Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 10:20 PM   #1
paysensmom
DIS Veteran

Light weight stroller with big basket?

We like to bring a soft sided cooler with plastic insert for our drinks, snacks, and lunches into the parks. We have always used a full size grace duo glider. Big basket on that bus I was considering the city mini, but have read that the basket is pretty small. What do you suggest?
Old 04-24-2013, 10:32 PM   #2
Jey12
DIS Veteran

I don't think they make them anymore but on our last 2 disney trips we loved our Peg Perego Aria. I found the basket to be the same size as our graco full size and honestly I liked the basket a lot better. The graco one always snapped down and things would fall out while we were walking. I stopped using the graco after we bought the Peg Perego. Other features I liked about the Peg Perego were the snack tray and cup holder for your child, it is one handed fold (an actual one handed fold, not like other strollers who say this and you can never figure it out.) Also the seat reclined almost all the way back for sleepy little ones, the canopy comes down far enough to cover your child completely from the tray area up and it drives and turns with very little effort on your part. When folded it stands upright and has a small carry handle on the side and only weighs around 10lbs. It's like having a umbrella for convenience and weight plus all of the benefits of a full sized stroller. When boarding the bus we would pull out our stuff from the basket (normally a very large backpack and several other bags) push the fold button on the handle and it folded into itself. Of course we removed the child first. After a few days at WDW I could board the bus and get off the bus and fold and unfold the stroller without stopping. You can usually find these strollers on ebay for less than $100 or really more around the $50 range in excellent condition. I just bought one from craigslist for my sister and her 4 month old and she's in love with it too.

There's the newer version called the Vela. The basket size looks comparable but I am unsure if it has all of the other features of the Aria model, but it might be something to look into as well. Our Aria has lasted through 3 kids, 2 disney trips including airports and normal wear and tear around our city.
Jey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #3
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jey12 View Post
I don't think they make them anymore but on our last 2 disney trips we loved our Peg Perego Aria. I found the basket to be the same size as our graco full size and honestly I liked the basket a lot better. The graco one always snapped down and things would fall out while we were walking. I stopped using the graco after we bought the Peg Perego. Other features I liked about the Peg Perego were the snack tray and cup holder for your child, it is one handed fold (an actual one handed fold, not like other strollers who say this and you can never figure it out.) Also the seat reclined almost all the way back for sleepy little ones, the canopy comes down far enough to cover your child completely from the tray area up and it drives and turns with very little effort on your part. When folded it stands upright and has a small carry handle on the side and only weighs around 10lbs. It's like having a umbrella for convenience and weight plus all of the benefits of a full sized stroller. When boarding the bus we would pull out our stuff from the basket (normally a very large backpack and several other bags) push the fold button on the handle and it folded into itself. Of course we removed the child first. After a few days at WDW I could board the bus and get off the bus and fold and unfold the stroller without stopping. You can usually find these strollers on ebay for less than $100 or really more around the $50 range in excellent condition. I just bought one from craigslist for my sister and her 4 month old and she's in love with it too.

There's the newer version called the Vela. The basket size looks comparable but I am unsure if it has all of the other features of the Aria model, but it might be something to look into as well. Our Aria has lasted through 3 kids, 2 disney trips including airports and normal wear and tear around our city.
Is the Aria lightweight? I've never heard of that one. I'm in the market for a new stroller for Disney so checking the boards.

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:20 AM   #4
Jey12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbear View Post
Is the Aria lightweight? I've never heard of that one. I'm in the market for a new stroller for Disney so checking the boards.
I've only heard it called the Aria. I know there are 2 versions, the older one that is not really one handed fold. You have to pull up 2 tabs on each side of the handle on this one. Then there's the Aria OH, the one I have, and it is an actual one handed fold.
Jey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #5
dsneygirl
My little pirate is here
The mixed drinks always tasted yummy to me

We have a citi min and you could put a small bag in there (larger than a lunchbox, not a cooler) we could carry 6 bottles of water and a couple snacks pretty easily.

It's hard to get in and out though when it is really full.
FW 1980, 1984, 1988, DxL 1992, Canada Pavillon CM July 1997-July 1998, (Met DH at the BeaverTails shack) Off site Feb 1999 Engaged at Cindy's Sept 2000, DL GC Feb 2001, POFQ Sept 2001, Poly June 2002, Off site March 2003, FW Hallowe'en 2003, GF Xmas 2003, DisneyLand Oct 2004, FW May 2005 Joined DVC June 2005 SSR Oct 2005, OKW Dec 2005, DLH Mar 2006,DS's 1st Trip BCV & CBR Oct 2006, VWL & POR Dec 2006, BCV & POR May 2007, BWV & ASM Aug 2007, SSR Oct 2007 VWL Dec 2007, AKL/VWL Sept 2008, March 2009 Pop/BCV, Disney Wonder and AKV/BCV May 2009, AKL/VWL Sept 2009, OKW Dec 2009,Mar 2010 Disney Wonder and BLT, May 2010 AKL, Aug 2010 VWL/BCV,Dec 2010 AKL, Feb 2011 Disney Dream/VWL, May 2011 BLT, Sept 2011 VGC, Oct 2011 SSR, Aulani June 2012, BCV/VWL Sept 2012, AKV/BLT Sept 2013, Dec 2013 VWL/DisneyDream, Aug 2014 SSR/AKL, Nov 2014 VGC
(me)(DH)(DS 7) (DS 2)

dsneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #6
rjb123
Mouseketeer

We have a maclaren and it has a decent sized basket. That said it is not even CLOSE to what you have now with the duo glider!! It has served our needs well though.
rjb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:59 PM   #7
todzwife
There's nothing worse than walking around with a wet butt

Valco snap!

I can fit my Ju-Ju-Be BFF in it! We took it to Disney last November and it was great for everyone's stuff!
Old 04-26-2013, 12:11 PM   #8
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Any coolers taken into the theme parks are limited to small six/twelve pack size that will fit into a locker.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #9
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

Better to use an insulated backpack hooked over the handles; much easier to grab it and go when you park the stroller.
NotUrsula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #10
paysensmom
DIS Veteran

The cooler is 12" wide by 11" tall and 9" deep. We don't take the cooler out at all. We just unzip it to grab a bottle of water, snacks or lunch! This is the perfect size we need to fit all of the drinks/food. I guess I may just end up taking my big bulky Chico cortina that came with my car seat.... We are driving, so we won't need to fold it up except for the train at MK, and AK. I SHOULD JUST SUCK IT UP AND SAVE $200 + on a new stroller.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: