Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 12:16 AM   #1
serino4disney
Mouseketeer

On site car rental?

Has anyone ever rented a car on site at WDW?

We are going to be there for 2 weeks and want to include US/IoA into our trip. But since our hearts belong to Disney we are staying on site the entire time.

Now just trying to decide if we should take a taxi or rent a car for the days we'll be heading out. I'll be with DH and DD3. (So carseat advice is needed also)

Any suggestions/experience?

serino4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #2
msmama
DIS Veteran

YES AND IT WAS AWESOMELY EASY!!

Ok, now that I've calmed down, I rented from Alamo at the Car Care Center. Called the night before to schedule a pickup from POFQ. They showed up in a shuttle bus, drove me to the Car Care Center, took me 5 minutes to do the paperwork and get the car (maybe slightly longer to adjust the car for my short legs) and then I drove back to POFQ to pick up the rest of the family (there was another whole family on the shuttle bus if you chose to go that way but I gave my family more time to sleep/get ready). I also took my own carseat (well, my son is in a booster). I pack it in it's box and original packaging, put it in a carseat bag and check in on the plane.

We went to Legoland for the day.

Drove back to the Car Care Center (there is a HESS RIGHT THERE to fill up the tank) returned the car and hopped right on another shuttle bus back to POFQ.

I will not HESITATE to rent a car on sight again it was SO EASY.

Now, as for price, I can't really speak to it in terms of other options - it was about $65 for the day, but one day rentals are a lot anyway. You may have better luck with codes and a multi day rental (I booked so late that I couldn't find any that worked for me).

msmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
lukikam
Mouseketeer

Renting a car on site is the ONLY way to go!

We do two weeks as well, and we take the magic express to our resort, and then the next day, when we're a little more rested, the car care center van comes and picks us up. We go to the CCC (where there's usually NO LINE!!) and we're done!!!

You can rent either Alamo or National on site.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: