Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #196
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

YUM! So glad I had breakfast already; but that food does look good and it is making me hungry again.

Great start to the cruise.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #197
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Weeds.

You like your mini corn dogs. I think I need to give them another try. They look good. Was the restaurant crowded? Is there always another buffet option on the cruises? I don't like the schlep-our-bags idea either.

Your bread is touching your schnitzel. That needs to be my new tag.

I'm glad you got all of your tastings scheduled. They sound fun!

I hope the swelling in Fran's feet was manageable. When did you get home? Are you exhausted?

Looks like an awesome start.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #198
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
YUM! So glad I had breakfast already; but that food does look good and it is making me hungry again.

Great start to the cruise.
Disney knows to start people off with a full stomach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Weeds.

You like your mini corn dogs. I think I need to give them another try. They look good. Was the restaurant crowded? Is there always another buffet option on the cruises? I don't like the schlep-our-bags idea either.

Your bread is touching your schnitzel. That needs to be my new tag.

I'm glad you got all of your tastings scheduled. They sound fun!

I hope the swelling in Fran's feet was manageable. When did you get home? Are you exhausted?

Looks like an awesome start.
I forgot I got those the other time too!

Parrot Cay wasn't crowded because they kept routing people upstairs, trying to entice them with four buffet lines. Really there are only two more upstairs and that's the one where you have to schlep your stuff. It always depends on the time of day of whether or not there is another buffet, sometimes there is, sometimes not, you have to consult the Navigator. Embarkation day there is always two places serving the same buffet, but the thing is at Parrot Cay they seat you first, then you go to the buffet. At Topsiders, Beach Blanket Buffet you get your food and then look for a table.

Non gooey things can touch.

We got home around noon today. Yes, I am exhausted!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:48 PM   #199
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Disney knows to start people off with a full stomach!

I forgot I got those the other time too!

Parrot Cay wasn't crowded because they kept routing people upstairs, trying to entice them with four buffet lines. Really there are only two more upstairs and that's the one where you have to schlep your stuff. It always depends on the time of day of whether or not there is another buffet, sometimes there is, sometimes not, you have to consult the Navigator. Embarkation day there is always two places serving the same buffet, but the thing is at Parrot Cay they seat you first, then you go to the buffet. At Topsiders, Beach Blanket Buffet you get your food and then look for a table.

Non gooey things can touch.

We got home around noon today. Yes, I am exhausted!

You just got home today? Hope you get some sleep. I always get a post vacation no sleep buzz. It's that exhausted past exhausted feeling.

I hope our cruise offers a no schlepping option.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:30 AM   #200
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

I'm glad you were able to get all your tastings booked, I was worried the chocolate one would have sold out, I've heard they are very popular.

Lunch looked delicious, I love that mac & cheese

Welcome home, I hope you were able to get some good sleep!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #201
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
You just got home today? Hope you get some sleep. I always get a post vacation no sleep buzz. It's that exhausted past exhausted feeling.

I hope our cruise offers a no schlepping option.
All you have to do is make sure that you board early enough that they are still seating in Parrot Cay. When they try to entice you to go up to Beach Blanket Buffet with "more buffet stations, outside seating", just stand your ground and say you'd rather wait for Parrot Cay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I'm glad you were able to get all your tastings booked, I was worried the chocolate one would have sold out, I've heard they are very popular.

Lunch looked delicious, I love that mac & cheese

Welcome home, I hope you were able to get some good sleep!
The story isn't over yet, the mac & cheese and mini corn dogs are my favorite part!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
Old 04-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #202
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Yummy Pics of buffet.....

Thanks for the reminder that I need to stop eating for the next 3 weeks, so that I can be sitting at that first lunch and enjoy the schnitzel and other goodies.

I will be on The Wonder repo LA to Vancouver.

Keep your pics coming.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #203
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post
Yummy Pics of buffet.....

Thanks for the reminder that I need to stop eating for the next 3 weeks, so that I can be sitting at that first lunch and enjoy the schnitzel and other goodies.

I will be on The Wonder repo LA to Vancouver.

Keep your pics coming.
That sounds like a great cruise, Corinna will be on that one too!

Yeah, I just got on the scale this morning. I had about 6 extra pounds from my WDW trip and now I have another 9 more.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #204
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
That sounds like a great cruise, Corinna will be on that one too!

Yeah, I just got on the scale this morning. I had about 6 extra pounds from my WDW trip and now I have another 9 more.
Oh Yes, I know all about that.....

My Son in law holds the record in our family.
13 pounds in 7 days on The Magic last January.
I fear my hubby will surpass him on this one coming.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #205
franandaj

This cruise we also opted for a Handicapped Accessible room, but not on the Concierge level. We had room 7136 which was one floor below our room on the last cruise, however, the room above that we had last cruise, covered two H/A rooms, ours (7136) and the room next door (7138). I learned that of the H/A rooms that 7136 and 7536 are the larger rooms with the better verandahs. I will request these rooms on the Wonder and Magic in the future!

Here is the view just entering the cabin.

And looking to the left towards the restroom.

From the restroom door looking at the bed.

Same place, looking at the couch.

This would be my storage cabinet for the week.

Looking at the room from my side of the bed.

Looking out our Verandah to the left.

Some views of the port.

And the Verandah to the right.

Back in the cabin, here is our restroom.

[Continued in Next Post]
Old 04-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #206
franandaj

[Continued from Previous Post]

Our Castaway Club Gift. These backpacks come in very handy since we bring the biggest one we can find for maximum carry on capacity on the plane. This is a nice size for excursions and moving about the ship.

Our dining cards, I was really happy about the dining rotation. I love being at Lumiere’s/Triton’s for Formal and Semi Formal nights. Also we would have been in Parrot Cay for Pirate Night, but instead we were going to Palo. Our character breakfast worked out to be the last day, and I already had a reservation for Palo. No biggie, we can always go out to DL for a character meal. How often can I eat at Palo?

Our excursion tickets were also waiting for us. Yay! This is the first time since our Disney Cruise back in 2001 that we have been on an excursion!

And even more yay! $100 in onboard credit for booking this cruise on our last one!

We carried on all our beverages, but our luggage finally arrived and I put away all our snacks we had bought at Walmart. (turns out, we never ate any of the Whoppers, Junior Mints, or Milk Duds!)

And a nicely stocked Beverage Cooler.

We found this in our luggage as I unpacked.

I prepared for my own little “sail away party”!

We began to move out of the Harbor.

Looking backwards, Goodbye Galveston!

These were the little boats guiding us out of the harbor.

And with that we headed out onto the open seas. What do we do next? So many choices!
Old 04-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #207
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Whoa nelly! Look at that gorgeous verandah!!!

And I see some gorgeous diet Mountain Dews stock piled

Very nice room, were you at any point disappointed you didn't do concierge again?

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #208
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

That there is plenty of seating at Topsiders/ Beach Blanket Buffet on embarkation day is a blatant lie. We only ended up at Beach Blanket Buffet on embarkation day once and that was during our Mexican Riviera cruise in 2011. We were juggling our carry ons and the trays and ended up sitting half way between the Mickey and Goofy pool as those were the only tables available.

Your hot plate looks very much like mine would have looked with the exception that some of my foods would have been touching. I am glad that you got your tastings booked. I have to say I am always decidedly underwhelmed by the desserts on DCL. The exception are the desserts in Palo and the Grand Marnier Souffle at Lumiere's/ Triton's.

That prohibited item claims receipt, was this for the iron?

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #209
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

The food looked wonderful and what a nice cabin.....

So what was taken out of your luggage?

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #210
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Wonderful cabin. That verandah looks amazing!

Yes....what was "prohibited"?

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: