DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
ZebraDomeCrazy
Well behaved women rarely make history

DVC and DDP ????

Hi all. We are new to DVC and I have question, I hope I don't get flamed for asking. Here goes; Two of us are traveling, we both have annual Passes. May I book our resort in my name only, get Dining Plan for myself only... and (wait for it) share the meals on the plan? We usually get the regular dining plan and it seems like too much food for us, but QS doesn't appeal to us at all. If we could purchase DDP for only a portion of our stay it would be better, but they don't allow that - so that's where I thought it could work best if only I get it and we share the credits. Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jane

CBR - 1X, All Stars - 4X, AKL - 9X, POR - 3X, FQ - 1X
BWI - 1X, Poly - 1X, CSR - 2X WL - 1X, Kidani - 5X

ZebraDomeCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #2
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

DDP policy is no sharing.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 06:36 PM   #3
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Servers will only allow you to use the amount of credits at each meal that equals the number of people on the plan. So your card will show 1 adult, they will only allow you to use 1 adult's worth of credits at that meal. That is how they enforce no sharing. It's my understanding that the servers are very diligent on that.

DDP is not really a deal, I would pay cash or get a TiW card if you can make those numbers make sense for you.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

The person not on the reservation will not be able to use ME or go to EMH and will not have a KTTW card.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #5
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebraDomeCrazy View Post
Hi all. We are new to DVC and I have question, I hope I don't get flamed for asking. Here goes; Two of us are traveling, we both have annual Passes. May I book our resort in my name only, get Dining Plan for myself only... and (wait for it) share the meals on the plan? We usually get the regular dining plan and it seems like too much food for us, but QS doesn't appeal to us at all. If we could purchase DDP for only a portion of our stay it would be better, but they don't allow that - so that's where I thought it could work best if only I get it and we share the credits. Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jane
The rule
Old 04-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #6
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Since you are a DVC member, as well as a Passholder, purchase the Tables In Wonderland Dining Discount Card for $100 and it is valid for up to ten people at just about every sit-down restaurant and some quick service on WDW. When you buy it, it is valid for the remainder of the month of purchase plus 13 full months.

Here is a working example, using $100.00 as the original bill to make the math show up easily. Note this is for Table Service. At Counter Service there is no gratuity added.

100.00 - Original Menu Amount
*20.00 - Discount
*80.00 - Subtotal
*18.00 - Gratuity Added based on $100
**5.20 - Sales Tax on $80
103.20 - Final amount charged, takes into consideration discount, gratuity and tax.

Without TiW Discount (and still figuring 18% Gratuity)

*18.00 - Gratuity
**6.50 - Sales Tax on $100
124.50 - Total

$21.30 - Savings using TiW Card.

(Note - At Victoria and Albert's the added gratuity is 20% instead of 18%.)
* Ignore the asterisks; they are there only so the columns/numbers line up properly.

For the complete list of locations and the rules, go to www.tablesinwonderland.com which is the Official Disney site.

Based on the current pricing, the following is the break-even point for menu pricing (assuming you will routinely give an 18% tip):
AP Holder or DVC Member ($100) is $469.48
Resident (not AP holder) ($125) is $586.85
Both of the above take into consideration that the Sales Tax is also discounted.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:23 AM   #7
MissyMouse80
Earning My Ears

I purchased the Tiw card on my last trip. There were two of us adults traveling for 3 days. We ate 4 table service restaurants, 2 quick service restaurants and spent about $50 on food at the flower and garden festival. After totaling everything we saved money. Plus if wanted an appetizer and not a dessert we were able to do so. I also like the fact alcohol is also included in the discount. Just an FYI we took this trip to try out new restaurants.
Old Key West - 05/11 Animal Kingdom Lodge 11/11 Coronado Springs - 11/11
Corondado Springs -03/12 Fantasy Cruise - 03/12 Beach Club 12/12 Port Orleans French Quarter - 12/12
Bay Lake Tower 4/13 Vero Beach 5/13 Wilderness Lodge 5/13 Grand Californian 7/13 Boardwalk 10/13 Animal Kingdom Lodge 10/13, Grand Floridian 12/13
Allstar Sports 2/14 Disney Magic 2/14 Animal Kingdom Kidani Village 2/14 Paradise Pier 11/14 Coronado Springs 11/14
Port Orleans French Quarter 2/15 Disney Dream 2/15 Beach Club 3/15
MissyMouse80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #8
ZebraDomeCrazy
Well behaved women rarely make history

Thank you all for your quick responses! I am not trying to get over on anything, I promise. We just want to be the most efficient we can be with dining. We will check out TIW... I assume that is a benfit of having annual Passes, or is it a DVC perk? Jane

CBR - 1X, All Stars - 4X, AKL - 9X, POR - 3X, FQ - 1X
BWI - 1X, Poly - 1X, CSR - 2X WL - 1X, Kidani - 5X

ZebraDomeCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #9
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebraDomeCrazy View Post
Thank you all for your quick responses! I am not trying to get over on anything, I promise. We just want to be the most efficient we can be with dining. We will check out TIW... I assume that is a benfit of having annual Passes, or is it a DVC perk? Jane
Both AP holders and DVC owners (and Fl residents) can purchase TiW.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #10
kristenrice
DIS Veteran

In 2011, DSiL and I went to WDW and did a split-stay...2 nights at BLT (studio) and 3 nights at BWV (1BR). We added th DxDDP to the BLT portion of our stay which gave us a total of 12 meal credits. On our arrival night, we ate at Kona Cafe and asked the server if we were required to order 2 meals since we were both on the dining plan. After getting an odd look, we explained that we wanted to order one appetizer, one entree, one dessert and one beverage, thereby using only one meal credit. The server said that was no problem. We shared the crab cakes appetizer (one for each of us), split the teriyaki strip steak (fortunately, we both like it medium-rare!), and the Kiluea torte for dessert. I had a soda since DSiL drinks water anyways and it worked out fine. So, from my experience, sharing was allowed, but I am sure it is because we were BOTH on the plan anyways. We had an odd credit hanging around so we used it at the Contempo Cafe and shared a flatbread and dessert.

2001 OKW 2002 WL for HONEYMOON!January 2008 POP/OKW October 2008 AKV GIRLS ONLY! June 2009 AKV October 2009 POP with my BFF for my Birthday April 2010 AKV April 2011 HHI Oct 2011 BLT/BWV with DSiL June 2012 GRAND GATHERING at OKW April 2013 HHI November 2013 AKV *1st Half-Marathon*Oct 2014 Surprising the Nieces at AKV May 2015 AKV Expedition Everest Challenge
kristenrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:37 PM   #11
momto3pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenrice View Post
In 2011, DSiL and I went to WDW and did a split-stay...2 nights at BLT (studio) and 3 nights at BWV (1BR). We added th DxDDP to the BLT portion of our stay which gave us a total of 12 meal credits. On our arrival night, we ate at Kona Cafe and asked the server if we were required to order 2 meals since we were both on the dining plan. After getting an odd look, we explained that we wanted to order one appetizer, one entree, one dessert and one beverage, thereby using only one meal credit. The server said that was no problem. We shared the crab cakes appetizer (one for each of us), split the teriyaki strip steak (fortunately, we both like it medium-rare!), and the Kiluea torte for dessert. I had a soda since DSiL drinks water anyways and it worked out fine. So, from my experience, sharing was allowed, but I am sure it is because we were BOTH on the plan anyways. We had an odd credit hanging around so we used it at the Contempo Cafe and shared a flatbread and dessert.
You are allowed to share meals but not credits. In other words, you cannot pay for meals with your credits for people that are not on the DDP. Your card will state how many people are on the reservation and how many credits you are allowed.
2005-Port Orleans Riverside
2006-summer-All Star Sports,Thanksgiving-AS Music
2007-Adults only anniversary trip-AKL
2008- summer PoP
2009-summer-AKV,MNSSHP-SSR
2010-summer at BLT,Thanksgiving at POP
2011-summer at BLT, Thanksgiving at GCH
2012-summer DLH, Thanksgiving-AKL-Jambo
2013-summer VGC, Thanksgiving-US/IOA
2014-summer VGC, Thanksgiving-AKL
momto3pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #12
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenrice View Post
But if you only had the dining plan and your SIL did not, you could not purchase her a meal using your credits because your card would only like 1A on it.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #13
kristenrice
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post

But if you only had the dining plan and your SIL did not, you could not purchase her a meal using your credits because your card would only like 1A on it.
Correct. My point was simply that sharing *is* allowed, but only if the sharing parties are both on the same dining plan.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2001 OKW 2002 WL for HONEYMOON!January 2008 POP/OKW October 2008 AKV GIRLS ONLY! June 2009 AKV October 2009 POP with my BFF for my Birthday April 2010 AKV April 2011 HHI Oct 2011 BLT/BWV with DSiL June 2012 GRAND GATHERING at OKW April 2013 HHI November 2013 AKV *1st Half-Marathon*Oct 2014 Surprising the Nieces at AKV May 2015 AKV Expedition Everest Challenge
kristenrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:47 AM   #14
melindaPR
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
Since you are a DVC member, as well as a Passholder, purchase the Tables In Wonderland Dining Discount Card for $100 and it is valid for up to ten people at just about every sit-down restaurant and some quick service on WDW. When you buy it, it is valid for the remainder of the month of purchase plus 13 full months.

Here is a working example, using $100.00 as the original bill to make the math show up easily. Note this is for Table Service. At Counter Service there is no gratuity added.

*20.00 - Discount
*80.00 - Subtotal
*18.00 - Gratuity Added based on $100
**5.20 - Sales Tax on $80
103.20 - Final amount charged, takes into consideration discount, gratuity and tax.

Without TiW Discount (and still figuring 18% Gratuity)

*18.00 - Gratuity
**6.50 - Sales Tax on $100
124.50 - Total

$21.30 - Savings using TiW Card.

(Note - At Victoria and Albert's the added gratuity is 20% instead of 18%.)
* Ignore the asterisks; they are there only so the columns/numbers line up properly.

For the complete list of locations and the rules, go to www.tablesinwonderland.com which is the Official Disney site.

Based on the current pricing, the following is the break-even point for menu pricing (assuming you will routinely give an 18% tip):
AP Holder or DVC Member ($100) is $469.48
Resident (not AP holder) ($125) is $586.85
Both of the above take into consideration that the Sales Tax is also discounted.
Thx for the quick analysis!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: