Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
sare
Earning My Ears

Does anyone want to help with planning out my ADRs?

Hey everyone. Im working on planning my Disneymoon ADR's and I would love some input. Our dates are Oct 7-13. We fly in at lunch time on Monday the 7th and leave early the 13th. So here's what you need to know:

This is my 23rd visit but DF's 2nd.

We got engaged last year at Cali Grill and would like to go back again.
Here is where else we went last year that we would rather leave out and do new things: Kouzzina, 50's PT, San Angel Inn, Corel Reef, and Liberty Tree. We would consider LT again for Canadian Thanksgiving, however def open to another choice.

We haven't decided yet if we are going to do the Halloween party again this year because we are on a budget.

We are 90% sure we are going dining plan.

We are not vegetarians and have no food issues and no kids. We love the Food and Wine Festival and will probably spend an evening there (we do the food in the afternoon and prob eat a TS. Wine in the evening).

I would really like to do a nice breakfast which we didn't do last year. And I would like to do Chefs De France. We are not interested in Le Cellier. BOG is fully booked.
We have hopper passes.

So our planned park schedule is the following… the only thing I am firm on is MK for our first full day (Im all about rope drop on my first morning). The rest of the park days are loosely based on EMH.

Monday the 7th - Magic Kingdom afternoon
Tuesday the 8th - MK
Wednesday the 9th - Epcot
Thursday the 10th - MGM
Friday the 11th - Animal Kingdom
Saturday the 12th - MK/Epcot

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can make. Our dining is our fav part of our trip and probably what we put the most effort into. Dissers are awesome!
sare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Monday the 7th - Magic Kingdom afternoon
I am not a quick service kind of girl...we are trying BOG for lunch and have an ADR for dinner there...how about Wave at the Contempory before you get to park?

Tuesday the 8th - MK
Crystal Palace for breakfast...if this is not an EMH-AM try to get an ADR for 8-8:30...they let you in early and you get to see an empty (or near empty) mainstreet...love the poohs puffed french toast and breakfast laszna (think pancakes, berries, french toast, all that yummy in layers)

Wednesday the 9th - Epcot
You said your are doing F&W...after last year trying to snack around the world and do a TS ADR...I advise against it...too much food to enjoy no need for ADR...but if you insist...we loved Via Napoli and I am a sucker for Rose & Crown at 8:00 pm so I can have a private viewing area for Illuminations...and the food is good too!

Thursday the 10th - MGM
Have eaten at both Sci Fi and Primetime...either is a fun place and good food.

Friday the 11th - Animal Kingdom
Yak & Yeti...my family loved it and the fried wanton dessert is wonderful...dh loved the ribs...I loved the lettace wrap

Hop over to Boma in AKL...get to check out the resort, I have not eaten here but am on this trip...everyone that I am traveling with has and they LOVE IT

Saturday the 12th - MK/Epcot

Other Places-
Love Ohana for dinner...
Kona Cafe for breakfast...tonga toast
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #3
sare
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the suggestions!! As for food and wine, we really dont eat too much. We use our snack credits and we only get a few things each and share. We like to do a late dinner and I think this time I want to check out France. I went there once years ago and absolutely loved it. The ADR puzzle is super super tricky.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
sare
Earning My Ears

Ok question. My absolute fave character is Mary Poppins. I see that I can do character breakfast with her at 1900 PF. What do you think about this? Im not big on buffet but it's so hard for me to say no to Mary.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #5
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sare
Ok question. My absolute fave character is Mary Poppins. I see that I can do character breakfast with her at 1900 PF. What do you think about this? Im not big on buffet but it's so hard for me to say no to Mary.
We did this breakfast our last visit. I enjoyed it. Lots of offerings as well as a cook to order omelette station. I'm crazy about Mary, too!
Old 04-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #6
sare
Earning My Ears

Does Mary do dinner there as well? I might be better off using a TS credit for supper rather than breakfast. But OMG I just saw they have lobster benedict.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:19 PM   #7
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

The lobster eggs bendict is awesome, so is the strawberry soup and bread pudding...
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #8
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sare View Post
Does Mary do dinner there as well? I might be better off using a TS credit for supper rather than breakfast. But OMG I just saw they have lobster benedict.
No she is not there at dinner, only breakfast.

Dinner is Cinderella, Prince Charming,Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #9
sare
Earning My Ears

We've also just decided to do hoop dee do revue. I absolutely love this show and DF has not seen it. Seething totally different then our last trip. Not sure which night to do it yet but going to choose the late show so we have a chance at cat 1 seating.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: