Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #1936
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoRex View Post
Hello everyone! This is my first time posting on the WBPC thread. I can't wait until May 6th. I thought I would throw out this idea to see if anyone is interested. I am a graduate student and I am always interested in learning new things! I compare results from earth based studies to data brought back by Mars orbiters and the Mars rovers. I also know quite a bit about the Opportunity and Curiousity rovers. I would love to share/discuss my research if anyone is interested and it would be great to hear about other topics! I can't wait to hang out with Mickey and the gang!
Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCTigger View Post
First of all...WELCOME! Make sure you check out the first page of this thread to find out all that is going on. If you could make it to the meet the first day, it would help to know who is who. My dad is sailing with us, and you might find him interesting to talk with. He is/was an aeronautical engineer at Lockheed. He helped design the propulsion units for several of the Apollo missions. Not quite rovers, but I'm sure it could be some interesting conversation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherLOVESmickey View Post
It is so amazingly kind of you to be willing to share. I wish I had interest because I can tell that you have a lot of passion for the topic and I love to listen to people who have such great passion but I have no interest in space. I know that seems crazy... My husband thinks I'm nuts (not saying I'm not... )! But I just wanted to say how awesome I think it is that you'd be willing to share your research with us. And even though I am not interested I'm glad you put it out there! I will pass this off to my husband though, he might like to hear what you have to say over a beer or something.
That would be my husband. He HANGS on every word of the rocket launches while I just wish it would be over so I could go back to what I was doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post
. . . This trip was booked solely as a 'bucket list' for my mother, who is 77. When the Florida rates came out, it was just too good an opportunity to pass up. . . . Nancy
GOOD for Your mom! But I must say, Nancy - your list makes me feel . . . TIRED!

We got an offer on our house today
Old 04-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #1937
sharan56
Mouseketeer

Well I keep thinking if I don't write it then it won't be so but alas I have concluded that's not going to work. I got news today that I will be under going emergency eye surgery on Saturday to reattach my retina and repair a retina tear also. After boo hooing about it all day I'm sad to say the Fosbinders will be canceling our trip. I begged and pleaded to no avail for postponement but dr said NO! Can I have a miracle please ... I so want to go.
sharan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #1938
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
Welcome

That would be my husband. He HANGS on every word of the rocket launches while I just wish it would be over so I could go back to what I was doing.

GOOD for Your mom! But I must say, Nancy - your list makes me feel . . . TIRED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan56 View Post
Well I keep thinking if I don't write it then it won't be so but alas I have concluded that's not going to work. I got news today that I will be under going emergency eye surgery on Saturday to reattach my retina and repair a retina tear also. After boo hooing about it all day I'm sad to say the Fosbinders will be canceling our trip. I begged and pleaded to no avail for postponement but dr said NO! Can I have a miracle please ... I so want to go.
So sorry to hear this! Timing is everything, isn't it?

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:33 PM   #1939
Disneypeach
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm so sorry to hear this...

hope the operation goes well for you!
Lynda

Disneypeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #1940
Namsupak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome

Great news! Yay! Have you heard anything back about the HUD house? I know those things usually take a while. At least now worries about sellng the old house now

Quote:
So sorry to hear you won't be traveling with us. Hope you have a speedy recovery and everything goes well

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Namsupak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:36 PM   #1941
Brixton
From the world's best Eco-Village all the way to the Wonder

Quote:
I'm sad not to meet the other Shelby. I wish you a speedy, painless recovery and hope your surgery goes well! There's always the 2014 WBPC????

~Shelby

WONDERful Land/Sea; WONDERful Pixar 2012; WONDERful WBPC 2013; WONDERful Bahamas 2014; WONDERful EBPC 2014; DL AP's since...forever
Brixton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:48 PM   #1942
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
We are above and next door to you 7018 and like you not keen on the connecting bit. Why do you like the front of the ship? I only ask because we like nearer the back though not right at the back. This is our first time at the front.

Marilyn, we are next door in 7020.

Last edited by Mom323; 04-26-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:08 AM   #1943
corbett744
Mouseketeer

ESFC You are right beside us. It's nice to have friends close by

I know htere wasw some discussion earlier about what is the best products to make door magnets. Can someone refresh my memory?
Thanks. Cindi.
2013 July Holland American Canadian Cruise
May 2013 Wonder WBPC
May 2012 Diamond Princess-Alaska15 day cruise tour
July 2011 Magic 11 night Mediterranean
May 2010 Coral Princess Alaska 11 day cruise tour
April 2010 Magic Trans Atlantic Eastbound
December 2008 Magic 3 night Bahamas
April 2006 RCCL Western Carribean
April 2002 Magic 7 night Carribean
June 2001 Wonder 4 night Bahamas with
Girl Scouts
February 2000 Magic 4 night Bahamas
corbett744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:51 AM   #1944
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbett744 View Post
I know htere wasw some discussion earlier about what is the best products to make door magnets. Can someone refresh my memory?
Thanks. Cindi.
We print on card stock, laminate in our home machine, and then tape or glue magnets to the back.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:56 AM   #1945
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
I am SO sorry to hear that You'll be really glad though, when your recovery is over and you can SEE! Come on the WBTA 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namsupak View Post
Great news! Yay! Have you heard anything back about the HUD house? I know those things usually take a while. At least now worries about sellng the old house now
. . .
Oh, did I forget to say? My bad. We won the bid on the HUD house. It needs lots of work, but it's virtually identical in floor plan to the house we wanted to build but couldn't afford, AND in a much better location. Having a contract on the old house is a huge weight off our shoulders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brixton View Post
I'm sad not to meet the other Shelby. I wish you a speedy, painless recovery and hope your surgery goes well! There's always the 2014 WBPC????

~Shelby
I second it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbett744 View Post
ESFC You are right beside us. It's nice to have friends close by

Thanks. Cindi.
I like "vent covers" from the HVAC department at lowes or HD. They are STRONG magnets.

Happy Day, all!
Old 04-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #1946
Politzania
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post
But yes, a lot of odds and ends. I have a long list.
Nancy
You're going to need a vacation after all that!

LindaBabe - CONGRATS! Both on the offer and putting in a bit - bet that's a huge weight off your mind!

sharan56 - Oh no! So sorry to hear this - best wishes for an easy surgery & quick recovery - eye issues are scarey stuff!

Getting all our ducks in a row - prescriptions refilled & printouts of important documents (cruise check-in docos. insurance policies, copies of passports) done.

Still to do: Finish up one of the FE gifts, make a couple of minor purchases and do the final whittle-down of clothes.

Still trying to decide if we're going to the MDR on the second semi-formal or duck out to Beach Blanket Buffet that evening. I guess it depends on our servers and/or tablemates.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #1947
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table

Still to do

• Get rid of the nasty cold I woke up with this morning - arrrgh!
  • Buy a few last odds and ends
  • Pack
  • Give my dear mom a refresher course on how to catsit our three furballs
  • Hope that the FE I ordered will arrive on time - otherwise I will have to hang up a completely undecorated Ikea one!
  • Work another three days
  • And that's it!!

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)
2015: Eastbound Transatlantic (Magic, 15 nights)

annichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #1948
sharan56
Mouseketeer

I'm thinking of dressing formal here at the house on one of those nights. After all I bought a special dress for the occasion and I hate to waste it. Lol....my husband owns three boats so I could just sit at a table on the back of one and pretend I was cruising. Do you think he would be upset if I used a permanant marker to draw Mickey on the side and write Wonder under it. The Wonder would be if I was still alive if it did... Ha ha. Maybe I should use erasable markers instead.

[QUOTE=Politzania;48218431]You're going to need a vacation after all that!

LindaBabe - CONGRATS! Both on the offer and putting in a bit - bet that's a huge weight off your mind!

sharan56 - Oh no! So sorry to hear this - best wishes for an easy surgery & quick recovery - eye issues are scarey stuff!

Getting all our ducks in a row - prescriptions refilled & printouts of important documents (cruise check-in docos. insurance policies, copies of passports) done.

Still to do: Finish up one of the FE gifts, make a couple of minor purchases and do the final whittle-down of clothes.

Still trying to decide if we're going to the MDR on the second semi-formal or duck out to Beach Blanket Buffet that evening. I guess it depends on our servers and/or tablemates.[/QUOTE]
Old 04-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #1949
sharan56
Mouseketeer

All you DISers that watch the prices and you see another deal like this one please email me. I don't always get updates. By the way Shelby told me the Amazing Race came thru Epcot last week. Two of the girls stopped to ask her where the place was they were trying to find. She was so excited
My email is sharanfosbinder@gmail.com

Quote:
I am SO sorry to hear that You'll be really glad though, when your recovery is over and you can SEE! Come on the WBTA 2014.

Oh, did I forget to say? My bad. We won the bid on the HUD house. It needs lots of work, but it's virtually identical in floor plan to the house we wanted to build but couldn't afford, AND in a much better location. Having a contract on the old house is a huge weight off our shoulders.

I second it!

I like "vent covers" from the HVAC department at lowes or HD. They are STRONG magnets.

Happy Day, all!
Old 04-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #1950
Namsupak
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Happy Day, all!
Yay! Congrats! How exciting. Maybe I can live through you. I want to move and have for a few years but due to multiple circumstances it just isn't happening. DH seems to just want to build an addition to our current home. We really should go on "Love it or List it". It would take a ton to make me love it.

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Namsupak is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: