Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #46
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I meant to include these pictures from the shops at AK and didn't have space so here are some bonus shots!

Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #47
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Love the tattoos. I can't show those to Claire or that will be her main mission the next trip.
She did get a Minnie one last trip and she was really impressed with herself.
We ate at Ohana for the first time too in Nov. We just thought it was ok. We didn't like the sauces on the meat. We liked the meats, but the sauces were not our thing. I have read it's changed now, so maybe I'll give it another chance.
The girls do look a little frightened on Dinosaur. Heck I probably look that way too when I ride it.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #48
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post

We enjoyed seeing the CM at work in the mornings and it was nice that he would talk to people out on their balconies. That's one thing I love about the AKV - savanna view really makes a difference in the experience we had there. I enjoyed just sitting out there - especially when I was up early. Did have to shield our eyes from that bright morning sun, but that's not a complaint! I would give anything to see that sun around here these days!! [/COLOR]
I agree, Savanna view really does change the entire experience. I feel like we got SO lucky with our reclassified room last trip, but I'd be a bit hesitant to bank on that again and would probably err on the side of caution and just book Savanna view if I had the points to do it.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #49
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Great pictures! You guys look like you were having a really great time!

I just added the Lost on Safari drink to my list when we're at AK! Yum!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #50
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great pics!
Old 04-25-2013, 11:10 AM   #51
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Loving the trip report! Ahhh...the AKL. Cute pics - can't wait for more!
AGPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #52
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Love the girls tattoos!!

Oh I love the Lost on Safari at the Dawna bar. I usually get one every trip.

We have not been to Ohana in a few years now. I would like to go back again.

Ah Food & Wine. LOVE it!! Cannot wait for this Oct.
disneyfan61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:36 AM   #53
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I laughed at this picture. Someone is looking less than happy here.

Quote:

How about now?
We love 'Ohana!
We are hoping to eat there again in New Year's Eve. (Fingers crossed that we can get a coveted ADR on such a busy night.)

Quote:

and then we were off to our next destination...
We went resort hopping!
One of my favorite things to do in Disney World.

Quote:

It was only around 8:30 and if you'll remember we did drive to the Poly, so we went back over to the Poly and joined about a thousand others on the beach to watch the fireworks! It was a MNSSHP night, so they were doing Hallowishes! This was a first for us, and although we didn't have comfy seats, it was so fun to see the big picture! Of course, I didn't take any pictures! My fireworks shots don't always turn out, and I just wanted to watch.
It was great that they piped in the music. We had a blast!

Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:52 AM   #54
MEK
DIS Veteran

Love Sarah's top - its absolutely adorable.

Love the henna tattoos. Makes me want one! So cute.

Love the Lost on Safari. I mean, really, who wouldn't?

Your meal at Ohana looks fabulous. It really is a lot of food and my only beef with that meal is I'm too stuffed by the time they serve the shrimp.

Yeah for a visit to the ToW lounge. And yeah for multiple pictures of you and Dave.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #55
ClaireW
Mouseketeer

Glad I just spotted your TR. Have had fun catching up on the last few pages - it looks like your trip has got off to a great start!

Really looking forward to reading along because there are all sorts of things you'll be doing that are new to you and to us, that hopefully we'll be able to do in Oct 2014 (the provisional date for our next trip). We'd like to catch Food and Wine, as well as MNSSHP, and Ohana is still on my to-do list after we had to cancel an ADR for it last year. Plus I'm paying close attention to weather, crowds, etc because our previous trips have all been in the heat, humidity but low crowds of late August/early September.

The girls do seem to have grown since your European adventures - and how exciting it must be for Sarah to be able to make her own purchases. I still get excited about my KTTW card now
ClaireW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:29 PM   #56
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Did you realize the the "Lost on Safari" has enough fruit juice to be officially classified as a breakfast drink?
Well, according to me it does......

The girls, hennas were gorgeous! How did they hold up with pool time?

On a side note, I've been packing up my classroom. At this point I'm just cleaning out file cabinets, the office, and closet, because I'm moving to 5th grade next year. I can't take anything off of the walls yet, because we don't want the kids to think we are done learning for the year. Besides, they don't know that I'm moving up in grade level either...

Anyway, in a sack, I found a little something that I had purchased for you a while back.
Could you pm me your address? I'd like to send it to you.....
Old 05-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #57
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Love the tattoos. I can't show those to Claire or that will be her main mission the next trip.
She did get a Minnie one last trip and she was really impressed with herself.
We ate at Ohana for the first time too in Nov. We just thought it was ok. We didn't like the sauces on the meat. We liked the meats, but the sauces were not our thing. I have read it's changed now, so maybe I'll give it another chance.
The girls do look a little frightened on Dinosaur. Heck I probably look that way too when I ride it.
Ha! Yeah, they were cool, but I wish we'd done what they told us to make them last longer. Maybe next time I'll get one!
Dinosaur - they said they loved it and I just heard that the ride is the same type as Indiana Jones in Disneyland - I'd love to go to DL and do that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I agree, Savanna view really does change the entire experience. I feel like we got SO lucky with our reclassified room last trip, but I'd be a bit hesitant to bank on that again and would probably err on the side of caution and just book Savanna view if I had the points to do it.
Yeah, now I can never stay there without savanna view! So spoiled! You had a great deal - but like you say, you can't count on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
Great pictures! You guys look like you were having a really great time!

I just added the Lost on Safari drink to my list when we're at AK! Yum!
Thanks! It was so fun!
That drink is absolutely yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great pics!
Thanks! I'm always amazed how they turn out. I don't know my camera that well. I've not taken time to read the manual and figure out the settings, but it's pretty basic. I just point and shoot most of the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
Loving the trip report! Ahhh...the AKL. Cute pics - can't wait for more!
Thanks Emma - I know how you appreciate the tropical feel! I've got lots more pics - just need to find time to get them up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Love the girls tattoos!!

Oh I love the Lost on Safari at the Dawna bar. I usually get one every trip.

We have not been to Ohana in a few years now. I would like to go back again.

Ah Food & Wine. LOVE it!! Cannot wait for this Oct.
Thanks! I will be stopping at Dawa every time now too! Ohana was good - I'd eat noodles and potstickers all night! And bread pudding? Yummmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I laughed at this picture. Someone is looking less than happy here.

Oh man, you're not kidding! I think she was sick of posing by then. I hadn't noticed it when I first posted it.

We love 'Ohana!
We are hoping to eat there again in New Year's Eve. (Fingers crossed that we can get a coveted ADR on such a busy night.)

I wish I could join you!

One of my favorite things to do in Disney World.

I know how much you like to resort hop! It's fun and a nice relaxing way to spend some time outside the parks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Love Sarah's top - its absolutely adorable.

Love the henna tattoos. Makes me want one! So cute.

Love the Lost on Safari. I mean, really, who wouldn't?

Your meal at Ohana looks fabulous. It really is a lot of food and my only beef with that meal is I'm too stuffed by the time they serve the shrimp.

Yeah for a visit to the ToW lounge. And yeah for multiple pictures of you and Dave.
She loves that top too! The henna tattoos were really cool, but without putting some vaseline or something on them, they faded pretty quick from being in the pool.
Yes, Lost on Safari is one that most should try!
I agree about Ohana - I love the starters so much!

I'd go back to TotW again - and spend more time (maybe without kids!)
I am working on being in more of the pictures and it is nice to have some of the two of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireW View Post
Glad I just spotted your TR. Have had fun catching up on the last few pages - it looks like your trip has got off to a great start!

Really looking forward to reading along because there are all sorts of things you'll be doing that are new to you and to us, that hopefully we'll be able to do in Oct 2014 (the provisional date for our next trip). We'd like to catch Food and Wine, as well as MNSSHP, and Ohana is still on my to-do list after we had to cancel an ADR for it last year. Plus I'm paying close attention to weather, crowds, etc because our previous trips have all been in the heat, humidity but low crowds of late August/early September.

The girls do seem to have grown since your European adventures - and how exciting it must be for Sarah to be able to make her own purchases. I still get excited about my KTTW card now
Hi and I'm glad you found me too! Good thing you're not going until 2014 - it might take me that long to finish this! HA!
The girls are changing so much, it's hard to keep up. Sarah's braces will be coming off late summer, her feet are growing like crazy (I've bought a lot of shoes lately!) and then soon enough, Paige will be getting braces... it never ends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Did you realize the the "Lost on Safari" has enough fruit juice to be officially classified as a breakfast drink?
Well, according to me it does......
I can see that! I'm definitely on board!

The girls, hennas were gorgeous! How did they hold up with pool time?
Well, they didn't hold up so well. But we did not follow the instructions too well. They told us to put vaseline or chapstick on them and we only had chapstick. So we did a little, but not every time. I'd guess vaseline would work better too. Put it in your owner's locker!

On a side note, I've been packing up my classroom. At this point I'm just cleaning out file cabinets, the office, and closet, because I'm moving to 5th grade next year. I can't take anything off of the walls yet, because we don't want the kids to think we are done learning for the year. Besides, they don't know that I'm moving up in grade level either...

Anyway, in a sack, I found a little something that I had purchased for you a while back.
Could you pm me your address? I'd like to send it to you.....
Oh, that's so sweet! I sent you a pm.
I remember when Paige was in 2nd grade and I found out you taught 2nd, that I was going to send her down to be in your class. She's going to be in 5th grade in the fall... just sayin'...
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:34 PM   #58
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

You just send her on down. Although my principal informed me that my 5th grade students would not respond to my themed rooms like the little ones did. So I might want to tone it down.....

Really?

I am moving up 3 grade levels.
I know they are older.
Hmmmmm.....
What do you think about

Monsters University?
Old 05-02-2013, 04:52 AM   #59
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Hmmmmm.....
What do you think about

Monsters University?
That's one of the things I was thinking of for next year, as well.
Not that it is 'screaming' out to me or anything...

...but it is one of my top three choices right now.

I'm also thinking of a Mickey and Minnie safari theme, since we have 487395 animals.

Part of me wanted to keep the Toy Story stuff up for a second year, but since I started pulling things down to get ready for testing, I went ahead and pulled some of those bulletin boards down, too. I'll just put it all in a tub and do Toy Story again in a few years, maybe. Perhaps there will be a fourth Toy Story movie down the road?
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #60
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Hey Sheree! I finally made it back to the Dis and am all caught up on your report. I am still so very bummed I missed you while we were there at the same time. How fun it would have been to meet you and your family! Great report so far and I look forward to reading more.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: