Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #1171
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I will, thank you. They are so comfortable. The chairs arrived this morning. It'll be about 3 weeks for the love seat. I'll post a pic.

Are you packed and ready? I'm so excited for you!
Thanks for the chair pic! They look lovely, and I'm really diggin' the orange flowers with the blue, very nice.

We are mostly packed, DH and I will finish up tomorrow night once DSs are in bed. I'm so excited, sometimes I can't help myself and I have to scream

We head to WDW on Friday, I'm all caught up on my work stuff, so now it's all about our trip And the boys still don't know about the week in Disney 1st I'm telling ya Friday 8PM can't come quick enough
Old 04-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #1172
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Love the chairs. Enjoy! Hope that table fits somewhere.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #1173
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Hi there.

We may be in a house in the next couple of days. I can hardly wait. I always thought it would be cool to live in a hotel and I have decided that the only time that might be cool is if you are at a Disney resort hotel.
I hope you get some peace in a house. I had some friends who went through a similar situation and it took a long time for them to get back in their house but it came out a lot nicer in the end.

Jenny, I love the new furniture, I vote for Craigslist for the old stuff, it usually leave really quickly, especially if the price is right!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #1174
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I hope you get some peace in a house. I had some friends who went through a similar situation and it took a long time for them to get back in their house but it came out a lot nicer in the end.

Jenny, I love the new furniture, I vote for Craigslist for the old stuff, it usually leave really quickly, especially if the price is right!

Allison!

I have missed you the last few times I have been on here. It has been quite interesting for sure.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #1175
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
[CENTER]

Does Kendall keep in touch with them? I hope you get to meet up with your friends this fall. You're going to SF? Girl, you do go a ton of places.
It's so funny, I don't think I do, at all! Yes, we are going to SF in Sept. for a weekend. Jeff got a burr in his saddle that he wanted to watch the America's cup finals. So apparently we are going. LOL! Guess I need to figure out of that means we are staying at his dad's or getting a hotel and if it's kids too. He bought 4 tickets while I was in DC but then mentioned his dad and stepmom are "in" and I don't know what that means. LOL!

Supposedly K's cruise friends had a FB group going but I don't know that there's been much activity. Of course on the cruise they were all plotting for a reunion cruise but now, I don't think many are in touch, maybe one girl but I'm not sure.

Quote:
I tell Michael that at least I'm sharing my online fun with him and that all he has to do is check the DIS to see what I'm up to.
Jeff doesn't DIS so that won't happen but he sees the updates on FB. Or I torture him by texting pictures of margaritas from the Ditch as Mary Ellen can attest. He just LOVES that. Actually I probably texted him one the night we were all there.

Quote:
They are going to play in Hawaii? I hope the coach lets them swim. Our girls can't swim during tournament and that would be a crying shame to be in Hawaii and not be ale to swim. Of course you can all arrive before or after the tournament.

Oh who knows. We are in Region IV and our regionals this year are in HI. Typically it would be whomever wins state cup gets to go. This year, WA has the wild card so it means 1st and 2nd get to go. Last year the regionals were in AZ, our team came in 2nd but the team that got the wildcard (AK I think) didn't go so we could have gone but chose not to as several of the girls on the team at that point were either on the ODP team which had it's own tournament either the week before or after or were moving to ECNL team sand it conflicted. K wasn't on the team so it didn't really matter to us either way, she re-joined it after state cup was over so wouldn't have gone. Realistically she was able to re-join the team as some of those girls left for the ECNL team, they'd been playing both and it really wasn't fair to the team.

This year really, they are tracking in the upper third of their bracket. Not a shoe in by any stretch of the imagination. They "should" make it to the semi's but you never know. Both Jeff and I will be shocked if they are in the finals. Which sounds awful, they are capable of it, but I just don't see it happening.

Given that I find it very interesting that coach is so sure we are going. The team did go back in 2008 and Kendall was on the team then. If memory serves there were some restrictions but I don't recall what (we didn't go, the flights were over $800 at the time! so her mom went, took T and they made it their vacation...which was pretty boring for T a lot of the time but I digress). I do know she took a surfing lesson but that may well have been after they got knocked out of the tournament. Which was swift and early.

Quote:
That's sweet that you got a soccer trinket. And I hope I can't get any more broke! Michael wants Joshua to go to this 4 day soccer camp that costs $450. Insane.
Camps, any camps are crazy. I think the cheapest one we are looking at is $325 for the boys. I'd probably take a 4 day camp for $450 over a 3 day tournament that means plane fare and hotel and then the rest is in the very high club fees....

Quote:
I would have liked to get some sort of guarantee regarding curriculum in writing but at this point, she just wants to chill. I get that. They can say whatever they want really, I'll never know once she's out of his class unless the other two take AP Euro.

Quote:

How much are you selling the fire house for? Please post a pic of you playing with Playmobil while sorting it all out.
I have no idea. Right now all that is intact is the vet, the soccer field and the school. There is an airport, fire station, post office, police station, grocery store, bus stop as well but they are all in pieces. Boys were supposedly trying to reconstruct but sounds like it isn't going very well. We had a bunch of the castle stuff too but gave that to my nephews in Germany. I may see if they want any of this...not sure.

Quote:
Craig's List scares me too but really it's no different than how I have it for sale now except this is just Utah locals. We've had good luck but I did get a funky text this morning from a lady; seems like a scam text. Odd wording and grammatically incorrect.
Yeah, I'm just not comfortable with giving out my address, period. Which is a bit of a bummer as the playmobil set is on a great train table that I also need to sell and that's definitely too big to ship anywhere.

Quote:
I'm so excited they'll all overlap. Chloe will be in AZ with her bestie and the other two will be at camp. I was thinking about taking the week off work but I'll see where Michael's 96* off falls during that week. And hopefully he'll be in town too. If he's not then I'll work a lot. He's going to try to be in town though. Last year was the best.

I was REALLY hoping Eric would pick church camp as then they would be gone at the same time. Right now it looks like Evan has 1 week at Church Camp and 1 week at a Young Life Camp. Which is also church camp lol. Eric has 1 week at Scout camp and then had his choice between a week long scout 50 mile raft trip or Church camp and it seems he is leaning towards the raft trip. He can't do both as they overlap by a day plus I can't afford both. Heck, I'm not sure I can afford all 4 as it is, I'm only officially committed to 2 of them.

Quote:
We're sticking with blue, tan, white, and cream accents and of course the splash of orange. Haha! I can't wait until its all in. Your furniture sounds great. What color scheme/theme do you have now?
They look great! And it is NOT silly to get jazzed over them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Denny knows because I outlined how we are going to use our APs for the following scenarios - June 13 October 13 May 14 (girls trip) versus October 13 May 14 (girls) October 14 (if our June trip cancels, which I think it is).

He didn't bat an eye! I think he has come to grand moment of acceptance that I travel with internet strangers.
Acceptance is an important part of the process
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #1176
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
Thanks for the chair pic! They look lovely, and I'm really diggin' the orange flowers with the blue, very nice.

Thank you. I'm a color person for sure. Our walls are so many different colors. Its a fun and inexpensive way to add personality to the home.

Quote:
We are mostly packed, DH and I will finish up tomorrow night once DSs are in bed. I'm so excited, sometimes I can't help myself and I have to scream
Yeah, you've got to do it on the sly. I can't believe you have been able to keep it a secret. I tip my hat.

Quote:
We head to WDW on Friday, I'm all caught up on my work stuff, so now it's all about our trip And the boys still don't know about the week in Disney 1st I'm telling ya Friday 8PM can't come quick enough

Yay! You're telling them at 8:00 on Friday? You should video it. They're going to flip. I bet you feel like you're going to burst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Love the chairs. Enjoy! Hope that table fits somewhere.

Thank you. So far, it doesn't fit but I'm going to wait for when the love seat arrives before I give up hope. The blue chairs are exactly what the room needed.

Quote:

Thank you Alison. How's the cruise? Thanks for checking in here. I'm not getting many hits on KSL so I think I may try it. I have a friend in OC who sells everything on Craig's List.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
It's so funny, I don't think I do, at all! Yes, we are going to SF in Sept. for a weekend. Jeff got a burr in his saddle that he wanted to watch the America's cup finals. So apparently we are going. LOL! Guess I need to figure out of that means we are staying at his dad's or getting a hotel and if it's kids too. He bought 4 tickets while I was in DC but then mentioned his dad and stepmom are "in" and I don't know what that means. LOL!
It never feels like enough to me either. I could go away every other weekend and be perfectly happy. Except for the unpacking. I hate unpacking. Packing is so much more fun. Unpacking is just a reminder that in the next day or two, reality hits.

Quote:
Supposedly K's cruise friends had a FB group going but I don't know that there's been much activity. Of course on the cruise they were all plotting for a reunion cruise but now, I don't think many are in touch, maybe one girl but I'm not sure.
Bummer, that would have been fun had they kept in touch. I think FB isn't so popular for the teens anymore. It's all about Twitter, Instagram, and SnapChat for my girls. Gabby deleted her FB and Chloe rarely gets on hers. They tweet constantly though. It moves a lot faster than FB Gabby says though I'm not very familiar with it.

Quote:
Jeff doesn't DIS so that won't happen but he sees the updates on FB. Or I torture him by texting pictures of margaritas from the Ditch as Mary Ellen can attest. He just LOVES that. Actually I probably texted him one the night we were all there.
They're all the same. Michael doesn't DIS either but I like to show him pictures and read him stuff when we're both ipadding in bed. He will sometimes read over my shoulder though he won't admit it.

Quote:
Oh who knows. We are in Region IV and our regionals this year are in HI. Typically it would be whomever wins state cup gets to go. This year, WA has the wild card so it means 1st and 2nd get to go. Last year the regionals were in AZ, our team came in 2nd but the team that got the wildcard (AK I think) didn't go so we could have gone but chose not to as several of the girls on the team at that point were either on the ODP team which had it's own tournament either the week before or after or were moving to ECNL team sand it conflicted. K wasn't on the team so it didn't really matter to us either way, she re-joined it after state cup was over so wouldn't have gone. Realistically she was able to re-join the team as some of those girls left for the ECNL team, they'd been playing both and it really wasn't fair to the team.
She must be really good. Gabby does it more for fun and to be part of a team. I just wish she could do it for AYSO. Her team this year hasn't won a game but none of them seem to mind. It's crazy. They practice 3x a week and play once a week and lose and lose and never seem to get upset. Its bizarre.

Quote:
This year really, they are tracking in the upper third of their bracket. Not a shoe in by any stretch of the imagination. They "should" make it to the semi's but you never know. Both Jeff and I will be shocked if they are in the finals. Which sounds awful, they are capable of it, but I just don't see it happening.
It doesn't sound awful especially after what I wrote above.

Quote:
Given that I find it very interesting that coach is so sure we are going. The team did go back in 2008 and Kendall was on the team then. If memory serves there were some restrictions but I don't recall what (we didn't go, the flights were over $800 at the time! so her mom went, took T and they made it their vacation...which was pretty boring for T a lot of the time but I digress). I do know she took a surfing lesson but that may well have been after they got knocked out of the tournament. Which was swift and early.

Well I hope if they go you're able to join her and can take on a week in Hawaii but I see how it makes more sense for her mother to take her.

Quote:
Camps, any camps are crazy. I think the cheapest one we are looking at is $325 for the boys. I'd probably take a 4 day camp for $450 over a 3 day tournament that means plane fare and hotel and then the rest is in the very high club fees....
Yeah Jew Camp is $2000K before flights but it is for two weeks. Gabby is working so she gets 4 weeks for the same price. Thankfully I had a bunch of SW points and booked their way home using those. I paid cash (or plastic) for their way there. Joshua is set to fly alone and it makes me nervous. Thankfully he's still considered an unaccompanied minor and the $50 I had to pay is well worth the piece of mind.

Quote:
I have no idea. Right now all that is intact is the vet, the soccer field and the school. There is an airport, fire station, post office, police station, grocery store, bus stop as well but they are all in pieces. Boys were supposedly trying to reconstruct but sounds like it isn't going very well. We had a bunch of the castle stuff too but gave that to my nephews in Germany. I may see if they want any of this...not sure.
Very cool. I'm sure you will get a bundle for it if jeff wants to part with it.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm just not comfortable with giving out my address, period. Which is a bit of a bummer as the playmobil set is on a great train table that I also need to sell and that's definitely too big to ship anywhere.
I hear ya. I should be more cautious.

Quote:
I was REALLY hoping Eric would pick church camp as then they would be gone at the same time. Right now it looks like Evan has 1 week at Church Camp and 1 week at a Young Life Camp. Which is also church camp lol. Eric has 1 week at Scout camp and then had his choice between a week long scout 50 mile raft trip or Church camp and it seems he is leaning towards the raft trip. He can't do both as they overlap by a day plus I can't afford both. Heck, I'm not sure I can afford all 4 as it is, I'm only officially committed to 2 of them.
What kind of church if you don't mind me asking? Two camps sounds like fun and a week at each sounds perfect. Chloe said she'd go to Jewish Camp but 2 weeks is too long. They don't offer a one week option though so she's out of luck. She says two weeks is too long however she has no issue going to AZ for two weeks to be with her bestie. Hmmm......

Quote:
They look great! And it is NOT silly to get jazzed over them.
I'm on them right now, Mac in lap, and petting them.

Quote:
Denny knows because I outlined how we are going to use our APs for the following scenarios - June 13 October 13 May 14 (girls trip) versus October 13 May 14 (girls) October 14 (if our June trip cancels, which I think it is).

I love it. Keep me posted. I;m really going to try to tagalong. I got the okay and as far as I can tell, I've got nothing major next May. Joshua's bar mitzvah is this October so after that I am mitzvah freeeeeee!!!!

Quote:
Jenny - I love your new chairs. They are gorgeous and look so comfy.

They are so comfortable, I love them. They're so new and they smell so good. Joshua wanted to do his homework in one but I had to be an anal freak at first and said no. No writing utensils on the new blue leather.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:02 PM   #1177
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
I need to go read!

Quote:
It never feels like enough to me either. I could go away every other weekend and be perfectly happy. Except for the unpacking. I hate unpacking. Packing is so much more fun. Unpacking is just a reminder that in the next day or two, reality hits.
I am HORRIBLE about unpacking, it takes at least a week, often longer

Quote:
Bummer, that would have been fun had they kept in touch. I think FB isn't so popular for the teens anymore. It's all about Twitter, Instagram, and SnapChat for my girls. Gabby deleted her FB and Chloe rarely gets on hers. They tweet constantly though. It moves a lot faster than FB Gabby says though I'm not very familiar with it.
exactly, snapchat, instagram and twitter.

Quote:
They're all the same. Michael doesn't DIS either but I like to show him pictures and read him stuff when we're both ipadding in bed. He will sometimes read over my shoulder though he won't admit it.
LOL! EXACTLY the same.

Quote:
She must be really good. Gabby does it more for fun and to be part of a team. I just wish she could do it for AYSO. Her team this year hasn't won a game but none of them seem to mind. It's crazy. They practice 3x a week and play once a week and lose and lose and never seem to get upset. Its bizarre.

It doesn't sound awful especially after what I wrote above.

Well I hope if they go you're able to join her and can take on a week in Hawaii but I see how it makes more sense for her mother to take her.
She hopes to play in college. We will see. So far we have 2 D2 schools expressing real interest. Unfortunately neither are really exactly what she is looking for academically, though one is probably a very solid backup plan and one it an outstanding school...just not what she is looking for so that's a bit of a bummer. For what she is interested in academically...she's got to get those SAT scores WAY up. GPA is there but the practice test she took was not encouraging.

Jeff will likely handle some of the summer college visits and ID camps and IF the team goes to Hawaii, her mom will do that but I really don't see Hawaii happening.

Quote:
Yeah Jew Camp is $2000K before flights but it is for two weeks. Gabby is working so she gets 4 weeks for the same price. Thankfully I had a bunch of SW points and booked their way home using those. I paid cash (or plastic) for their way there. Joshua is set to fly alone and it makes me nervous. Thankfully he's still considered an unaccompanied minor and the $50 I had to pay is well worth the piece of mind.

What kind of church if you don't mind me asking? Two camps sounds like fun and a week at each sounds perfect. Chloe said she'd go to Jewish Camp but 2 weeks is too long. They don't offer a one week option though so she's out of luck. She says two weeks is too long however she has no issue going to AZ for two weeks to be with her bestie. Hmmm......
That's cool, mine don't have to fly so that is something. There are 2 local options that our church goes to, but both are driving, one just a lot farther than the other (so I pick the closer one!). Nope, don't mind you asking Church camp is through the UCC church which is an O&A Christian Church (Open and Affirming). Basically uber liberal Protestant. Young Life, if you aren't familiar with it is a non denominational Christian youth organization. I went to it in HS and one of their summer camps and it really was an amazing experience. It's kind of cute as Evan stumbled across Young Life all on his own, through his friends, as I did and it just makes me smile.

Quote:
I love it. Keep me posted. I;m really going to try to tagalong. I got the okay and as far as I can tell, I've got nothing major next May. Joshua's bar mitzvah is this October so after that I am mitzvah freeeeeee!!!!
I am holding you to this you realize

Quote:
They are so comfortable, I love them. They're so new and they smell so good. Joshua wanted to do his homework in one but I had to be an anal freak at first and said no. No writing utensils on the new blue leather.
OMG I wouldn't allow it either! Reading....yes.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #1178
rentayenta

Quote:
I need to go read!

It was a pretty great day. Next is 1901.

Quote:
I am HORRIBLE about unpacking, it takes at least a week, often longer

A week? I don't like it but I'm done the night we get home. It takes a while to do the laundry though. The laundry after is always overwhelming.

Quote:
exactly, snapchat, instagram and twitter.

Gabby tells me the FB is for old people. Creep. I have an Instagram and like it.

Quote:
She hopes to play in college. We will see. So far we have 2 D2 schools expressing real interest. Unfortunately neither are really exactly what she is looking for academically, though one is probably a very solid backup plan and one it an outstanding school...just not what she is looking for so that's a bit of a bummer. For what she is interested in academically...she's got to get those SAT scores WAY up. GPA is there but the practice test she took was not encouraging.

Its so anxiety producing but at least she's got options. Are they talking scholarships? That would be great. Where are the schools?

I'll never understand the importance they place on SAT scores. They are in part a very unfair way to predict who will succeed and who won't.

Quote:
That's cool, mine don't have to fly so that is something. There are 2 local options that our church goes to, but both are driving, one just a lot farther than the other (so I pick the closer one!). Nope, don't mind you asking Church camp is through the UCC church which is an O&A Christian Church (Open and Affirming). Basically uber liberal Protestant. Young Life, if you aren't familiar with it is a non denominational Christian youth organization. I went to it in HS and one of their summer camps and it really was an amazing experience. It's kind of cute as Evan stumbled across Young Life all on his own, through his friends, as I did and it just makes me smile.

Thats very nice that you both found the same group on your own. Meaningful and wonderful. Both sound amazing. We're uber liberal too. Reform Judaism is very open, fluid, transparent, and I like that.

Quote:

I'm serious you realize. It sounds like so much fun. I'm loving your girls trip report even though I'm still very behind.

Quote:
OMG I wouldn't allow it either! Reading....yes.

Yes, they are for reading only. I told Michael that. He thinks I'm bananas but no one is writing in my chairs.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:30 AM   #1179
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Me too!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #1180
rentayenta

Quote:
Me too!

in the infamous words of Pitch Perfect, I'm totes in. Do you have fairly firm dates?

Old 04-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #1181
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Quote:
in the infamous words of Pitch Perfect, I'm totes in. Do you have fairly firm dates?
I am watching that movie right now. I love your new chairs they look really nice and I love the pop of orange.

pooh'smate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #1182
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post

I am watching that movie right now. I love your new chairs they look really nice and I love the pop of orange.
Accabelieveit! It's going to be a total cult classic. We watch it once a week. Crude in some parts but I like that.

Thank you, I really like the chairs too. I'm having one replaced tomorrow. Some of the stitching is loose and I want it perfect- lol! I'm sure my dogs or kids will ruin it but I'd like it to at least arrive without a snag.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:20 PM   #1183
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Quote:
Accabelieveit! It's going to be a total cult classic. We watch it once a week. Crude in some parts but I like that.

Thank you, I really like the chairs too. I'm having one replaced tomorrow. Some of the stitching is loose and I want it perfect- lol! I'm sure my dogs or kids will ruin it but I'd like it to at least arrive without a snag.
It is going to be one of those movies that I will watch whenever I see it on, also Crazy, Stupid, Love I am watching that one now. I don't blame you I would expect that something I bought would come without a defect.

pooh'smate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:12 AM   #1184
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
It is going to be one of those movies that I will watch whenever I see it on, also Crazy, Stupid, Love I am watching that one now. I don't blame you I would expect that something I bought would come without a defect.

I agree, it wasn't on sale or a floor model, it shouldn't have a defect.

It is really a funny movie. PG13 has come along way. I can't believe it's not R rated.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #1185
rentayenta

After checking out our gorgeous 2 bedroom SV villa at Kidani we grabbed a snack and headed over to AK. They had evening EMH from 5p-8p and I was so looking forward to seeing AK at dusk. I am a sunset junkie. If youíre my FB friend, you know this. During our last trip to So Cal over Spring Break I watched 4 sunsets on the beach. It doesnít get any better for me than watching the sunset especially over a body of water. The sun, not me.

Waiting for the bus:

We were meeting Jenna et al there too. We arrived at AK and were so excited but forgot to take any entrance photos. I know, bad DISer. The park wasnít crowded at all. It was lovely and it had cooled down some. AK is stunning anytime but I have to say that evening is my favorite. We enjoyed it so much. I would move park days around just to experience it again. In fact, I changed our plans once I found out we'd get the chance to have an AK EMH option.

Of course we went straight to EE and I took a ceiling shot. I have no idea why.

And some other shots all with my cell:

Iím generally not brave enough to take my cell out of my pocket but for some reason, maybe it was the AK magic, I took a walk on the wild side:

I even turned around:

Clearly not brave enough to go *no hands* though:

EE is brilliant. Its such a great attraction from the queue to the end, it keeps our attention.

Next we headed for some Safari action. Lights off:

Lights on:

It was officially becoming dusk. Why do Disney lights make everything better?

The next shots are all of Safari. Iíll post the ones from my cell first. Iíll let you know, though youíll probably be able to tell, when they are camera shots.

Iím not sure if this was by accident or if I was being edgy.

Happy as a hippo (or two):

The Falls:

Feeding time:

So long and beautiful:

Elephant butt:

Mufasa. Say it again....

The next set of photos, Michael took with the camera. Weíve been on Safari so many times but we just canít help taking far too many photos. He gets a little nuts with the angles etc but I like them.

Continued in next post.....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: