Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #451
MISSYLEXI
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelHathi View Post
Thanks for posting MISSYLEXI, hard to do from an iPhone and love to share information like this because it has been SO helpful for me for planning, etc.

Looks like you are staying at POR the same time we are! I have seen you on the POR thread from time to time too... Maybe we'll have to say hi if it works out? We have a couple resort days or 1/2 days/nights for pool time, Bayou Pirate Adventure, YeeHaw Bob, roasting some marshmellows, etc. Now DS 7 is even talking about wanting to rent a boat (pontoon), LOL. We're so excited about POR!
Sounds good to me. When it gets closer we will have to see if your plans and mine allow for it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyjo1871 View Post
Thank you for posting that link! I was up this morning at 6am and was able to get all my wanted ADRs too. It's now feeling more real! 180 days, woohoo!
You both are welcome. Anything to help. Just paying it forward.
2004-POR
2005-POR
2006-POR
2007-POR
2008-POR
2013-POR
MISSYLEXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #452
Gabisgramma
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! I know I am jumping in late, we were supposed to go on our trip in April, but we had to cancel. It turned out to be a good thing because the week we were to be gone on our trip a long time church member died (my husband is the pastor, so he did the funeral), and our daughter was in a bad car accident (She is ok) and the church bought a new building all that same week. We are shooting for October now. We plan to go Oct. 20-27 and stay at Movies or Pop Century. I have been making ADR's, but we do not have our room booked yet (I know, I know), so it has been a challenge this time having to do it one day at a time. So far we have T-Rex in the afternoon on 10/20 for an early dinner, Akershus for breakfast and Ohana for dinner on 10/21, Tusker House for lunch and Sanaa for dinner on 10/22. Still hoping to magically pull off a BOG ADR this week. It will be my husband and I and our almost 3 (a month shy)year old granddaughter, Gabi. It will be the first time for all of us. We are so excited and will definitely need this vacation by then. Thanks for letting me join in. Kris
Gabisgramma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #453
kellyjeanie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabisgramma View Post
Hi everyone! I know I am jumping in late, we were supposed to go on our trip in April, but we had to cancel. It turned out to be a good thing because the week we were to be gone on our trip a long time church member died (my husband is the pastor, so he did the funeral), and our daughter was in a bad car accident (She is ok) and the church bought a new building all that same week. We are shooting for October now. We plan to go Oct. 20-27 and stay at Movies or Pop Century. I have been making ADR's, but we do not have our room booked yet (I know, I know), so it has been a challenge this time having to do it one day at a time. So far we have T-Rex in the afternoon on 10/20 for an early dinner, Akershus for breakfast and Ohana for dinner on 10/21, Tusker House for lunch and Sanaa for dinner on 10/22. Still hoping to magically pull off a BOG ADR this week. It will be my husband and I and our almost 3 (a month shy)year old granddaughter, Gabi. It will be the first time for all of us. We are so excited and will definitely need this vacation by then. Thanks for letting me join in. Kris
Hi Kris, sorry to hear about your daughter's accident but glad she is okay. Your plans sound great so far, welcome!
Old 04-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #454
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Hello!! I'm jumping in late too...Coming to WDW Oct 17th-27th with my DH, DS3 and DS6. Its my kids and hubby's 1st time! I've been before many times, but my last trip was 2005.
We are doing a split stay-AKL 5 nights, and Poly 5 nights.
We are all very excited, and I'm obsessed with the planning

Last edited by flinkerfrosch; 04-25-2013 at 07:01 PM.
flinkerfrosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:17 PM   #455
kellyjeanie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkerfrosch View Post
Hello!! I'm jumping in late too...Coming to WDW Oct 17th-27th with my DH, DS3 and DS6. Its my kids and hubby's 1st time! I've been before many times, but my last trip was 2005.
Hi, welcome, sounds like it'll be a great trip
Old 04-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #456
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjeanie View Post
Hi, welcome, sounds like it'll be a great trip
Thank-you!!
flinkerfrosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #457
Gabisgramma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkerfrosch View Post
Hi, glad you are here. AKL/Poly will be so much fun for your kids (and you guys). I hope to stay there sometime. I am obsessed with planning also. I promised my husband I wouldn't get obsessed this time, but that went out the window after day one. It is hard not to. Happy Planning!
Old 04-26-2013, 02:05 AM   #458
Gabisgramma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjeanie View Post
Hi Kris, sorry to hear about your daughter's accident but glad she is okay. Your plans sound great so far, welcome!
Thanks she is just sore and has bruising from the seatbelt and airbag, a concussion, and 2 very sprained ankles (not sure how that happened). They swerved to avoid a deer and their tire caught the gravel on the side of the road and then they hit the guard rail at 60mph. Even though she was wearing a seat belt her head still hit the windshield. I was never so thankful in all my life to see her. We got the call from her boyfriend they had wrecked, but he was so shaken up and crying he couldn't answer if she was ok. So we didn't know how bad she was or if she was even alive. We had to drive by the scene on the way to the hospital which made it worse when we saw the car. Thankfully the guard rail didn't break or they would have went down a very deep ravine. If I had the money I would take them to Disney too-they need it after all that.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #459
kellyjeanie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabisgramma View Post
Thanks she is just sore and has bruising from the seatbelt and airbag, a concussion, and 2 very sprained ankles (not sure how that happened). They swerved to avoid a deer and their tire caught the gravel on the side of the road and then they hit the guard rail at 60mph. Even though she was wearing a seat belt her head still hit the windshield. I was never so thankful in all my life to see her. We got the call from her boyfriend they had wrecked, but he was so shaken up and crying he couldn't answer if she was ok. So we didn't know how bad she was or if she was even alive. We had to drive by the scene on the way to the hospital which made it worse when we saw the car. Thankfully the guard rail didn't break or they would have went down a very deep ravine. If I had the money I would take them to Disney too-they need it after all that.
That is terrifying!! Thank GOD she was wearing a seatbelt.

That is eerily similar to a situation I was in when I was 17 - I got in a car accident (I was driving but it wasn't my fault - other guy ran a stop sign, T-boned me). My step-sister was in the car along with one of her friends. My sister and I were transported to the hospital via ambulance and my sister's friend called my parents. She told them what happened and told them my sister was okay but didn't mention me. My parents were in shock and wondering what happened to me. They had to drive by the wreck on the 45-minute drive to the hospital and, like you, wondered if I was alive. The impact was right on the driver's door so it looked pretty bad. I was actually fine, maybe a little bruising and one spot on my leg that needed stitches. But at the time super scary!
Old 04-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #460
melissac
DIS Veteran

That is my greatest fear. DD16 almost 17 every time she leaves the house I'm nervous and if she calls when she is gone I get butterflies in my stomach exspecially when DS11 is with her. Now that she gets to be the transporter for him.

Offsite 1978, DL offsite 1991 NYE, WDW offsite 1995, CBC and DC 2001, POFQ 2006, Purchased DVC 2006, OKW May 2007, CBC Dec. 2007, SSR Jan. 2008,OKW Oct 2008, AS Movies Jan 2009, HRH & THV Oct 2009, BWV Sept 2010, RPR, SSR & OKW Jan 2011, OKW & DLR Dec 2012, OKW Oct 2013, POR May 2014
melissac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #461
kellyjeanie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissac View Post
That is my greatest fear. DD16 almost 17 every time she leaves the house I'm nervous and if she calls when she is gone I get butterflies in my stomach exspecially when DS11 is with her. Now that she gets to be the transporter for him.
I'm sorry - I have some time before my kids start driving and I'm already nervous about it! I didn't mean to scare you, I was just kind of at how similar my story was to her daughter's.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #462
melissac
DIS Veteran

Kids and driving is hard. We live in Northern WI so snow and ice are dealt with at least 6 months out of the year. Traffic is less then the city though. It is trying to get the kids to understand that if you come out of school and weather is bad leave car at school and TAKE THE BUS. Every 16-18 year olds favorite thing to have to ride the Yellow School Bus(LOL).

Offsite 1978, DL offsite 1991 NYE, WDW offsite 1995, CBC and DC 2001, POFQ 2006, Purchased DVC 2006, OKW May 2007, CBC Dec. 2007, SSR Jan. 2008,OKW Oct 2008, AS Movies Jan 2009, HRH & THV Oct 2009, BWV Sept 2010, RPR, SSR & OKW Jan 2011, OKW & DLR Dec 2012, OKW Oct 2013, POR May 2014
melissac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:02 AM   #463
Gabisgramma
Earning My Ears

My daughter is 20 and when she was riding home with us that night she looked at me and said, "Mommy I almost died tonight" and I said, "I know." It still brings tears to my eyes as I type this. The good news is she also said that this is going to change how she drives from now on. (Even though she was not driving) She has always been good about her seatbelt, but she has had numerous speeding tickets and I know she texts and drives. We have had so many talks on this subject and like all kids she thinks that will never happen to me. So, if she has learned a lesson from this and is a safer driver from now on even if it was a scary painful lesson it was worth it. Our drive to the hospital was 45 min. also. We live 45 min southwest of Omaha.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #464
gterin1524
Earning My Ears

I am late on finding this thread, but we will be at POR October 4-12. It will by myself, DH, DS7 and DD7. So excited!
gterin1524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #465
Gabisgramma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gterin1524 View Post
I am late on finding this thread, but we will be at POR October 4-12. It will by myself, DH, DS7 and DD7. So excited!
How exciting! POR looks really nice. Is this your first trip? Are you going to do MNSSHP?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: