Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
disneypunch
Earning My Ears

Chip & Dale Campfire Summer Schedule

Hello, I read winter months the chip & Dale campfire singalong starts at 7pm but summer months it changes to 8pm. Just want to confirm as I am making dinner reservation to Whispering Canyon and don't want to be late or an hour early. Thank you to anyone who knows for sure.
disneypunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneypunch View Post
Hello, I read winter months the chip & Dale campfire singalong starts at 7pm but summer months it changes to 8pm. Just want to confirm as I am making dinner reservation to Whispering Canyon and don't want to be late or an hour early. Thank you to anyone who knows for sure.
Yes, summer is 8 o'clock. You should leave an hour minimum to get to Fort Wilderness from Wilderness Lodge. If you just miss a boat, you'll have to wait 20 minutes, then it's around 15-20 minutes to the Fort, then another 15 minutes to get to the Meadows. Plus the walk from the lobby to the boat dock at WL is long.

There is also a bus that runs between the two, it will take you to the Settlement bus stop, so you'll be right there to grab another bus to the Meadows.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #3
disneypunch
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for the added travel time info in between I hadn't even consider to schedule an hour. I don't want to be stressed dragging my family in a hurry so I am going to shoot for a 5:30 reservation.
disneypunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #4
Docmom
Mouseketeer

We just stayed at WL and there is a nice trail from the lodge to the campgrounds. You could take a paved one all the way through or a sandy one part way then get onto the paved trail. The sandy one is by the bike/watercraft rental shack. If you take it keep an eye out for pinecones Mickeys! You'll also get amazing views of Bay Lake and one of the nicest views of the Contemporary I've seen. Only negative is that it's not marked well. When you get to the "staff only" sign turn right and that will lead to the paved trail where you'll turn left and it will bring you to the campgrounds. If you're quiet you most likely will see some deer.
Docmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #5
jlr9882
Mouseketeer

I am making a ressie at Trail's End before Chip and Dale' campfire for June 30th. What time should I make the ADR? I am think there is an outdoor movie too, is there a schedule out yet for it. What time is that?

[/url]

July 2013- Our 1st July 4th trip with a party of 12- CSR w/DDP
Aug 2011- Bahamas Celebration Cruise and Disney -POP w/DDP (My DS with 20+ allergies was treated like a Prince!)
Feb 2011- Epcot trip and DTD- offsite rental house
Aug 2009- DS first trip! -POP
Tons more trips before then offsite with my first trip at only 6 weeks old. My cousin that went as our babysitter is now a CM!
jlr9882 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: