Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
Diz Kids
Mouseketeer

Are the rooms I see when booking the only ones available?

If I go into the booking section for a Disney cruise and select my category, are the rooms they show actually the only ones available? We are debating booking now and there don't seem to be too many left in the category we want. You can enter a room number, but I figured it may take me a while to use this option to find out if those listed are the only ones avail.

TIA!

Diz Kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diz Kids View Post
If I go into the booking section for a Disney cruise and select my category, are the rooms they show actually the only ones available? We are debating booking now and there don't seem to be too many left in the category we want. You can enter a room number, but I figured it may take me a while to use this option to find out if those listed are the only ones avail.

TIA!
If you are looking for a specific room number, like we always look for 7570 you can enter that number, or a couple either way. If it doesn't show you the room you request, it is booked. If you want a specific place on the ship, and the room numbers aren't showing, I would just make the call. They can let you know what rooms are available ir you want to get a specific area.

that's what I do anyway.

2014 - 5 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Fantasy, 1-Magic
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-7, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-4:
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 10, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(24) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #3
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Someone recently pointed me to Travelocity in order to see actual cabins that are still available for booking when only GTY shows up through DCL.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #4
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

That was the instance for us. One day, there were interior rooms available at a certain price point. Literally, the next morning, their weren't. I called in person to make sure, but that was the next cheapest available. It was the one with the veranda.

I liked my CVP with Disney. I would use her again as she helped a lot with extra planning stuff (like several credit cards to reserve) and several different rooms all adjoining but paid separately etc.

But yeah I think if it stops showing it, it's not available anymore...
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diz Kids View Post

TIA!
When you go to the room selection option, it will list up to 8 rooms for each deck (if that category of rooms is on multiple decks).

If 8 rooms are showing, then there are probably more available. You just use the box and enter the room you are interested in. If that room is not available, you will know because it will pop up with a different room number instead.

If less than 8 are listed, most likely that is all that remains that can be booked before it goes to GTY.

(that is my understanding, at least).
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #6
tinyteen19401
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskigrl View Post

When you go to the room selection option, it will list up to 8 rooms for each deck (if that category of rooms is on multiple decks).

If 8 rooms are showing, then there are probably more available. You just use the box and enter the room you are interested in. If that room is not available, you will know because it will pop up with a different room number instead.

If less than 8 are listed, most likely that is all that remains that can be booked before it goes to GTY.

(that is my understanding, at least).
What does GTY mean? And why they go to GTY? We just booked a GTY but only be issue that was what was left on the deck we wanted.
tinyteen19401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #7
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyteen19401 View Post
What does GTY mean? And why they go to GTY? We just booked a GTY but only be issue that was what was left on the deck we wanted.
When a certain percentage of rooms within a specific category are reserved, the category goes GTY (guarantee). You can still book a specific category (like 5A or 9C), but you cannot select a specific room. Your room will be assigned later. DCL does this (as to most major cruiselines) to make it easier for them to fill the ship.

You are guaranteed that you will have at least your category of room or higher assigned to you.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #8
tinyteen19401
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post

When a certain percentage of rooms within a specific category are reserved, the category goes GTY (guarantee). You can still book a specific category (like 5A or 9C), but you cannot select a specific room. Your room will be assigned later. DCL does this (as to most major cruiselines) to make it easier for them to fill the ship.

You are guaranteed that you will have at least your category of room or higher assigned to you.
Thank you.
tinyteen19401 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: