Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #19
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

A rumor was going around a few weeks ago that they weren't releasing cancellations back into the system, because they were so far overbooked.
Whether that's true or not, I don't know, but I managed to get a late ADR for my trip last week around 70 days in advance, then nothing popped up between then and my trip, even though I checked pretty much every day. I thought about calling the line once we got there, but I didn't bother.

I expect that as the novelty wears off, people will stop caring so much. Our dinner there was ok (I was the only one who really liked their entree) but I doubt I'll be upset if I don't manage to get an ADR in the future.
The main reason I wanted the ADR was so I wouldn't get stuck waiting in line in the hot sun with my 2 year old for lunch. The next time around I may do so.

All that said...when I went in for my ADR at 9:05pm, the ballroom was maybe half full. I don't know if they reduced their staffing at that point, or maybe if people had walked up right around then they could have seated them, so if getting a look on the inside is your goal, then popping in around 9pm (I'm pretty sure they close at 10) might be to your benefit.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: