Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 01:54 AM   #1906
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post

This video demonstrates the system that was tested at All Star Sports. It shows that you would definitely be able to do a mix (what they call a suicide pour.)
Thanks! Lol re suicide mix I love that!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #1907
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
I wonder if the mugs are going to disappear actually which is why they have not invested in new designs. They will roll the refill option out on magicband or whatever RFID device you have as PP suggested and we might use disposable cups by the machine instead. Like on the Disney Cruise line ( expect you don't have an RFID it is just included in the price of your cruise ) .
From a revenue perspective that would probably be their ideal - charge $15 per guest for the "soda package" on the room reservation and then use whatever mugs are available in the resort shops as an upsell for people who want something reusable or more durable than a paper cup. And if they went that route it would likely be all or nothing like the dining plan - all guests on the same reservation have to have the same package options - so for a family of 4 they'd be getting that price times 4, rather than allowing them to share or buying mugs only for the people in the party who drink coffee/soda.

Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #1908
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

I hope they dont do the chip in the mug thing I dont like this....
Just keep things the way it is....

goofynut41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #1909
seadd67
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
That's my thinking too, though I did hear an alternate explanation from a CM at Pop earlier this month... I'm not putting much stock in it, because we all know how well-informed lower-level cast tend to be and this came from a woman wiping down the mug station in the food court, which is why I didn't pop right over to share. According to this particular unreliable source, we won't see a new mug until they roll-out RFID machines property-wide. I thought the test at the All Stars was more or less a failure but with the rest of the RFID roll-out I suppose anything is possible.

Of course, if they do the RFID mugs they'll never have to change the design again because they'll have an alternate way of policing old mug use. For that reason alone I hope it doesn't come to pass.
Lower level employee/CM, Wow??. Thats seems not be a very Disney reaction!. Every CM at Disney makes WDW what It Is even "lower level" CM. Now why would you think there status makes there Info less assuring?.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #1910
lbv7
Mouseketeer

Just my opinion - the recently opened Bakery at the Boardwalk now has a self serve drink machine. You do not need a RFID mug to get a drink. If WDW was ever going to implement this new system, this would have been the time. After all, they are not going to get rid of these new machines only to replace them any time soon with RFID capable units.
For whatever reason WDW has decided not to implement the RDID system, and I don't think they ever will.
lbv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #1911
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadd67 View Post
Lower level employee/CM, Wow??. Thats seems not be a very Disney reaction!. Every CM at Disney makes WDW what It Is even "lower level" CM. Now why would you think there status makes there Info less assuring?.
First of all, I mean no disrespect with the term "lower level". It is simply a way of indicating someone not high enough up in the company to be privy to corporate plans or have insight into the future direction decision-making might take.

Second, I take insider info, rumors, and plans that come from front-line cast as less reliable because experience has shown that to be the case. Many wild rumors have been started or substantiated by the statements of cast members in transportation and food service, but the reality is that people working in those positions don't get more than a few days or weeks lead time on new policies and often DISers are more knowledgeable when it comes to unusual, new, or complex situations.

Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #1912
SkywayGuy
Earning My Ears

What's the regular price of a soda at a food court?

We're going to POR in THREE WEEKS (pause to catch my breath). We have the pool scene mugs and like others, I'm not really interested in getting another one (I DO like collecting them - I'm drinking out of my old Dixie Landings mug right now!). But what exactly is the cost of a single soda in a paper cup at the POR food court? All I've seen listed on the WDWInfo menus is the cost of the refillable mug?

We're driving and so we will stock our room fridge with Pepsi's (my wife drinks them instead of coffee - yuck), and water, and I'm planning on bringing extra pods for the coffee machine. But I was just wandering, would it still make sense to buy the mug - what is the break even point?
SkywayGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #1913
deadheadmamma4
Mouseketeer

Is there ice tea or hot tea
deadheadmamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #1914
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadheadmamma4 View Post
Is there ice tea or hot tea
There is iced tea and hot tea.

The iced tea is the Gold Peak brand and typically there are four flavors to choose from, such as unsweeted, sweetened, white or green.

The hot tea is tea bags (for example, Twining's brand) that you use with the hot water dispenser on the coffee machines.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #1915
Goofysrus
Mouseketeer

Has anyone heard about changes to the brand of coffee offered for the refillable mug?
Is Nescafé still being served?
Thanks 😎
Goofysrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:53 PM   #1916
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofysrus
Has anyone heard about changes to the brand of coffee offered for the refillable mug?
Is Nescafé still being served?
Thanks ?de0e
Good luck. I've asked in no less than three threads.:-) I heard Pop had already switched over, but that's all I've heard.
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #1917
Goofysrus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post

Good luck. I've asked in no less than three threads.:-) I heard Pop had already switched over, but that's all I've heard.
Thanks for the info. I'll be there next Thursday so I'll let you know. I'm still taking my coffee pot for the room... We're staying at the Pop so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Goofysrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:47 PM   #1918
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:

Thanks for the info. I'll be there next Thursday so I'll let you know. I'm still taking my coffee pot for the room... We're staying at the Pop so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
I'll be there Tuesday.:-) but thank you! :-)
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:42 PM   #1919
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:

There was a post in the POP thread a while back from someone who was there and they said it had switched.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #1920
ricosuave
Mouseketeer

We're here now at pop and I'm drinking the "new" jofrey's coffee. It's pretty bad folks! Lol. The hot chocolate is really good though. Same mugs- beach scene. (It's been raining since 1 pm . )

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: