DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
Mom B
DIS Veteran

Experience Conference/Night of Joy

Any DVCers attending? I have my ressies at BLT for that week but haven't taken the plunge yet and completed registration for the conference. Never having attended anything like this before I'm a little intimidated. Although DH will be traveling with me, I would probably attend the workshops alone while he finds other ways at WDW to fill most of his time. As a humble little small church musician/worship team member with mediocre skills, am I going to feel out of place? Is it worth the expense? Thanks for any thoughts!
PO 11/92, WL 10/97, OKW/VB 1/99, ASMo/OKW/Royal Mansions 10/02, BWV 1/04, SSR/BWV 1/06, OKW/VB 1/07, SSR 1/09, VB/AKV/SSR 1/10, VB/OKW 1/11, VB/AKV 1/12, VB/First Members Cruise on the Disney Dream/AKV 1/13, BLT 9/13, 40th Anniversary OKW 1/14, VB/AKV/VB Family Reunion Trip 10/14 - The best is yet to come!

10/2004 DVC members Vero Beach 5/2008 DVC members Old Key West 1/09 DVC members Animal Kingdom Kidani
Mom B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:32 AM   #2
Duke&Tree
Mouseketeer

I won't be there at all, but I would love to get to Night of Joy sometime! Maybe someday I'm sure you'd get lots of great info and interaction at the conference. I say go for it!!

Trips together:2000 PopMu 2004 Dolphin DONE and FABULOUS!: Dec 2009 (no kids!) combo DH bday and 9th anniversary at CSR! Duke surprised Tree with another anniversary trip in January 2011 at SSR! Finally brought the kids 2011 with the kids in style: Club Level at AKL! Adults-only AoA/BWV Jan 2013 was a success! Awesome extended family trip with kids Dec 2013 at AKL! Adults-only Hilton Bonnet Creek/CSR planned for November 2014!

We drank the DVC koolaid....owners at AKL!!

DD Monkey (9) DD Goose (6)
Duke&Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
mommy4allkids
Earning My Ears

Go & be blessed!

I agree that this is a wonderful (possibly "once in a life-time") opportunity; Go for it!!!
I've only attended both Nights Of Joy once in 2011 with my DH & DS. Although I probably will never have the opportunity to go ever again, I dream of it often. God bless!

mommy4allkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #4
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

From the couple of times I went I will share my experience please take it with a grain of salt because it will be different than yours .
I've never taken any workshops so I can't tell you anything about that.

The music is A-MAY-ZING. The headliners were always fun but I find that the littler side concerts are a little more personal for me.

The crowds are a bit overwhelming ... There are tons and I mean TONS of kids. And you would assume they would all behave because of what the event represents but expect the unexpected.

There are rides open during the concerts and in between the headliners usually the lines can get long. But when the stage in front of the castle starts going the line is manageable. Although I didn't really go there for the rides so I went on only a handful.

Is it worth it?
If you've never been I would go once and see for your self

Enjoy!
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #5
Wcpedorc
Mouseketeer

I will be at CSR for the youth leader experience, my wife will be heading down on Thursday morning. I have never attended this conference but have been to some of the big ones, youth ministry wise, and the sessions are usually great, but the networking is as good or better. I am also from a small church and you can find other small church folks there. We are the ones without the expense accounts eating pb&j, lol. I am really looking forward to night of joy, we need to go home Saturday for Sunday church, but hopefully Friday will be great.
Wcpedorc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #6
N365PA
First rule of the bayou: never take directions from a gator.

Ive been twice with my dads church from Ft Myers (we flew in from Texas). Great event. Instead of hearing disney music piped in everywhere its CCM. A pretty cool experience and I would say worth the experience once.

Clint
June 29-July 10: Copenhagen-Dover Disney Magic

N365PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #7
emamasa
Earning My Ears

I am going to the conference and both nights of NoJ - 1st time for this conference and Night of Joy for me! I would love to try to meet up with anyone! I am staying at Coronado, fly in Tuesday and fly home Sunday. I rebooked so I would get free dining and am eating solo that week - 1st time for a solo trip to WDW for me (though I was solo at DL for a day last year).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: