Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 02:12 PM   #1
northwenald
DIS Veteran

Thinking of trying Club Level at BWI or AKL at the end of ur trip.

Hi Everyone

Right now I have 8 nights booked at Boardwalk villas in a boardwalk view. I could not get the last night of our 9 night trip with a boardwalk view so I may have to switch to a pool view if the waitlist does not open up. I was thinking of using our AP discount on the last night and staying Club Level. We have never stayed Club Level. Then I thought of just staying at the boardwalk for 7 nights then going to AKL for the last 2 nights and book Club Level so we can do the sunrise safari tour. It will just be me and DH. It is Veterans Day weekend and I am not even sure if that weekend will be blacked out for the AP discount. I would love to hear any thoughts on this. It will be such a busy weekend because it is the end of Food and Wine, plus the marathon. We have stayed at both BWV and AKL many times but never Club level. I am so confusd on what we should do.

Thanks for all your help
Old 04-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
CoolPool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwenald
Hi Everyone

Right now I have 8 nights booked at Boardwalk villas in a boardwalk view. I could not get the last night of our 9 night trip with a boardwalk view so I may have to switch to a pool view if the waitlist does not open up. I was thinking of using our AP discount on the last night and staying Club Level. We have never stayed Club Level. Then I thought of just staying at the boardwalk for 7 nights then going to AKL for the last 2 nights and book Club Level so we can do the sunrise safari tour. It will just be me and DH. It is Veterans Day weekend and I am not even sure if that weekend will be blacked out for the AP discount. I would love to hear any thoughts on this. It will be such a busy weekend because it is the end of Food and Wine, plus the marathon. We have stayed at both BWV and AKL many times but never Club level. I am so confusd on what we should do.

Thanks for all your help
One of the great perks of the AKL CL is that all rooms are Savannah View which is very relaxing. It's great to come back from a hectic day at the parks, have a few glasses of wine at the CL and return to your room to watch the animals as the sun sets. Our experience was lovely. So when you talk about how busy that time at WDW will be, AKL CL will help transport you away to another place. I would stay at least two nights there though. Not into one night stands. LOL.

We also favor split stays, just when your resort stay becomes routine, you switch up and get a whole new vacation.
Enjoy!
CoolPool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:50 AM   #3
kellyg403
She changes friends like she changes underwear
NEVER GO INTO THE BOWELS OF HELL aka teenager bedroom WITHOUT TURNING ON THE LIGHTS

You will love AKL CL. We did the Sunrise Safari and it was the highlight of the trip for our grandsons. Dh and I really liked it as well. The animals were out and we actually, for the first time in 8 trips, saw all the lions out!

There are only certain days that the Safari is had, so you may want to check that out as well. I want to say we did ours on a Thursday which was one of a couple days. It isn't offerred every single morning. Hopefully someone will come along and be able to address that part.

You will love it. We enjoy AKL as it is, CL was great. It was nice to grab a snack and sit on the balconey. Gave us a chance to also get out of the room from time to time. The boys loved to go and have a snack and watch cartoons while the grownups sat with a beer/wine and discussed what the plans were. All in all, it was great.

Good luck with your planning. I can't imagine that you can go wrong with any choice you make!

Kelly

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: