loving husbands are serial killers?
PaulaSB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:45 AM   #2153
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:

She may not have known about the bombing details however the time leading up to the bombing, her husband had to be "different" with planning the attack.

And a lot of the times a husband revealing a "deep dark secret" is a wife looking away for some reason and not exploring when things are "off" in the marriage. That is not a valid excuse to me.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:05 AM   #2154
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine

She may not have known about the bombing details however the time leading up to the bombing, her husband had to be "different" with planning the attack.

And a lot of the times a husband revealing a "deep dark secret" is a wife looking away for some reason and not exploring when things are "off" in the marriage. That is not a valid excuse to me.
That's a moral judgment, not a legal one.

In order for the wife to be charged with a crime she has to have been involved on some level. There has to be some sort of intentional conduct on her part.

I'd like to see what the investigation shows about her.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DISBoards
Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:13 AM   #2155
RadioNate
DIS Veteran

Quote:

as a wife, who's husband was cheating, in my experience you know that something is off...everyone I ever talked to about it or had it happened to them knew that something wasn't right.

Even if she wasn't a direct accomplice, I can't believe she didn't know something was "off."

I read an article that indicates they MAY HAVE gotten the bombs from someone else or picked them up from another location. I think it was on CNN's website.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:29 AM   #2156
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

He was making bombs in the apartment they shared. From the outside, it looks like a typical apartment you'd find in Massachusetts. It would be on the small side with probably 5 or 6 rooms. Even if he's totally controlling, she still must notice she's working like a dog and he's spending their money on fireworks and pressure cookers.

The lawyer said in a statement she hadn't seen her brother in law in a while (months I think). Now he was living at school but, the mechanic down the street from the apartment had seen plenty of him. The guy was on TV crying because he was working on a car he had dropped off and tried to pick it up early. He talked about the brothers coming in for repairs and to chit chat. The neighbors talked about seeing him in the neighborhood, the local pizza place talks about him coming in for pizza. They all saw him but she says she didn't.
sunshinehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:31 AM   #2157
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

CNN has been less than reliable lately.

But it will be a long time before we know all the details.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #2158
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei Lee View Post
That's a moral judgment, not a legal one.

In order for the wife to be charged with a crime she has to have been involved on some level. There has to be some sort of intentional conduct on her part.

I'd like to see what the investigation shows about her.

I am making a moral judgement about her.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #2159
FireDancer
DIS Veteran

I don't think she necessarily had enough knowledge to consider herself an accomplice but I find it hard to believe she didn't notice something was off even if she didn't know exactly what.

As a PP hit on with the cheating scenario, I think it is just as if not more often a case of denial than totally not knowing something was off. People seem to prefer lying to themselves to maintain the illusion of happiness than recognize the truth and face the problem whatever that problem is.

We will see. As with everything else I don't care about rushing to a conclusion either way. There will be an investigation and we will find out in time.
FireDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #2160
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine

I am making a moral judgement about her.
And you made it without knowing her side of the story.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: