Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

Single Rider RSR

At WDW you have to be 7 to ride alone in the single rider line. At least that was true last year. I know that there have been some changes to age limits at the parks as of late.

What is the DL CA rule for single rider?

And while we're on the subject, has anyone have any tips for single rider line/ride at Radiator Springs Racers?

Thanks!

DS 10 DS 7

jkstewart1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:52 PM   #2
Cheshirecatty
DIS Veteran

You DO have to be at least seven to do single rider.

Definately utilize this if you can--sometimes it's only a 5-10 minute wait, and the longest we've waited in this line is 25 minutes.

I realize that others have waited longer than that at much busier times!
Cheshirecatty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #3
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshirecatty View Post
You DO have to be at least seven to do single rider.

Definately utilize this if you can--sometimes it's only a 5-10 minute wait, and the longest we've waited in this line is 25 minutes.

I realize that others have waited longer than that at much busier times!

We're headed to DL on the 19th of May for 6 days. I hope the crowds will be light because of it being right before Memorial day.... we'll see. It was the best we could do....

DS 10 DS 7

jkstewart1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:14 PM   #4
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Sorry for the hijacking!

What is the queue like? Would I be missing some great things in the regular queue if I took the single rider line?
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #5
Eclectic Goddess
My Ears are a Pair of Devil Horns

The single rider line for RSR is awesome, but, no, probably not appropriate for children under 7. Heck, we've seen kids go single-rider that are clearly over 7, but still too young to be unsupervised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
Sorry for the hijacking!

What is the queue like? Would I be missing some great things in the regular queue if I took the single rider line?
As for missing anything, there isn't really much to see in the regular queue. The single rider follows along the side of it past a couple of interesting things, but by the time they split, the regular queue is pretty much just a twisty line.

Disneyland Trips
Fall 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 ~ Gay Days Anaheim
Winter 2013 ~ Off Season Magic
*Fall 2014 ~ DF's Birthday Extravaganza!*
*January 2015 ~ Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend*
*Spring 2015 ~ Star Wars Celebration*

Orlando Trips
Fall 2010 ~ Harry Potter Emersion Therapy / Visit to the ‘World
Spring 2012 ~ Taking the HLP on Holiday!
Spring 2014 ~ Princess Half Marathon Weekend / Wizarding World
Eclectic Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:52 PM   #6
madwit
Earning My Ears

I've only ever done the single rider line with rsr. I personally don't want to wait 90 minutes to sit next to my friends or family. However I still was able to sit next to my friend twice doing the single rider line. I don't know how that worked out but it happens.
madwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:27 AM   #7
AZlady
DIS Veteran

I have done FP line, single rider line & regular line. First, your child must be 7 to enter the single rider line. DS10, was asked every time " how old are you?" when we entered. ( he is super small).
Second, you miss nothing by going in a single of FP line ( that queue is not that exciting).
Enjoy! I hate rides~ but loved RSR!!
Old 04-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #8
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclectic Goddess View Post
As for missing anything, there isn't really much to see in the regular queue. The single rider follows along the side of it past a couple of interesting things, but by the time they split, the regular queue is pretty much just a twisty line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZlady View Post
I have done FP line, single rider line & regular line. First, your child must be 7 to enter the single rider line. DS10, was asked every time " how old are you?" when we entered. ( he is super small).
Second, you miss nothing by going in a single of FP line ( that queue is not that exciting).
Enjoy! I hate rides~ but loved RSR!!
Thanks! I'll be sure to focus on SR then, since I'll be solo anyways!
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:59 PM   #9
Crittsmom
Earning My Ears

Realize that if you are with friends, you will be split apart. DD and I have Ap to DL, and all of the times we have used the single rider lines we only rode together once.
As for the que, I can't tell you what you'll miss because I still haven't been all of the way through it. I've been half way through but then it broke down, so we left. When the lines is less, I'm planning on going through the que so I can see it.
Crittsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #10
Abbeys_mom
Mouseketeer

After using FP and wide right (so three rides for us over two days), we convinced DD8 to do single rider and see the ride at night. She loved Matterhorn, Splash and Grizzly with us, and was feeling adventuresome.

We walked up together. At the top of the queue, Dh went first. We had a waiting spot (Lizzy Suites sign) if DD got in somehow off the ride before us.

She ended up racing her dad, an winning, which was beyond cool for her. Now she only wants to do SR line.

I would not let her wait in line alone, nor do that option for a ride she has not experienced before. But with a little planning, it was a great option for us!
Abbeys_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #11
bjscheel
I voted for tigers!
Pork Baby of 1976

I figure we'll use this as the kids are pretty big. My plan is to send DH first, then the two kids, then me last, so the kids are sandwiched between us. Never having been there, I don't know what the exit is like. Will we have any trouble seeing each other afterward?
November 2009- CBR
June 2011- POR
June 2013- DisneyLand/San Diego
June 2014- CBR

DH Me DD15 DD13

For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2: 8-9)
bjscheel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: