Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #31
LisainCalifornia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenJade View Post
Transporting alcohol across state lines where I live is very, very, very illegal. (I think that's mostly to bringing it INTO the state but I don't want to find out there's some stupid law about going out of the state the hard way.) I'm not going to have a car to shop at a local store while I'm at DLR either.
My dad is in law enforcement, so this is something I asked him about (also, google is my friend!)--there is nothing illegal about bringing sealed bottles of wine (or any other alcohol) over state lines as long as it is for personal consumption (so not massive quanities!) and out of reach of the driver. I usually fly and just have a bottle of wine packed in my luggage or a few single serve plastic bottles. I'll admit I am in California already, so no crossing of state lines, but even if I was flying to Disney World, I don't think it would be a problem.

I live near the wine country and people buy bottles of wine here all the time and take it home with them from vacation. I don't know what law you are talking about that would present a problem with this.
LisainCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #32
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainCalifornia View Post
My dad is in law enforcement, so this is something I asked him about (also, google is my friend!)--there is nothing illegal about bringing sealed bottles of wine (or any other alcohol) over state lines as long as it is for personal consumption (so not massive quanities!) and out of reach of the driver. I usually fly and just have a bottle of wine packed in my luggage or a few single serve plastic bottles. I'll admit I am in California already, so no crossing of state lines, but even if I was flying to Disney World, I don't think it would be a problem.

I live near the wine country and people buy bottles of wine here all the time and take it home with them from vacation. I don't know what law you are talking about that would present a problem with this.
The OP is specifically referring to transporting liquor across state lines into Utah, which IS illegal per Utah state law.

ETA: More info if you're interested: http://publicsafety.utah.gov/investi...AQ.html#import
sonnyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #33
LisainCalifornia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyjane View Post
The OP is specifically referring to transporting liquor across state lines into Utah, which IS illegal per Utah state law.

ETA: More info if you're interested: http://publicsafety.utah.gov/investi...AQ.html#import
Yes, but Disneyland is not in Utah, right? Am I missing something?
LisainCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:48 PM   #34
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, but Disneyland is not in Utah, right? Am I missing something?
I thought people were suggesting she bring wine in the vehicle.

ETA: I went back and read the whole thread and a poster was saying she should bring the alcohol with her FROM Utah into CA. The OP expressed that she knew there was a law that prohibited bringing liquor across the border INTO Utah but she was afraid about leaving also. According to those websites, I don't see anything against that.

Last edited by sonnyjane; 04-26-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:26 AM   #35
aliceindisneyland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyjane

JalenJade IS the OP
Haha! I thought we concluded she was from Tucson!? Apparently I have committed many crimes transporting alcohol between hotel rooms from CA to AZ and back again! I really don't think it's a crime as I cannot find it with the all powerful Google
Keeping track just for me: 7/7/14-15 APs days at DL: 4
aliceindisneyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:45 AM   #36
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

Can anyone recommend a drink they've had with grand mariner? Why they don't sell those insanely great Grand Marnier Orange Slush from WDW, in Epcot, I'll never know. Now that is a great drink. There's a reason the kiosk always has a line!

I had a great drink at the Hearthstone Lounge last year. I think it was the Ultimate Long Island Ice Tea. I'm a huge fan of Long Island and this was one was great - not too much coke or sweet n sour. To avoid the sugar I would ask for no sweet n sour and for them to use lime/lemon combo. Just one is all you need!
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:46 AM   #37
JalenJade
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliceindisneyland View Post
Haha! I thought we concluded she was from Tucson!? Apparently I have committed many crimes transporting alcohol between hotel rooms from CA to AZ and back again! I really don't think it's a crime as I cannot find it with the all powerful Google
Nope, I'm from Salt Lake City, Utah
JalenJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:17 AM   #38
larina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenJade

Nope, I'm from Salt Lake City, Utah
And you're not a "she"
larina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #39
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larina View Post

And you're not a "she"
Ha! Oops I can see that now lol!
Old 04-27-2013, 09:50 AM   #40
aliceindisneyland
DIS Veteran

Oh my, so sorry! I think I got this mixed up with another alcohol thread! But this one is very fun!
Keeping track just for me: 7/7/14-15 APs days at DL: 4
aliceindisneyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #41
gcatt
Can you stand on your head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleysweety
Can anyone recommend a drink they've had with grand mariner?
Well, there was that wonderful night the mariner and I enjoyed at the GCH bar, but I promised not to tell. . .

And the mome raths outgrabe.
gcatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #42
Congo Queen
DLand Devotee Since 1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcatt View Post
Well, there was that wonderful night the mariner and I enjoyed at the GCH bar, but I promised not to tell. . .

Oh gcatt you are so droll. That post was good for a giggle. Re Grand Marnier the liqueur, I think it is best when imbibed fairly simply. I like it straight up or on the rocks or as a Grand Marnier/tonic or as liqueur added to coffee.
Congo Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #43
Flynn_Rider
Beware of the Smolder

Gotta agree with whomever said Napa Rose, best cocktails on property. Last Word is a great drink, but the bartenders will wow you more than you think. Give them persmission to make whatever. The Bum's Rush is not on the menu, but you'll be asking for a 2nd.

Also, the tequilla daisy at Carthay is superb.

Lastly, Trader Sam's as everyone has basically said, is a great spot.
Flynn_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:01 PM   #44
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My dad is in law enforcement, so this is something I asked him about (also, google is my friend!)--there is nothing illegal about bringing sealed bottles of wine (or any other alcohol) over state lines as long as it is for personal consumption (so not massive quanities!) and out of reach of the driver. <<snip>>
...like if it's within arms-length the driver might be SO tempted to break it open at a stoplight.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:12 AM   #45
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyjane View Post

I heard that technically it's a violation of tax laws, although there doesn't seem to be any means to pay taxes. Everything is taxed through the state as the only legal importer of alcoholic beverages into the state.

There are only a few means for the average citizen to bring alcohol into Utah without violating those laws. There's the federal limit of duty free alcohol brought directly into Utah from a foreign trip. Clearing customs in Los Angeles and then transiting to Utah doesn't count. Then there's inheriting alcoholic beverages, although I hear that requires state approval.

That doesn't mean it doesn't happen. i've heard of certain federal employees in Utah who regularly brought in beer from across state lines. They were subject to their own federal law enforcement when they got back to their posts, and let's just say they weren't terribly interested in enforcing Utah's laws on importing alcohol.
bcla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: