Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #751
esquirepd
Earning My Ears

Port Cam

Watching and waiting to see the Magic leave for todays cruise! It's docked...waiting...waiting...

Can't wait!!!

11/24/01-11/28/01 - WDW - Polynesian Resort
5/10/13-5/18/13 - DCL Magic - Galveston
esquirepd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:40 PM   #752
classykids
Earning My Ears

Question Magic May 10 Galveston

We are new to DCL and new to DIS boards. Wonderful place for getting tips and information. We are very excited. It will be my DH, DD-5, and myself. Not doing FE although it sounds fun. We are trying to decide how best to park our car.( Please don't say "Not Running!" )Any ideas? Someone used BOI, anyone else use them or the port parking in Galveston?
classykids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 04:41 PM   #753
classykids
Earning My Ears

Me Too!
Old 04-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #754
classykids
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquirepd View Post
Watching and waiting to see the Magic leave for todays cruise! It's docked...waiting...waiting...

Can't wait!!!
Me too!
Old 04-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #755
classykids
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquirepd View Post

Can't wait!!!
Guess I missed it while I was trying to figure out Dis board posting. Oh well, will experience it firsthand soon!
Old 04-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #756
s232271
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by classykids View Post
We are new to DCL and new to DIS boards. Wonderful place for getting tips and information. We are very excited. It will be my DH, DD-5, and myself. Not doing FE although it sounds fun. We are trying to decide how best to park our car.( Please don't say "Not Running!" )Any ideas? Someone used BOI, anyone else use them or the port parking in Galveston?
we loved BOI and are using them again. (used in March) very easy and right at corner across from Terminal!
s232271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #757
KSLATL
Earning My Ears

Wow, a lot of AF heading out. Got this poor squid outnumbered

Jim[/QUOTE]

You will have my husband...the Marine!
KSLATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #758
beaglefan
TX Cruiser

Anyone that booked a IGT/OGT/VGT room get an assignment yet?

The anticipation is painful! I thought a room was usually assigned about 2 weeks out, but I have heard nothing.

Will we get an e-mail, or should I just keep checking my Disney Cruise account?
beaglefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #759
classykids
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglefan View Post
Anyone that booked a IGT/OGT/VGT room get an assignment yet?

The anticipation is painful! I thought a room was usually assigned about 2 weeks out, but I have heard nothing.

Will we get an e-mail, or should I just keep checking my Disney Cruise account?
Hi! We are waiting too. The response from the Disney CM I asked was it would show up on my reservation page ... usually anywhere from 2 weeks out up to the sail date. I am really hoping it will not be the day we sail that I find out. I've heard Mondays were good for assignments so maybe this Monday after Disney has the weekend to book more cabins. Would be interested in hearing when you receive your assignment.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #760
GArriola
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s232271 View Post
we loved BOI and are using them again. (used in March) very easy and right at corner across from Terminal!
I hadn't heard about BOI until now. Just looked it up and I like the idea of covered parking although DH is very particular about letting others drive our car. We were initially thinking of using ezcruiseparking at the recommendation of a friend. Anyone else have experience with them?
Old 04-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #761
s232271
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GArriola View Post
I hadn't heard about BOI until now. Just looked it up and I like the idea of covered parking although DH is very particular about letting others drive our car. We were initially thinking of using ezcruiseparking at the recommendation of a friend. Anyone else have experience with them?
it's a parking garage and they basically just park it, they drove ours about 10 feet to the parking space, it's small so really not much driving they do.
it was sooo nice to call after i got out of customs and the car was pulled to front of garage and i got in and left, it's litterally right across the street from the port. no shuttle needed.
s232271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #762
golfpccc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GArriola View Post
e
Have used ezcruise about 30 times. Book on line and use promotional code MAY for an $8 discount.
golfpccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #763
OhioInlanders
Earning My Ears

Question Any Packing Tips?

The best tip I came across recently was to pack an overnight bag for the pre-cruise hotel stay that is a separate bag from the main luggage. That way you don't have to unpack and repack everything at the hotel the day before the cruise.

Does anyone have tips for packing booze in our luggage for the flight from Columbus to Houston? We cannot carry it on, so it will go with the checked bags under the plane. We are packing plastic bottles (not glass), so it's less breakable.

Other packing tips?

OhioInlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #764
AntonioOtero
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioInlanders
The best tip I came across recently was to pack an overnight bag for the pre-cruise hotel stay that is a separate bag from the main luggage. That way you don't have to unpack and repack everything at the hotel the day before the cruise.

Does anyone have tips for packing booze in our luggage for the flight from Columbus to Houston? We cannot carry it on, so it will go with the checked bags under the plane. We are packing plastic bottles (not glass), so it's less breakable.

Other packing tips?
We are having the same issue. Preferably, I'd like to purchase the liquor in Houston/Galveston. If you must travel with it, double bag it in ziplock and layer it with clothes. It has worked on return flights from Europe for me.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #765
Zandersmom
time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!

The FE update board is ready for action and will be posted outside of our room # 5524. If you are in the early FE group (A, B, or A/B) and have changes prior to our cruise, please email me at becca.zpack@gmail.com. It's hard to believe that our trip will be here in less than 2 weeks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: