Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #166
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,478

270 days!!!






So Joshua and I were taking last night and he had a ton of cruise questions. I tried to answer what I could and the subject of dinner time came up. I explained what our days would look like with early dinner and late dinner and we've decided to change to the late seating! I'm so glad and appreciate everyone's input. The things are important to us are sunshine, beach, sunsets, and pool time and late seating will allow us to enjoy more of all. Not having to be rushed for or during dinner will be a huge benefit to the quality of our trip. I'm thinking a nice cheese plate and some wings will be in order before the show so we don't fill up during the show. I don't like to sleep on a full stomach but for a few nights, it won't kill me.


What do people generally do after dinner when they've got late seating?
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #167
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,478

269 days!!!
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-24-2013, 11:42 PM   #168
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,637

We've never eaten a thing during the show, usually do a 4pm snack either at the counter service or cheese plate in the room and it's been perfect.

After dinner we are usually up for a bit, maybe a movie, maybe a swim for the kids or arcade time or just walking the deck or hitting the shops. Easy to stay up for a couple of hours and digest.

Then again we are NOT morning people
__________________
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #169
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,637

I totally missed your announcement! I'm glad you guys decided together

I'm no help with activities after dinner, I'm usually so tired I don't last long.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #170
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,478

268 days!!!




Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
We've never eaten a thing during the show, usually do a 4pm snack either at the counter service or cheese plate in the room and it's been perfect.

After dinner we are usually up for a bit, maybe a movie, maybe a swim for the kids or arcade time or just walking the deck or hitting the shops. Easy to stay up for a couple of hours and digest.

Then again we are NOT morning people

A cheese plate before the show sounds perfect. Did you go to the show every night?

A swim, a movie by the pool, and shopping sound perfect. If Joshua makes friends, I'll be all over the bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I totally missed your announcement! I'm glad you guys decided together

I'm no help with activities after dinner, I'm usually so tired I don't last long.

Me too. I think later dinner will just work better. I love my daylight and sunset is my favorite. We may be in a show or maybe not. We really aren't show people though I hear they're great. We'll see The Golden Mickeys for sure.

I'm not a night person either.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #171
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,478

267 days!!!
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #172
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,637

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
267 days!!!
I love this countdown
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:07 AM   #173
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post

I love this countdown
I'm a total dork. I'm so excited for this cruise. I'm really glad we booked the Wonder too. All this dry dock talk makes me want to sail both original ships before the changes. I'm a sucker for nostalgia

__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #174
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,478

266 days!!!
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #175
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,637

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm a total dork. I'm so excited for this cruise. I'm really glad we booked the Wonder too. All this dry dock talk makes me want to sail both original ships before the changes. I'm a sucker for nostalgia

I didn't watch the video, what changes are they going to do?
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #176
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post

I didn't watch the video, what changes are they going to do?
I'm not familiar with the ship at all but it looks like they're adding a water slide similar to the one at Blizzard Beach. Also something about lighting and a few other changes to the kids' clubs. I have no point of comparison but it seems like a lot of stuff.


ETA: I watched the video again...they are *upgrading* AP, redoing the whole entrance area, parts of the pools, and all 3 bars. They are going to have an Irish Pub and a piano bar. I love both! Maybe our second cruise will be the Magic instead of the Fantasy?!

__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751






Last edited by rentayenta; 04-27-2013 at 08:43 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #177
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 23,348

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
270 days!!!



So Joshua and I were taking last night and he had a ton of cruise questions. I tried to answer what I could and the subject of dinner time came up. I explained what our days would look like with early dinner and late dinner and we've decided to change to the late seating! I'm so glad and appreciate everyone's input. The things are important to us are sunshine, beach, sunsets, and pool time and late seating will allow us to enjoy more of all. Not having to be rushed for or during dinner will be a huge benefit to the quality of our trip. I'm thinking a nice cheese plate and some wings will be in order before the show so we don't fill up during the show. I don't like to sleep on a full stomach but for a few nights, it won't kill me.

What do people generally do after dinner when they've got late seating?
I've got my first day update ready to go. All I have to do is get home and finish uploading my pics to PB. We don't do much after dinner though. I think its a good choice for second seating. I'll keep my report tameso Joshua can read it.
__________________
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #178
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,478

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I've got my first day update ready to go. All I have to do is get home and finish uploading my pics to PB. We don't do much after dinner though. I think its a good choice for second seating. I'll keep my report tameso Joshua can read it.


Girl, you're home. I'll be glued to the computer tonight. I'm finishing an update for my DVC report. Can't wait to read yours. I'm hoping we enjoy second seating too. I just hate to be rushed during the day. I think the shows start at 6:15 right? I know we'll have to be a little early but not sure by how much. Even a half hour gives us that much more pool time. Joshua reads over my shoulder all of the time. I was showing him your Wonder report after we all met and he said: hey those are your friends! He's a cool kid.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #179
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,637

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm not familiar with the ship at all but it looks like they're adding a water slide similar to the one at Blizzard Beach. Also something about lighting and a few other changes to the kids' clubs. I have no point of comparison but it seems like a lot of stuff.


ETA: I watched the video again...they are *upgrading* AP, redoing the whole entrance area, parts of the pools, and all 3 bars. They are going to have an Irish Pub and a piano bar. I love both! Maybe our second cruise will be the Magic instead of the Fantasy?!

Ooohhh, that all sounds lovely. I need to go find the video.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #180
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Ooohhh, that all sounds lovely. I need to go find the video.


Its really interesting. I wish I could have sailed it before the changes though. Destination America channel has all sorts of Disney specials starting this week. I have DirectTv but not I'm not subscribed to that channel.




265 days!!!
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: