DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 06:47 AM   #1
emmababy
DIS Veteran

grocery delivery

We have about a month to go. We have used wegoshop in the past. I thought i read of a new service....advice please
SSR- August 2011

DVC HHI- June 2012
emmababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #2
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmababy View Post
We have about a month to go. We have used wegoshop in the past. I thought i read of a new service....advice please
Garden Grocer is the other popular one, but they are not new at all.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #3
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Kelly's Personal Disney Shopper. http://www.kellypds.com/ She was great to work with and you can be as specific as you like with your products. She more expensive than GG so we used her service and GG. We got things I needed special from her like a cake from the bakery for DD, produce, meat, and most perishables. From GG we bought water, beer, easy stuff.......

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
TheDalys
Mouseketeer

We used Garden Grocer in January. Nothing bad to say at all. Grocery and alcohol are available. We checked in at the resort and the bell hop drove us and the groceries that were delivered that day to our room.
TheDalys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #5
dwelty
"God Bless 'em, let 'em pee"-Roy Disney

We have used Garden Grocer 3 times in the past. Between the incredibly marked up prices, (a gallon of milk is $4.89), and the delivery fee, driver tip, and then the tip for bell services to deliver it to our villa, we have found it more cost effective to rent a car for 1 day and do our own shopping. However if you don't want to leave property they are an option. Just be aware if you are only buying breakfast items from them it is not worth it. We have found that the prices on things like, milk, pancake mix, pastries and cereal, the prices are almost identical to the same items In the resort gift shop. I can say they are reliable and professional, and we have never had problems with our order.

dwelty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #6
emmababy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDalys View Post
We used Garden Grocer in January. Nothing bad to say at all. Grocery and alcohol are available. We checked in at the resort and the bell hop drove us and the groceries that were delivered that day to our room.
Did you have to be there? When we got alcohol with wego shop, we had to be there for delivery, which was a pain. We used GG twice, but I liked the convenience of making my own list...
SSR- August 2011

DVC HHI- June 2012
emmababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:05 AM   #7
Starshine
"Like many other much-loved humans, they believed that they owned their dogs, instead of realizing that their dogs owned them." - Dodie Smith, 101 Dalmatians

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmababy View Post
Did you have to be there? When we got alcohol with wego shop, we had to be there for delivery, which was a pain.
You don't have to be there for GG. They just need a copy of your Driver's License ahead of time. We did WeGoShop once, but never again because of having to be there for delivery.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #8
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
You don't have to be there for GG. They just need a copy of your Driver's License ahead of time. We did WeGoShop once, but never again because of having to be there for delivery.
Funny how different we all are. I prefer to be there for the delivery. I go over the order with the shopper and put things away and in the fridge in real time. I always schedule delivery for 5 - 5:30 on arrival day. We arrive check in go to Epcot for lunch and the afternoon and then head back to BCV to settle in. By then our Villa is ready, our bags have arrived via DME and I unpack and get organized and put the groceries away. We usually have an ADR in WS that evening and walk back for that. I love to start our vacation that way,
I prefer wegosho because I too like to make my own list. Although their delivery fee is higher, they do not have an upcharge per item like Garden Grocer does. They actually give you the original store receipt, and you can request where they shop.
I have used them 7 times and I am very happy with their service.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:58 AM   #9
sweetcreams
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
Funny how different we all are. I prefer to be there for the delivery. I go over the order with the shopper and put things away and in the fridge in real time. I always schedule delivery for 5 - 5:30 on arrival day. We arrive check in go to Epcot for lunch and the afternoon and then head back to BCV to settle in. By then our Villa is ready, our bags have arrived via DME and I unpack and get organized and put the groceries away. We usually have an ADR in WS that evening and walk back for that. I love to start our vacation that way,
I prefer wegosho because I too like to make my own list. Although their delivery fee is higher, they do not have an upcharge per item like Garden Grocer does. They actually give you the original store receipt, and you can request where they shop.
I have used them 7 times and I am very happy with their service.
I like to be there for delivery too! I always want to get my room organized and ready to go for my first full day at the parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Kelly's Personal Disney Shopper. http://www.kellypds.com/ She was great to work with and you can be as specific as you like with your products. She more expensive than GG so we used her service and GG. We got things I needed special from her like a cake from the bakery for DD, produce, meat, and most perishables. From GG we bought water, beer, easy stuff.......
I was considering ordering from Kelly's PDS but I found her to be completely rude and unprofessional. She didn't respond to messages, and made some outrageous comments about a customer on her FB page. I also found out she deletes any negative reviews...not cool.

I've used Garden Grocer in the past, but I'm thinking of switching to We Go Shop for groceries because of all the recommendations I've seen. I also found Dreams Come True Personal Concierge for a Keurig Rental and maybe a birthday cake for my son.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #10
brekin67
DIS Veteran

Love GG.
brekin67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #11
sweetinmaine
I saw the pictures of the chocolate bars and almost bit into my screen!
"Mimi, I love you more than all the A,B,C's in the world!"

Wow! Did Gardengrocer get expensive! That's too bad. We'll be forced
now to really shop around for the best prices...You'd almost think that they
were owned by Disney...
POR 2005, OKW 2005, BWV 2006, SSR 2006
POR, BWV, CSR 2007, SSR 2007, VWL 2008, SSR Oct 2008,
BWV, VBR, SSR 2009, BCV 2009, BWV, Disney Wonder, AKV 2010, SSR 2010,
SSR 2011, BCV, Disney Dream, VWL 2011
SSR 2012, HHI 2012, BCV, Disney Dream, SSR Sept. 2012, BLT,Disney Dream, SSR Apr 2013, VGF, DisneyDream, SSR Nov 2013, BCV, Disney Magic Mar 2014,
Next up: Disney Dream Mar 2015

sweetinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #12
LPnerd
Mouseketeer

just go to publix... lots of them, easy to find and well worth the rental car if you have to, for one day... or I think if you hire a limo from the airport, they will be happy to stop for you on the way in. PUBLIX for those of you not familiar... their fried chicken is amazer... we grab a box and a couple items from the deli, and that's dinner the first night! if you have a crowd, they have a spiral cut pre cooked ham that's yum too. you mix this sauce stuff with water and brush it on for the last 20 min... add rolls, a couple salads and veg and you've not only got a great dinner, but lunch meat for a couple days!
I make a pot of ham and beans in the crock pot and that's as popular as the main dinner... easy and its ready when we get back from the park...
ya know... I would be interested in good quick ways to feed the group at Disney . I always take a crock pot but now I have in the locker.
would anyone be interested in that thread??? is there a Disney trip easy feeder thread??? rofl
LPnerd is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: