Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #16
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

A rumor was going around a few weeks ago that they weren't releasing cancellations back into the system, because they were so far overbooked.
Whether that's true or not, I don't know, but I managed to get a late ADR for my trip last week around 70 days in advance, then nothing popped up between then and my trip, even though I checked pretty much every day. I thought about calling the line once we got there, but I didn't bother.

I expect that as the novelty wears off, people will stop caring so much. Our dinner there was ok (I was the only one who really liked their entree) but I doubt I'll be upset if I don't manage to get an ADR in the future.
The main reason I wanted the ADR was so I wouldn't get stuck waiting in line in the hot sun with my 2 year old for lunch. The next time around I may do so.

All that said...when I went in for my ADR at 9:05pm, the ballroom was maybe half full. I don't know if they reduced their staffing at that point, or maybe if people had walked up right around then they could have seated them, so if getting a look on the inside is your goal, then popping in around 9pm (I'm pretty sure they close at 10) might be to your benefit.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:05 AM   #17
WDW_Diane
Mouseketeer

Booked though July in match

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty57 View Post
I was hoping to try it on a specific night in May, but didn't plan ADRs way ahead. When I started to make ADRs, BoG had none available, so I kept checking online. A very late ADR popped up, but I didn't want it because I wanted to go to the dessert party that night. Kept looking, and a very early dinner ADR appeared, which I did take. This was only a couple of months ago, and we leave for our trip Wednesday. I would advise you to keep looking, and cancellations might turn up. If nothing opened up, I would have been fine with going for lunch instead.
When we were at BOG in March, the Castmember said that they were booked through July with no openings. We watched many people walk up and request tables, only to be turned away.
WDW_Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2013, 12:09 AM   #18
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

We tried for dinner reservations with no luck, so we waited for lunch the line was about 25 minutes and lunch was enjoyable - mostly for the atmosphere. Food was fine, but nothing to rave about. It is a place to see at least once. Quite lovely.

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:25 AM   #19
WDW_Diane
Mouseketeer

We took the only reservation we could get!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
We tried for dinner reservations with no luck, so we waited for lunch the line was about 25 minutes and lunch was enjoyable - mostly for the atmosphere. Food was fine, but nothing to rave about. It is a place to see at least once. Quite lovely.

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Our main goal was to see the new place. We had such a late reservation (8:30) that we planned to eat dinner elsewhere and then order only dessert and beverages at BOG, and that is what we did. In hindsight, we wished we had gone ahead and had dinner there too.
WDW_Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:54 AM   #20
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

We keep trying for get BOG reservations. We are trying to get one any day we are at WDW "just in case" we can't get our ideal date. So far, no luck even though we are willing to take absolutely anytime.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:09 AM   #21
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Got a BOG Reservation today for 26 October at 4:15pm. Far too early for actual dinner for us but we took it anyway. Will keep trying on different dates for a better time but couldn't pass up the opportunity. Today is 180 days out for 26 October.

Keep trying everyone.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Old 04-29-2013, 06:47 AM   #22
mdlove2cruise
Earning My Ears

Keep trying everyone. I booked my ADRs yesterday. I got BOG on Oct 31 for 8 of us at 6:20. I had other times available during the week as well I could have chosen. All available for 8 people. That was my first reservation exactly at 0600 on the website.
mdlove2cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:23 AM   #23
LMO429
DIS Veteran

This morning was my 180 day mark to make adrs. BOG was the first reservation I tried for an had no problems online getting a dinner reservation there. In fact as I was making other reservations there was availability at BOG as well. We are a party of 2 not sure if that helped our cause.

Good Luck everyone!!! I think if you book at the 180 day mark and its not a weekend maybe its easier?

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:37 AM   #24
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
This morning was my 180 day mark to make adrs. BOG was the first reservation I tried for an had no problems online getting a dinner reservation there. In fact as I was making other reservations there was availability at BOG as well. We are a party of 2 not sure if that helped our cause.

Good Luck everyone!!! I think if you book at the 180 day mark and its not a weekend maybe its easier?
We are a party of two and have been looking 180 days out for over a week but finally today we have our reservation for 2 people at 4:15pm. As I mentioned in the above post, it's a little early for us but we don't care. The current problem is that you're "competing"with countless people, some of whom have been able to book days before you (keeping in mind the 180+10 for people who are staying on site)

Old 04-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #25
elfling8
Mouseketeer

We enjoyed lunch there. We went at 11am and it was only about 15 minutes until we sat down. The touch screen process leaves a bit to be desired. We wanted to add a dessert as a snack credit and would have had to start all over again, so we just paid cash. We split two meals and two desserts between the 4 of us for a light lunch. The beef stew was good a filling - a bit salty. The cream puffs were really yummy. The hummus sandwich was quite good.

What we did for plans that morning was to hit fantasy land at rope drop. We had pretty much finished all of FL (did not do ETWB - kids weren't interested) and were heading over toward BTMM when I noticed the line was short so we stopped. Glad we did! Oh - predicted crowds for when we were there were 5/6

Me DH
DD10 DS8
elfling8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:52 AM   #26
benji2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilu86 View Post
I was just on disney website, looking at reservations. Im going the end of september to early october. My daugther REALLY wanted this restaurant, but I couldn't get res even 180 days out. BUT... when searching now i saw one availabiltit at 6:15!!! so I guess people do cancel. I booked it, but now after reading this im wondering if lunch is better. I figure this reservation is very hard to come by so im keeping this and my other reservation for cape may, as time gets closer i'll ask the family what theyd rather do...i don't want anyone dissapointed (especially if the restaurant tries to rush you out). Did anyone LOVE the dinner experience?
I loved our dinner experience in March! I haven't tried lunch yet but when we went a few weeks later in April we heard a CM telling people the wait was about an hour and a half at a about 12:30. I'd keep dinner!
benji2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:06 AM   #27
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
We are a party of two and have been looking 180 days out for over a week but finally today we have our reservation for 2 people at 4:15pm. As I mentioned in the above post, it's a little early for us but we don't care. The current problem is that you're "competing"with countless people, some of whom have been able to book days before you (keeping in mind the 180+10 for people who are staying on site)
Wow I guess I got lucky this morning..We got a 6:55pm and I put in the search that I wanted 7pm so I got exactly what I wanted.

I did however see plenty availability throughout the week online when I was booking. hopefully its a sign crowds will be low lol

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:33 AM   #28
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy31 View Post
Be our Guest is the hardest ADR to get right now!

I called at 7:00 am on our 180+10 day, & I only had a choice of two times for the date (9/23) I wanted - 4:55 or 8:30 pm. And 9/23 is the 10th night of our trip, so I was only "competing" for ADR times w/ other 180+10 people.

I took the 4:55 pm, but we prefer something a little bit later. So I keep checking to see if anything is available, & there's nothing!

We've never been, so I can't say how lunch compares to dinner. However, at lunch, you can choose to sit in any of the 3 dining rooms whereas, at dinner, they only seat guests in 2 of the dining rooms.

Wait times at lunch are lengthy, & I think the recommendations are to get there before it opens. (I've read that the line does move fast though...)

I think the lunch menu looks good (& I've read some good reviews); the desserts are the same for both lunch & dinner.

The Beast is only there for dinner, not lunch.

This is my plan for our trip too and I posed the question on here about if 180 plus ten includes check in day or not and wondering if you could help. When you booked for your tenth night was it including check in day or ten days plus your check in day?!
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #29
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
Wow I guess I got lucky this morning..We got a 6:55pm and I put in the search that I wanted 7pm so I got exactly what I wanted.

I did however see plenty availability throughout the week online when I was booking. hopefully its a sign crowds will be low lol
Here is hoping about low crowds. You get lucky with the 6:55pm reservation, we were willing to take any time we could get. If we get a better time on a different day, we might end up going twice. Beast is my favourite character and love the movie so much, I'm so excited.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:56 AM   #30
mjaclyn
Currently in Wonderland

I've been checking every day since the 180 +10 mark and still nothing. I really hope I can get something for Be Our Guest for our October trip! We have a group of 9 but I've been checking for tables of 4 and 5 as well because we don't mind splitting up.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: