Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West > Southern California
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 06:32 AM   #16
Kristin5
Mouseketeer

I recently found this one, which we are considering. http://amgtransportation.com/city-tours.html

Haven't found any reviews or feedback about it though.

We really want to go to Santa Monica Pier rather than Venice Beach, and where you have a choice on the Grayline tour, I am worried that the consensus would be Venice Beach (I mean, how do they decide?)

Disney World - Dec 2015
Kristin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #17
rella's fan
Mouseketeer

Depending on what you want to do, me and DD(10) have taken the train from Anaheim to Union Station and then the subway to Hollywood (stop is right at the Chinese theatre where all the Starline tours start). The Starline Hop on/off goes to all the major sites (the Grove, the tar pits, etc.) and also goes to Santa Monica. This was very simple to do, didn't cost much and allowed us to go at our own pace.
rella's fan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #18
sunny45
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesia123 View Post
I'm not going until July unfortunately
That's ok, we don't go until August 31st
2001 Feb Caribbean Beach (DH & DD's)
2003 Aug Yacht Club (DH & DD's)
2007 Sept POP Century-25th anniversary-DH&I
2010 Dec POP 2 rooms (DH & adult DD's)
2013 Sept Disneyland (DH & I)
sunny45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #19
marcyinPA
I'll never forget the strong, pungent smell of Noxema!
I was such a fashion disaster!!

Funny- I have the same exact question!! And I'm from PA too!

We will be there the week between Christmas and NY though, and have one day to fill. My DH and DS17 have never been to CA at all, so I thought a tour would be good. I have been to LA twice, but in no way am I an expert and I don't want the stress of driving/parking/ gps just like you said.

Going to read the rest of the thread now for suggestions!
6/08- We're Cruisin' (NCL
Spirit) for my BIG 4-0!,
6/09- WL (celebrating my birthday with Mickey!)
,2/11- POP
marcyinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:03 PM   #20
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rella's fan View Post
I booked with Anaheim 411 for next week, reviews seem to be good and I spoke with the owner "Tom" when booking. They also pick up at the hotel. They do a LA/Hollywood day, Hollywood transportation only, a Warner Bros. studio tour, and even a local beach day that includes Newport, Laguna and Huntington Beach. You might want to check them out.
We have two tours booked with Tom for August.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #21
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin5 View Post
I recently found this one, which we are considering. http://amgtransportation.com/city-tours.html

Haven't found any reviews or feedback about it though.

We really want to go to Santa Monica Pier rather than Venice Beach, and where you have a choice on the Grayline tour, I am worried that the consensus would be Venice Beach (I mean, how do they decide?)
They took us to both on our trip. Some people wanted to do each one, she dropped us off at the Santa Monica Pier, then went to Venice Beach to drop off the others. Pick up was the same, us first, then we headed to Venice Beach to pick up the others.
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #22
Kristin5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
They took us to both on our trip. Some people wanted to do each one, she dropped us off at the Santa Monica Pier, then went to Venice Beach to drop off the others. Pick up was the same, us first, then we headed to Venice Beach to pick up the others.
That's good to know, thanks. We could do the Grayline tour then, so long as we get to go to Santa Monica Pier (we have been to Venice Beach previously, but never to Santa Monica Pier).

I have emailed AMG Transportation about a couple of quotes, incl the LA Tour and airport transfers, but haven't heard back from them, so they might miss out on our business anyway.

Disney World - Dec 2015
Kristin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:20 PM   #23
SNicksed
Rockin D' Magic!
I'm about to jump out of my own body

We are visiting DLR in August and when researching day tours from our hotel, I came across All Anaheim Tours: http://www.allanaheimtours.com/?pref...FcU7MgodlS0A4g

Does anyone have experience with them?
SNicksed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #24
candy0730
DIS Veteran

I have been following this thread. Lots of good info. I looked at the site for Anaheim Travel and am also interested to read any reviews for them since I don't see anything on TripAdvisor.

We are going to do a Hollywood tour and a beach tour that includes whale watching. The only group that I found that does the whale watching is thru Anaheim Visitor Center. I think the actual tour group is Anaheim Tour Company.

Does anyone else have any recommendations?

September 2009 - CSR
September 2010 - CSR/CR
September 2011 - POR
March 2012 - Disneyland - Hojos
September 2012 - AoA
July 2013 - braving summer crowds at DL- FFI
candy0730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #25
uncw89
DIS Veteran

Just following along on this thread! We are going the end of July-first of Aug. and I'm trying to figure out what to do after our stay at GCH. We are moving off site to LA. Has anyone had any experience with the GO LA card? I thought that it sounds good and includes lots of sites that we are interested in going.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #26
OHDisneyMom
Mouseketeer

We booked the L.A. City, Movie Stars' Homes & Beach Tour from Anaheim by Starline Tours for our June trip. It covers all of the things we would like to see in a one day trip to LA.
OHDisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:48 AM   #27
sunny45
Mouseketeer

Thanks to the information here I booked the VIP Tour Grand Tour of LA through VIP Tours of California (again only because they went to the most places-even if some are only driving by) and the OC Beach tour from Anaheim 411 which is Tom that a few people have spoken about w/ the 45 minute Harbor Cruise as an add-on.

I think these two tours will give a good overall feel of the area outside of Disneyland. Hopefully I made a good choice, I am still a little leery about VIP Tours b/c of mixed reviews but there is nothing I can do about it. It's done. I also have a 4 day hopper for the parks.

Now to just wait patiently for another 4 months and 4 days
2001 Feb Caribbean Beach (DH & DD's)
2003 Aug Yacht Club (DH & DD's)
2007 Sept POP Century-25th anniversary-DH&I
2010 Dec POP 2 rooms (DH & adult DD's)
2013 Sept Disneyland (DH & I)
sunny45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #28
WiganTony
DIS Veteran

We are also in the area in early August and looking at a tour of LA, so thanks to everyone who has provided feedback on the various operators.

Our first thought was to drive to Santa Monica Beach from Anaheim to pick up the tour there, but then looking at the journey times for the various "loops", we would probably be on the go for 6 hours or more excluding any stops!!!

So we're now looking at the tours from Anaheim that have been mentioned in the replies above and trying to choose one of them!!!!

2014 July/August - RPR and OKW - again!!
2013 July/August - NY, LA and San Diego
2012 August - OKW
2011 August - No Disney NY and Boston
2010 July/August - RPR and OKW
2009 Easter - Springhill Suites LBV & Cruise
2008 August - Marriott Residence Seaworld.
2007 August - CBR/Marriott Clearwater/Springhill Suites LBV
2005 August - Comfort Suites Kissimmee
Longer than I care to remember - 3 lads and their car touring Florida!!
WiganTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #29
candy0730
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rella's fan View Post
I booked with Anaheim 411 for next week, reviews seem to be good and I spoke with the owner "Tom" when booking. They also pick up at the hotel. They do a LA/Hollywood day, Hollywood transportation only, a Warner Bros. studio tour, and even a local beach day that includes Newport, Laguna and Huntington Beach. You might want to check them out.
Just curious if you went on the tour and if you liked it.

September 2009 - CSR
September 2010 - CSR/CR
September 2011 - POR
March 2012 - Disneyland - Hojos
September 2012 - AoA
July 2013 - braving summer crowds at DL- FFI
candy0730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #30
rella's fan
Mouseketeer

Hollywood/Warner Bros. tour was good. We were picked up around 8:30 at our hotel and were dropped off around 6:15 that afternoon. Saw some movie star homes in Bel Air and Beverly Hills, walked around Rodeo Dr. a bit, had a lunch stop at the Carneys train on Sunset, had about a half hour at the Chinese theatre, went as close as you can get to the Hollywood sign for pictures, did the Warner Bros. tour which was a lot of fun, walked thru the Biltmore hotel. Long day but fun - worth it for $120 (really $70 since the cost of the Warner Bros. tour was included and was $50)
Decided against the Beach tour and rented a car for the day which I highly recommend. Couldn't have been easier, it was $30 and we picked it up at Alamo in Downtown Disney. Went to Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Balboa and Laguna Beach and then stopped at In and Out Burger and Target on the way back - great day!
rella's fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: