Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #16
MikeAndNick
If you can dream it, you can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS85 View Post
I thought the week before Christmas would be safe (December 13 sail date, back on the 21st) because I remember break being the week of Christmas until just after New Years. Do I have that wrong?
I work in the IT Department for a School District and the vacation time is different for each School District and can change each year. We have changed from taking two week to taking three weeks. Our School District takes 3 weeks Christmas Vacation starting December 23 and going to January 11. My sons School District (same town) takes 2 weeks vacation going from December 23 to Jan 3. One of the School District out in the country goes from December 13 to Jan 3. This is just the school around Fresno. You also have the parents like me that is pulling my student out the week before Christmas break for our cruise because there is nothing going on in school that week.
Disney Cruise Lines: Wonder Land and Sea – Bahamas 2005, Magic Eastbound Trans Atlantic 2010, Magic Mexican Riviera Nov 20, 2011, Fantasy Western Caribbean June 23, 2012, Wonder Bahamian December 14, 2013
Princess Cruse Lines: Panama Canal 2006, San Francisco Alaska June 19, 2011, Pacific Coast Nov 24, 2013
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2009
Carnival Cruise Lines: Encanta Mexico 2009
NCL Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2008
MikeAndNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:05 AM   #17
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

We cruised in February. The water was too cold for us at Castaway Cay.

We're Doing the Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy in October. Hoping we get to enjoy the day with warm air and water.

I would definitely agree that I would pick the itinerary you want the most.

There is a Castaway Cay double dip October 20 on the Magic out of Miami. We were planning to do it but its just too hard to get to/from WDW to Miami and our trip is a combo. Something you may want to consider if CC is important to you.
I❤MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #18
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I❤MICKEY
We cruised in February. The water was too cold for us at Castaway Cay.

We're Doing the Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy in October. Hoping we get to enjoy the day with warm air and water.

I would definitely agree that I would pick the itinerary you want the most.

There is a Castaway Cay double dip October 20 on the Magic out of Miami. We were planning to do it but its just too hard to get to/from WDW to Miami and our trip is a combo. Something you may want to consider if CC is important to you.
I can see it being too cold in feb. we did Nassau at the end of Feb mar n again on DCL this mid April. I think Castaway is a lil cooler than Nassau. Anyway CC was right there for as cool as I would enjoy but once u got off the plunge, it was good. I would cruise mid April again next yr. Its after all our big work expo events and a fairly cheap time n our weather was stunning as was Orlando. My DT was actually glad it wasnt hotter since she is uses to Seattle...
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:53 PM   #19
kiford
Mouseketeer

We usually cruise within the first two weeks of December. We've never had problems docking at Castaway Cay although sometimes the winds have been high and excursions have been cancelled. It's still nice to sit on the beach or snorkel; water is a bit cool but not terrible.

Everything is decorated for the holidays, including the trams. Cost is lower than closer to Xmas and flights are usually also less expensive and less busy. Ship isn't quite as busy so it's easier to get reservations at Palo's, spa, etc.

It's become our preferred time to cruise.

WDW: 1986 (off-site), 1991 (CB), 2000 (BI), 2005 (BC/BI), 2008 (BI/AKL), 2011 (BC/GF), 2012 (GF), 2013 (BC)

Me (50) Him (53)
kiford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #20
VS85
Mouseketeer

Okay, after taking in all of your wonderful advice, we narrowed it down to 2 sail dates that would work for us. The price is the same and both work with our schedules so we really can't go wrong with either. Between the October 4th sail date and the November 1st sail date, is there one that you might pick over the other? And if so, why? Thanks for your insight!
VS85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #21
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

October for warmer water/weather. Good luck.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:06 AM   #22
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear3412 View Post
October for warmer water/weather. Good luck.
Ditto!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: