Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #616
scrappinginontario
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny25 View Post
Let´s clarify because lots of UK friends are asking this: UK have specials offers only for that country (and some european countries), but any at UK can book the US offer at USA Disneyworld.com so You can choose to book the offer that are available at the UK page or at the US page, that it´s open to book by anybody in the world
Thanks Danny! As a Canadian I often wondered if we'd be excluded from US offers. It's great to hear it's open to the entire world!

Amazing Trips with DD: Feb 2014 (7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Fantasy), November 2013 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2013 (11 Mommy and DD days. Perfect!!), Nov 2012 (2 days AoA LM with grandparents and DN), Aug 2012 (10 awesome days with just the 2 of us!), Nov 2011 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2011 (8 days with DN and Nana), Apr 2010 (3 days), Nov 2010 (2 days with grandparents)
scrappinginontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:42 AM   #617
JoanneDisFan
Mouseketeer

I'm so very excited. Convinced DH that we can afford to go during free dining. Planning on Sept 14-21. DS's 3rd birthday is the 16th and DD's 14th birthday on the 24th. I'd love to stay for both birthdays, but I think the school would be a bit upset. Planning on trying to get a LM room at AOA. Yay, yay, yay!

Dec 2005- AS Movies, Sept 2008- Free Dining AS Movies, Oct 2011- Coronado Springs, Sept 2013-Free Dining Caribbean Beach,
(Me) (DH) (DD14) (DS 3)
JoanneDisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #618
kimbo0569
DIS Veteran

I was looking at the dates of the free dining and the food and wine festival. Looks like food and wine starts on Sept 27, but last day for free dining is Sept 25. I seem to remember and please correct me if I'm wrong, if I book my trip to check in on Sept 25, I can still take advantage of the free dining and still get to enjoy the f&w festival.

Help!

CBR - 1992/1993/1995/1997
1999 - GF - honeymoon
2000 -daytrip Epcot- F&W Festival 2001 POFQ 2003 -oldest dd's first day trip to MK/ dinner at OHana
2004 POR
2008 POR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1996562My first TR!
2013 CSR/Food & Wine Anniversary trip
kimbo0569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #619
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo0569 View Post
I was looking at the dates of the free dining and the food and wine festival. Looks like food and wine starts on Sept 27, but last day for free dining is Sept 25. I seem to remember and please correct me if I'm wrong, if I book my trip to check in on Sept 25, I can still take advantage of the free dining and still get to enjoy the f&w festival.

Help!
You are absolutely correct! As long as you are checked in before the FD offer expires, you'll be fine. Hubby & I use our snack credits for dining around the world when we visit.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #620
mirvin09
Earning My Ears

Whoo hoo I already have reservations for 9/12 to 9/17 I can't wait to add this offer to my package! I took a wild guess at when it would be offered this year and I'm so happy I guessed right lol
mirvin09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:04 AM   #621
kimbo0569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
You are absolutely correct! As long as you are checked in before the FD offer expires, you'll be fine. Hubby & I use our snack credits for dining around the world when we visit.
Thank you! I feel better now. All I have to do now is firm up the dates with dh and my mom (she wants to come, just has to see if the dates work with her and she has enough vacation days).

CBR - 1992/1993/1995/1997
1999 - GF - honeymoon
2000 -daytrip Epcot- F&W Festival 2001 POFQ 2003 -oldest dd's first day trip to MK/ dinner at OHana
2004 POR
2008 POR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1996562My first TR!
2013 CSR/Food & Wine Anniversary trip
kimbo0569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #622
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo0569 View Post

Help!
Yes, that is correct, as long as you check in by the last day of a FD promo you can have the discount applied to your entire stay, up to 14 nights.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #623
kelevans100
Earning My Ears

Free Disney Dining in September

I have been reading elsewhere that this "free dining" promotion is NOT for US citizens but is for South America and Europe residents. I also read that the US citizen "free dining" offer could certainly have different dates, like including the end of August. What are your thoughts concerning this?
kelevans100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #624
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelevans100 View Post
I have been reading elsewhere that this "free dining" promotion is NOT for US citizens but is for South America and Europe residents. I also read that the US citizen "free dining" offer could certainly have different dates, like including the end of August. What are your thoughts concerning this?

The author of this thread has been correct with every deal he has posted for two+ years. This will be the US offer. You can take him at his word. Do you have a link to where you are reading these statements? This question came up earlier in this thread, and Danny confirmed that it is absolutely the US offer.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #625
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There are no separate discounts, free dining or otherwise, for South America. The UK WDW travel company had their own website and UK free dining offers and discounts have absolutely no baring on and usually have completely different dates than US discount offers.

The FD promo that will open for booking to the general public on May 9, will include the dates of September 2-25 and will certainly include US residents.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #626
kelevans100
Earning My Ears

One of the sites is the "yourfirstvisit.net" website. They confirmed that the offer was only for non-us citizens. Here is the article:

NEWS ON FREE DINING AT WALT DISNEY WORLD IN 2013…SORTA

One of my crack sources–the mysterious J–just emailed me to let me know that free dining for the fall of 2013 will be out shortly for South American and European visitors.

The booking window will open May 9, and the offer will cover arrival dates of September 2 through September 25.

At the values, the offer is the quick service dining plan for free, and at the moderates and deluxes, the offer is the regular dining plan for free.

I refuse to read too much into the arrival dates right now, so my takeaway is that since this offer will soon be out for much of the rest of the world, we’ll see an August/September free dining deal out for US residents visitors in May as well.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:27 AM   #627
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
One of the sites is the "yourfirstvisit.net" website. They confirmed that the offer was only for non-us citizens. Here is the article:

NEWS ON FREE DINING AT WALT DISNEY WORLD IN 2013&SORTA

One of my crack sourcesthe mysterious Jjust emailed me to let me know that free dining for the fall of 2013 will be out shortly for South American and European visitors.

The booking window will open May 9, and the offer will cover arrival dates of September 2 through September 25.

At the values, the offer is the quick service dining plan for free, and at the moderates and deluxes, the offer is the regular dining plan for free.

I refuse to read too much into the arrival dates right now, so my takeaway is that since this offer will soon be out for much of the rest of the world, well see an August/September free dining deal out for US residents visitors in May as well.
While that site is a good read, I don't put much stock in their predictions, especially because they are calling the upcoming offer the "fall offer" when it is actually the "late summer" offer.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:29 AM   #628
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:

NEWS ON FREE DINING AT WALT DISNEY WORLD IN 2013…SORTA

One of my crack sources–the mysterious J–just emailed me to let me know that free dining for the fall of 2013 will be out shortly for South American and European visitors.

I refuse to read too much into the arrival dates right now, so my takeaway is that since this offer will soon be out for much of the rest of the world, we’ll see an August/September free dining deal out for US residents visitors in May as well.
I believe the UK FD promos have already been released for 2013. There has NEVER been an exclusive free dining offer or dates for South America through the Walt Disney World Travel Company. A separate offer for South America would be strange, they can simply book through the US WDW site and book whatever the current FD promo is, same for Canadians. Why would they need a separate discount offer extended to South America? I don't think that makes sense.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #629
kelevans100
Earning My Ears

So, the last 2 weeks of August will have no promotions?
Old 04-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #630
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So, the last 2 weeks of August will have no promotions?
They will possibly release some room only discounts for mid to late August in June.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: