Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
Cshel85
Mouseketeer

If you were going to split your stay in hotels which would you do

We have added a couple days to our Trip at BWI, now thinking maybe we should split our stay, but can't pick where else to stay, thoughts..we have stayed at POR, WL, Swan..

This is an adults only trip

May 1999 Swan
August 2000 Port Orleans Riverside
July 2012 Wilderness Lodge Club Level
May 2013 Boardwalk Inn
July 2014 Boardwalk Villas

Cshel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

I would do CSR or POR and AKL.

I really love POR but want to try CSR again and if I knew I'd only have a few days at a resort I wasn't sure about, that would be the perfect time for me to try it.

And AKL because I really enjoyed it there. I want to take one of the safari's that you can only do if you stay at AKL. And I can no longer afford to stay there for a full trip so splitting my stay with a cheaper resort would work great.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
chasgoose
Mouseketeer

It's a pretty broad question, but if I were splitting resorts, it would be with AKL. I can never bring myself to stay there for the entire trip due to its location, but I would love to try it for a couple nights.
chasgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:47 PM   #4
dansamy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasgoose
It's a pretty broad question, but if I were splitting resorts, it would be with AKL. I can never bring myself to stay there for the entire trip due to its location, but I would love to try it for a couple nights.
Try it! Book it for your arrival or departure night. I promise you it's one of Disney's best kept secrets (for real). I know they did the DVC there because it wasn't a popular cash booking deluxe due to its perceived "remoteness". That's exactly why it's a great resort. You really could forget about the outside world staying there!
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:21 PM   #5
Sue M
DIS Veteran

I would choose an MK resort, depending on your budget, either WL, CR, GF or Poly.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #6
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cshel85 View Post
We have added a couple days to our Trip at BWI, now thinking maybe we should split our stay, but can't pick where else to stay, thoughts..we have stayed at POR, WL, Swan..

This is an adults only trip
Poly or GF.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #7
CTH3
Mouseketeer

As it happens we leave tomorrow morning for our first split stay trip, two adults.

We chose the BWI for the first half and the CR for the second half, and the reason was simple. For the first half of our trip we'll be able to walk to both Epcot and HS. For the second half we'll be able to walk to the MK. AK is the only park for which we'll have to fuss with transportation.

Okay, off to bed. Up at the crack of dawn tomorrow.
CTH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #8
benji2012
Mouseketeer

I currently planning a trip in the distant future with a split stay, though I am probably going with three resorts. I concur with others though; AKL would be my choice paired with Boardwalk; followed by the Poly or WL. I'd want to stay at a completely different part of WDW and these all fit the bill for me.
benji2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:12 PM   #9
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Since you are already at an Epcot resort...

1) I'd pick a MK resort for ease of transportation (WL, GF, Poly, CR) -- whichever one's theming and pricing appeals to you the most

2) I'd pick AKL because I think it's just an amazing place and I like to spend time watching the animals, and it has fantastic restaurants.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: