Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #3286
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Ken View Post
Just checked into CL at WL.

If you have questions, I can try to get answers.

I can't post any pictures for you. Left my laptop at home. (My iPad has no camera.)

Just bought bride and groom ear hats. Wife agreed to wear them tomorrow at MK!

Feel free to update us on CL offerings!

Have a Magical trip!

Oh, and welcome home.....
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 04-25-2013, 04:24 AM   #3287
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

I can't post any pictures for you. Left my laptop at home. (My iPad has no camera.)

I PM'd you.

Have an amazing Disneymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post

Feel free to update us on CL offerings!

Have a Magical trip!

Oh, and welcome home.....
Great minds, Minnie...

Ken: I would love to know the current cobbler status - what kinds are they serving? I know you aren't posting photos now, but I know we'd love to see some when you get home (cobbler?), and a photo with your bride/groom ears on would be so cute
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 06:19 AM   #3288
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Hey, stranger! Hope you've been well.
Hello there!!!

Life has been a little crazy lately . But I do keep up and read the updates to this thread each morning.

We had a significant reduction in force at the company I work for. I had to take on several new tasks but that's ok, I still have a job, thank God

We also had to postpone our May trip to the Lodge as hubby has to do some traveling for work and it took preference. As of now, we're back to Disney at the end of July but staying at the Boardwalk (a new one for us!).

Have a wonderful day all!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 06:20 AM   #3289
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:

So excited for the both of you!! Have a wonderful Disneymoon!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #3290
Joceyposse
Mouseketeer

king room locations

hi,
although i'm sure this has been covered elsewhere in the thread, i couldn't seem to find the answer using search: does anyone know where the king-bed rooms are located at WL? i know there aren't very many, but we are planning on booking a woods view room this fall, and want to request a king room on an upper floor and i don't know if that's even possible.i wouldn't want my two room requests to cancel each other out!

thanks!

WDW: '90,'91, 2005, 2006, 2007 -- offsite; 2010 -- POFQ/Pop; 2011 -- Pop; 2012 -- CSR; 2013 -- WL/YC; 2014 -- CBR

TDL/TDS: 2012
Old 04-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #3291
princessesintraining
Mouseketeer

With thoughts of free dining in September, I am upgrading to a courtyard view. I was wondering how to put in the request with the TA for a possible bear face room. We had woods view last time that overlooked the Villas quiet pool, so I was looking for a different view this time. TYIA!
Old 04-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #3292
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessesintraining View Post
With thoughts of free dining in September, I am upgrading to a courtyard view. I was wondering how to put in the request with the TA for a possible bear face room. We had woods view last time that overlooked the Villas quiet pool, so I was looking for a different view this time. TYIA!
Nice! "Inner Courtyard" should be the request to overlook the main pool, and "Open to Lobby" gets the rooms that have the open hallways in the lobby, so combining the two should request a Bear Face room. In our opinion that would be the ultimate.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #3293
princessesintraining
Mouseketeer

Grand Californian, Thank you for your reply! Request submitted with TA. My girls don't know I'm upgrading, so I can't wait to see their faces when they look at the courtyard!
Old 04-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #3294
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessesintraining View Post
Grand Californian, Thank you for your reply! Request submitted with TA. My girls don't know I'm upgrading, so I can't wait to see their faces when they look at the courtyard!
Congratulations on upgrading! Your question was answered well. Here are the room numbers from the first page:

~INNER COURTYARD VIEW ROOMS OFF THE LOBBY (known by DISers as “Bear Face Rooms”), are centered in the middle of the inner courtyard and they overlook the entire courtyard area from the balcony with the lobby outside the front door. They are located on the 4th and 5th floors and are odd numbered from 4067-4079 and 5067-5069.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #3295
Paul Couturier
Future Disneymooner

Coffee pots

Quote:

Ken,

Just a reminder....let us know what kind of coffee pots are in the rooms. Are they Keurig-style coffee pots, for example? The kind that can take a regular coffee filter?

I'd like to bring my own Dunkin when I go on my honeymoon in Sept!

Paul

Future Husband of Maria

Disneymooning 9/22-9/29, WL CL
Old 04-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #3296
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Couturier View Post
Ken,

Just a reminder....let us know what kind of coffee pots are in the rooms. Are they Keurig-style coffee pots, for example? The kind that can take a regular coffee filter?

Paul
I'm not Ken, but they are Cuisinart and they use only pods:

Old 04-25-2013, 10:43 PM   #3297
cmdg
Mouseketeer

Paid off and ready to go!

We just paid off our June trip with the last dose of 114 disney gift cards from Target! I ended up switching us from a woods view to a 1br villa (which wasn't easy as the cm on the phone told me WL has no villa rooms ).

Now we just have to wait 46 days until our 2 year old goes to the WL and sees Mickey for the first time!
Old 04-26-2013, 04:39 AM   #3298
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdg View Post
We just paid off our June trip with the last dose of 114 disney gift cards from Target! I ended up switching us from a woods view to a 1br villa (which wasn't easy as the cm on the phone told me WL has no villa rooms ).

Now we just have to wait 46 days until our 2 year old goes to the WL and sees Mickey for the first time!
PiF (Paid in Full ) dancing guy for you!!! (He only comes out on special occasions)

Just curious, how does one process 114 gift cards? Did you have to type in 114 numbers? Smart of you using those and getting the gift card purchase discount (is it 5%?). The CM surely meant the villas were all booked

Make sure you take LOTS of photos of your kiddo so you can compare them for years to come
Old 04-26-2013, 06:39 AM   #3299
Dr Ken
Don't want to "earn" my ears. I'm retired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Couturier View Post

Ken,

Paul
As WDWKook said, they are Cuisinart. The only pods supplied are "100% arabican". So, I'd recommend bringing your own favorite.

The condiments are sugar, NutraSweet, and Coffee-mate. If you want cream or milk, you can get that at the CL lounge (which opens at 7am) or put it in your fridge the night before.

Have enjoyed visiting 8 Disney theme parks (4 in FL, 2 in CA, 1 in Tokyo, and 1 in Paris)

Old 04-26-2013, 07:00 AM   #3300
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Are those Cusinart coffee makers only for CL?

I have another question. I booked standard view b/c that's what I can afford right now but I noticed from the map they don't have many standards.
Anyway my question is when I check in and ask how much an upgrade to courtyard would cost would I pay the full difference or do they kinda cut you a deal on the cost of the difference? I ve never done that before so I wasn't sure if it worked like DCL..
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: