Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
jonahsmommy
Mouseketeer

Ok...so now what to do with all these pins that I love??

I have just started trading Disney Pins and I love it!!!

I had a blast trading with the CMs around the parks and was so excited when I found some that I was looking for. But now that I am home I don't want to keep them on a lanyard, so how do you display your Disney pins?? I need some inspiration please, with pictures.

Does this site allow us to trade (not sell) pins?

Thanks!
jonahsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
Dot2Vegas
DIS Veteran

We are not pin traders, but more pin collectors. We buy pins when we see them randomly (yard sales ect..) and we also each buy a couple of pins every trip. In addition to Disney pins (each of my girls have probably 75 Disney pins) we buy a pin from every place we visit and every big local thing we do.
My girls display their pins on the curtains in their bedrooms. I used to pin them at the tops of the curtains but now the girls are a little older and pin them how the like on the curtains. They love to see them everyday I personally have my lanyard hanging in my bedroom with my Disney pins. My other pins are in a jewelry box.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #3
DznyPrnces
Mouseketeer

You could get one of those memory boards (lots of stores sell them, fabric covered boards with criss crossing ribbons) and pin them on there.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
Breezyoutdoors
Earning My Ears

Just started Pin trading when we went in November last year. Didn't take long til I was HOOKED!! Came home with a ton of pins. I am a huge Mickey fan so to display all of my Mickey Pins I took a cork board, and put them in the shape of Mickey's head. There is about 75 pins on it! Then we took the same type of cork board and made 3 others with a Disney Picture in the middle and just put pins around it. I was trying to post a picture but it's not letting me. I'll try to post a pic when I can! Can't wait to get back there this year to get more pins!!!
Breezyoutdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #5
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Pixiewings used the silhouette pins around a silhouette of her children. You could do the same with some pins you like and put into a photo mat around a picture from your trip you like -- like a collection of Aurora pins around a pic of you and Aurora or Disneyland pin collection around a pic of you all in front of the castle. You can consider shadow boxes to really showcase them or pin books. I like incorporating them into the pics because it makes the whole thing more interesting!

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #6
AustinTink
Gonna dye till the day I die

We like to hunt over several trips to find the whole collection of pin sets. The alphabets took us forever! We display our in a large shadowbox.

We have enough to put together shadow box #2, so I guess we are a little obsessed.
AustinTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:23 PM   #7
AwkwardTurtle
Mouseketeer

We have ours in shadow boxes, which hang in one of our hallways. If you buy the ones that are hinged and open in the front (we didn't, because they're more expensive) it's really easy to add new pins. Ours are a little more complicated, but still easy. I love having the shadow boxes.
AwkwardTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:35 PM   #8
jonahsmommy
Mouseketeer

Oh I love all these ideas!!! Keep them coming....

I collect Winnie the Pooh (all the characters) so maybe I will make a honey pot out of cork board (paint it of course) and add all my pins around it. I also have tons of DS with all the Pooh characters.
jonahsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #9
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

On a Disney cruise we saw a nicely framed mat board, with the center cut out in the shape of a Disney ship. The "ship shape" was backed with black velvet, and covered with Disney cruise pins.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #10
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

DH likes to get those display books that they sell at the different Disney pin shops. We have 5 of them filled with the pins that we collect when we go to WDW plus the pins that the girls trade while on our trips (the ones that they want to keep). DH and the girls are excited to buy/trade pins in DLR since this is our first trip there.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #11
Mrs. Gumdrop
DIS Veteran

This is my favorite idea (not mine): Use a canvas from the art store.
http://www.polkadotchair.com/2012/09...-display.html/

Old 04-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #12
scarlet_ibis
"GET UP AND GET ON THE BUS!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahsmommy View Post
Oh I love all these ideas!!! Keep them coming....

I collect Winnie the Pooh (all the characters) so maybe I will make a honey pot out of cork board (paint it of course) and add all my pins around it. I also have tons of DS with all the Pooh characters.
This sounds like a great idea! I just got the rectangular corkboard at the craft shop and cut fabric to size. I stapled that around the edges and always intended to cover that with ribbon... My DDs each have one of these and they enjoy looking at their pins throughout the year. I still have to make one for my DS, who does not have nearly as many pins, and for me, since my beautiful pins are sitting in a drawer...
Off-property trips circa 1999, 1991, 1981
scarlet_ibis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: