Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
indycindy
Earning My Ears

Breakfast on HS day???

We are doing several character breakfasts, and I am looking for the best breakfast menu close to HS. We are staying at Coronado Springs, but unfortunately the Mayan Grill doesn't have breakfast anymore. I love eggs benedict, restaurant specialties, etc.....

So, what's the fanciest breakfast I can get near HS?

Is the Rainforest Cafe feasible??

Thanks in advance
indycindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #2
AThrillingChase
DIS Veteran

If you really want rainforest cafe, I would try to do it on a morning where you can walk right out of the resto and into AK. The one in DTD is feasible probably...but not that easy. Buses do not run as steadily for DTD in the early AM. Your best bets for HS would probably be the boardwalk resorts, try Cape May or Kouzzina.
2012 - Tokyo Disney Sea
May 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - first solo trip for Wine and Dine! Decided to explore new resorts: CB, YC, POLY
January 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge CL. Happy Birthday to me!
March/April 2014 - Coronado Springs/Wilderness Lodge
October 2014 - Beach Club for TOT 10-Miler! AKL/CR for Princess Half Marathon!
AThrillingChase is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #3
gabzee
DIS Veteran

If you really wanted to do the Rainforest Cafe I would do it on a day that you are going to AK like PP said. However, I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there. While you could technically go to the DTD location, it would again be out of your way and more importantly they don't serve breakfast and there are no buses from DTD to any of the theme parks.

I would suggest that you have breakfast at one of the Epcot resorts and then either take the water taxi or walk to HS afterwards. They have Cape May at the Beach Club (character breakfast with Minnie, Goofy, and Donald), Captain's Grille at the YC (buffet and a la carte), and Kouzzina at the Boardwalk (a la carte menu; Cat Cora's restaurant). All are good options but it depends what you are looking for. You mentioned that you already have many character meals so if you don't want another pick between Captain's Grille and Kouzzina. I would look at the menus for each to see which appeal to you more.

gabzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #4
indycindy
Earning My Ears

No, I don't necessarily want to eat at Rainforest....I just thought their menu looked decent. I am eating breakfast at Boma on our AK, and I am SUPER excited about that!

Honestly, I have looked at maps, but I still have little concept of how close things are or how difficult it is going to be to get from my resot (Coronado) to other resorts in the morning.

I'm SOOOOOO glad that I asked this question, because even though I have done nothing but read about WDW for months, I hadn't even considered either of these restaurants. We have NOTHING scheduled ar the Yacht Club or at the Boardwalk (is that a resort, or just a shopping/eating area?), so either one would be great as I am trying to plan meals/shows at as many different resorts as possible so that we can see as much of the property as possible in seven days......this might be our only trip.

So, which place would be easier to get to from Coronado in the morning, the Yacht Club or the Boardwalk? And then do both have easy access to HS after we finish eating?

Thanks so much for all of the helpful advice!! I REALLY, TRULY appreciate it!

-Cindy
indycindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #5
JessM
We all have a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycindy View Post
No, I don't necessarily want to eat at Rainforest....I just thought their menu looked decent. I am eating breakfast at Boma on our AK, and I am SUPER excited about that!

Honestly, I have looked at maps, but I still have little concept of how close things are or how difficult it is going to be to get from my resot (Coronado) to other resorts in the morning.

I'm SOOOOOO glad that I asked this question, because even though I have done nothing but read about WDW for months, I hadn't even considered either of these restaurants. We have NOTHING scheduled ar the Yacht Club or at the Boardwalk (is that a resort, or just a shopping/eating area?), so either one would be great as I am trying to plan meals/shows at as many different resorts as possible so that we can see as much of the property as possible in seven days......this might be our only trip.

So, which place would be easier to get to from Coronado in the morning, the Yacht Club or the Boardwalk? And then do both have easy access to HS after we finish eating?

-Cindy
The Yacht Club and Boardwalk are about the same distance away from HS so I would pick whichever one looks more appealing. If you don't have a car, I would take a bus to HS and then take the boat or walk to the Boardwalk or Yacht Club (same pathway and same boat). After you are done eating take the boat or walk back to HS. The walk isn't too far maybe 15mins, and the boat takes about the same. Have fun!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #6
gabzee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycindy View Post

-Cindy
We love Boma! We have only been for dinner but I have heard great things about breakfast (we are trying breakfast this coming trip!).

To get from Coronado to any other resort you would have to transfer buses at a park. Depending on when your breakfast ADR is you would easily take the bus from Coronado to HS and then walk to either resort. It would be much faster if you took a taxi from Coronado to which ever resort you chose to eat at. There really won't be a difference in transportation as the resorts are within walking distance of each other. I would base the decision off of which restaurant you would rather eat at.

Beach Club and Yacht Club are sister resorts and are right next to each other. The BC, YC, and Boardwalk are all situated around Crescent Lake. While the walk to HS will be a couple of minutes longer depending on which restaurant/resort you pick it will not be a big difference. You can easily walk between all three resorts as well as Epcot and HS.

Boardwalk is a resort and a DVC resort.

gabzee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: