Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #736
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichVick View Post
I'm sorry if this has already been asked - but here goes I am travelling with a group of 4 (all adults) we are staying at the AOA and we have already booked for the week of Sept 8-15th - between two of us we have already paid more than the 200.00 deposit. If our travel agent calls Disney on May 9th to add the free dining or rebook with the dining do we risk losing any of the money that we have already paid?
You won't lose any money, but "rebooking" will depend on your current reservation. If you are booked under a room only reservation, your reservation will have to be canceled and you eill have to be rebooked under a package reservation that includes room tickets and dining. They will refund your money, but they will not transfer that money to the new package reservation, and it can take up to 2 billing cycles to receive the refund. You would have to put down a new $200 minimum deposit for the package reservation.

If you are already booked under a package reservation at AOA your TA will simply call and have the FD discount applied to your existing reservation - no rebooking. Even if you had to change resorts and dates, you still wouldn't have to rebook or cancel.

If you are hoping to get a FD discount applied to the Little Mermaid rooms, I would have a back up room category or resort, because I doubt there will be many of those rooms available under the FD promo.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #737
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
You won't lose any money, but "rebooking" will depend on your current reservation. If you are booked under a room only reservation, your reservation will have to be canceled and you eill have to be rebooked under a package reservation that includes room tickets and dining. They will refund your money, but they will not transfer that money to the new package reservation, and it can take up to 2 billing cycles to receive the refund. You would have to put down a new $200 minimum deposit for the package reservation.

If you are already booked under a package reservation at AOA your TA will simply call and have the FD discount applied to your existing reservation - no rebooking. Even if you had to change resorts and dates, you still wouldn't have to rebook or cancel.

If you are hoping to get a FD discount applied to the Little Mermaid rooms, I would have a back up room category or resort, because I doubt there will be many of those rooms available under the FD promo.
They actually CAN transfer the money but they hate doing it because it calls for more paperwork , so they will tell you they can't. I talked to a CM who told me to insist on it or ask to talk to one who can do it for me and ever since then I have never had an issue and they always transfer the money. But they play dumb because they want as little paperwork as possible.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #738
RIbutler
Earning My Ears

Hi--apologies if this has been asked already...
We are currently booked in the Poly Club Level. Are those room types eligible for this offer?
Also, when we put in our $200 deposit, we used a different credit card than our Disney Visa. Will we need to put some money on the Disney Visa in order to take advantage of the offer during Disney Visa enrollment time frame?

Thanks in advance!

Dave
RIbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #739
TARAMEOW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maa View Post
For what it's worth, I called today to ask about cancelling and booking with a TA to save $600 on our 8/14-8/21 trip. The CM I spoke with suggested that I wait and call back on May 10...
Wow that's really interesting too bad I already changed my dates to September but I hope there is good news for the people going in August

TARAMEOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:12 PM   #740
summerlady
DIS Veteran

Just pulled the trigger and booked POFQ for September 15th with my Disney Visa card. Now I just gotta call when the FD offer comes out.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~POFQ September 2015~
summerlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #741
saradela
DIS Veteran

Unhappy Oh, NOOOO!!!!

I'm traveling to Disney on September and our arrival date is the 28th!
Do you know if there is anyway they accept me for the dinning plan for me arriving at that date? We planned around those dates to actually get the plan.

We are staying up until the 5th of October and there is no way we can change plane tickets because they only travel on Saturdays (Nasty Mexican Airline) so they charge super-high!
We are a family of 6. Any suggestions?
Old 04-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #742
MichVick
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the info - we have booked the entire package - room at finding Nemo suite, with dining package. Also if we wanted to upgrade from quick service to regular dining - since we are only entitled to the free quick service plan what is the cost to do this?
Old 04-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #743
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saradela View Post
Do you know if there is anyway they accept me for the dinning plan for me arriving at that date? We planned around those dates to actually get the plan.

We are staying up until the 5th of October and there is no way we can change plane tickets because they only travel on Saturdays (Nasty Mexican Airline) so they charge super-high!
Unfortunately, you will not be able to take advantage of this offer. Hopefully the next offer will include your dates. Best of luck to you!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #744
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by maa View Post
For what it's worth, I called today to ask about cancelling and booking with a TA to save $600 on our 8/14-8/21 trip. The CM I spoke with suggested that I wait and call back on May 10...
ooooo! That CM can get in BIG trouble for doing that. He/She broke several rules doing that. Interesting.......
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #745
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIbutler View Post
Hi--apologies if this has been asked already...
We are currently booked in the Poly Club Level. Are those room types eligible for this offer?
Also, when we put in our $200 deposit, we used a different credit card than our Disney Visa. Will we need to put some money on the Disney Visa in order to take advantage of the offer during Disney Visa enrollment time frame?

Thanks in advance!

Dave
The Poly will be included but some room categories can be blacked out sometimes, just have to wait and see, bit it's always best to have a back up room category and resort.

You will have to put down a minimum $200 deposit/payment with your Disney Visa to have the DV FD code applied to your reservation.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #746
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saradela View Post

No, you will not be eligible for the free dining discount. Your check IN date has to fall within the FD promo dates to receive the discount.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #747
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichVick View Post
Thank you for the info - we have booked the entire package - room at finding Nemo suite, with dining package. Also if we wanted to upgrade from quick service to regular dining - since we are only entitled to the free quick service plan what is the cost to do this?
The cost to upgrade from Quick Service to Regular DDP is about $18 per adult, per night and about $3 per child, per night.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #748
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

Quick Question!!

We're currently booked through AAA for 9/14 through 9/24 at the Contemporary.

We do not have a Disney Visa.

Is the 5/9 for Disney Visa holders? What is the date for non-Disney Visa holders?

Last year, I remember the Free Dining promo was released for Disney Visa holders on a Friday & to the general public the following Monday. (This was the free dining promo that was released in early March 2012 for late summer/early fall.)

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 5 years)
Wendy31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #749
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy31 View Post
Quick Question!!

We're currently booked through AAA for 9/14 through 9/24 at the Contemporary.

We do not have a Disney Visa.

Is the 5/9 for Disney Visa holders? What is the date for non-Disney Visa holders?

Last year, I remember the Free Dining promo was released for Disney Visa holders on a Friday & to the general public the following Monday. (This was the free dining promo that was released in early March 2012 for late summer/early fall.)
Word is that the DV FD offer will open May 6 and I haven't heard anything to the contrary yet.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #750
TARAMEOW
Mouseketeer

I read somewhere that the amount of little mermaid rooms will be limited. Do you think if I call the day the promo comes out I will be able to apply it? I already have my package booked.

TARAMEOW is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: