Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #76
Drfate102
Mouseketeer

I don't think you could put a water show there at DTD. It is open fresh water in Flordia. Small gator or snake gets vaulted 60 to 70 feet in the air.

I've eaten at 140 out of 245

Last edited by Drfate102; 04-26-2013 at 12:59 PM. Reason: typo correction
Drfate102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #77
Postal68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post

Avatar in DAK: Gives the park a E-ticket that would allow full-day customers reasons to expand park hours and increase capacity. Keeps people in the park longer which leads to more merchandise sales. (major cost/major benefit)
How is Avatarland going to be an E-Ticket? It doesn't even pique my interest in the least bit. In fact it makes me less likely to visit AK.
Postal68 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #78
Postal68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
The Forums Shops by Caesars in Vegas have their statute shows. The mall connected to Planet Hollywood has their tropical thunderstorm. The Pier Shops in Atlantic City has a $7 million dollar water show.

that crap was 7 million dollars??????
Postal68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:15 PM   #79
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal68 View Post
How is Avatarland going to be an E-Ticket? It doesn't even pique my interest in the least bit. In fact it makes me less likely to visit AK.
The interest of an individual does not dictate the whole...

An "E-Ticket" would be dictacted by the overall popularity of an attraction in the end. Avatarland itself is not the attraction, but the area. We don't know what attraction(s) will be part of it.

But regardless of the theme, if you put a good attraction there, people will go to it.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #80
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I was surprised at that as well. It is nice to sit and watch, but it doesn't seem like it would be that expensive to create.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:32 PM   #81
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A ride that actually makes you want to NOT go to the rest of the theme park?

I don't know how anyone can dismiss anything out of hand that way. I have a friend whose whole family HATES on Harry Potter something fierce, and they LOVED the IoA stuff. So, how about waiting until you actually know what it is before declaring your hatred.

Regardless I think maybe you missed the point, I wasn't trying to detemine whether anyone LIKES the idea or not. I was trying to illustrate that the base reasoning behind it - being financial - has to be sound before you can assess the likelyhood of it actually happening as a method for assessing a rumor.

I'll give one more example: The re-do of the Imagination Pavillion. This has been and off-and-on rumor for years. It hasn't proven to be true. However, the logic behind the rumor: A moderate investment that would take a partially empty pavilion that is sparsely attended and allow it to instead attract attendance has sound logic, and therefore I would give the rumor more credence if I hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
But regardless of the theme, if you put a good attraction there, people will go to it.
This.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #82
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael623
How could you title your post "official" when it is a clearly unsubstantiated rumor? With only 8 posts under your belt your going to develop a reputation very quickly.
Just to try to suck you in...

It worked
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #83
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal68
x2

Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

Old 04-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #84
PorterRedkey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrincessKendall View Post
Legit the people on here attacking the OP have no lives.

Listen people this is a public forum to talk about Disney in every aspect and share information, rumors, fun facts, ideas and so on.

The fact that you are legit getting nasty over the word "official" y'all are strung way to tight.

Lay off the poster and enjoy the forum like the rest of us. Comment on anything you want but you do not have to be rude in the process.

So what she/he said its official via a cast member. The poster was just making the rumor known hence the rumor forum!
DISlike!
I think their heart was in the right place. Just say it's a rumor. I have a feeling the poster didn't know that CM's are often wrong or give misleading information. So I give them a pass.

As for your post, saying people have no lives is not the nicest thing to say either. So I guess in your mind, it is bad to criticize someone for posted a misleading post, but saying forum members have no lives is okay. That is weird to me.

I hope the poster learns from this, and becomes a great contributor to this site and I hope you do as well.
Peace.

Last edited by PorterRedkey; 04-26-2013 at 07:05 PM. Reason: more info.
PorterRedkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #85
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ok, I work in the Pier Shops at Caesars (at least until my CP starts in 2 weeks), and let me tell you, that water show is not worth the money that was put into it. I watch it every day on break and it's complete crap and most of the time there are 7 or 8 lights that are out.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #86
disneycrazi
watch your head and step as you disembark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen0504 View Post
Wow I feel bad for the original poster!! Last time I checked this is an open forum for people who love Disney to be able to feel welcome amongst other people who love Disney. I'm sure intentions were good, and I'm sure they will now be leery to post anything in the future. I recommended Dis Forums to my sister, and she just joined yesterday. After seeing the reactions to this post she is now hesitant to ever post anything on here. She has stated that she thought this forum was supposed to be "Magical".
Agree 100%
(2003 Day Trip) (2009 April All Star Movies) (2009 September Port Orleans Riverside) (2010 April Caribbean Beach) (2010 Sept Grand Gathering POFQ) (2011 Jan Contemporary) (2011 April All Star Music) (2011 July POP Century) (2012 January All Star Sports)
(2012 Feb One More Disney Day Coronado Springs)
(2012 Sept Animal Kingdom Jambo) (2013 March Old Key West) (2013 October Art Of Animation, Polynesian)
(2014 April off site Fountains Resort)
disneycrazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #87
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

The 7 million dollar figure came from their website. Maybe it's exaggerated to make the show seem more impressive. Maybe it includes a figure for the shows share of the malls construction costs, per square foot. Maybe that kind of fountain and light show is more expensive then we think.

I've seen the show. It's certainly worth what I spent to see it. It's an OK way to take a few minute break. Have a cup of coffee. I don't think it's as bad as some of the PP think but it's certainly not as impressive as the mall claims. Is it worth a special trip. NOT. Is it worth walking over if you're already in the mall. YES, but maybe only once.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #88
SkaGoat
DIS Veteran

There is no way re-creating World of Colour in Florida would cost anywhere near 100 million dollars..... The original in Cali may have cost that much, but getting it going in Florida would be a fraction of the original cost, especially if it was almost an exact replica.
SkaGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #89
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniegirl19
if I'm wrong i apologize I'm just saying what someone told me... to me i don't think it seems likely either but who knows with disney we will see
I think this and all rumors can be evaluated on a couple by a couple of simple questions:

1. Rate the sources chances of being correct
2. Does this rumor help Disney maintain revenue/profit?
3. Does this rumor allow for Disney to make new revenues/profits?

In this case - the answers are:
1. Bad to terrible
2. No
3. No

...and there you go

Old 04-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #90
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachilles View Post
Agreed it would be too expensive for Disney springs considering the lack of admission. However, I could see them putting some type of evening show as draw to the area, to help drive commerce.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Hmm...they _could_ do this, if they wanted to make DTD/DS a bigger draw to the locals/offsite visitors, with the hope of boosting traffic/revenue at the surrounding shops and restaurants. I'm sure none of the tenants would say no...
I know they could put in an eclectic mix of nightclubs and charge admission to the area maybe include it on the WPF&M. Then every night they would celebrate NYE with fireworks.

Just off the top of my head here is a list, feel free to add to it:
  • A 1970s and 1980s themed dance club.
  • A 1930s-style British explorers' club that features a staff of flamboyant characters portrayed by improv actors. (on second thought forget this one never going to be popular)
  • A hip-hop and R&B dance club
  • A club featuring live country music bands.
  • An outdoor dance party featuring DJs and cast members known as the Party Team.
  • A nightclub which featuring an improv comedy troupe. (same situation as the explorers' club theme, never gona work out)
  • A techno-trance multi-story dance club.
  • A dance club with Top 40 music videos.
  • A country music dance club and BBQ restaurant.
  • A club featuring live jazz musicians.
  • A rock-themed dance club which features live bands.

Can't miss.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: