Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 10:27 PM   #1
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Done with the snow, I'm moving on to Summer!

That's right. I'm sick of the snow. We are .6 inch away from cracking the top 10 of snowiest April in Denver history. I'm going to Disney!

This is my street yesterday morning as I was leaving for work.

Who: Myself, Old enough to know better and too young to care, Engineering Manager, and Disney Addict

Bailey, 8, Professional Napper and Squeaky Toy Player, and Miniature Dachshund.

When: May 4-12

Where: OKW

WDW has become my happy place and escape from reality. I was lucky and had 2 trips within a month and a half last year...a week on the Fantasy in October and a trip for F&W and my BFF's birthday in November. It was a great escape from the beginning rumors of a re-org at work and a chance to reconnect with friends from the Great White North aka Minneapolis. Sadly, the trips were over far too soon and it was back into the harsh reality of work and winter in the Rockies.

As the winter inched on and work becoming unbearable with rumors, rumors about rumors, one round of layoffs, and rumors of more I did what any good Dis'er does...I booked myself a studio at OKW for a week! I found decent airfare on SW and booked it using the voucher I earned from taking a bump on my flight from Orlando to Philly in November (Nov's trip was followed up with a work trip in Philly.)

As winter continued into winter, I had a new boss, another round of layoffs, and a break up with my BF. Combined with one of the snowiest winter/springs here in Denver in a long time and suddenly losing my tenant in my house in KC and quickly putting the house on the market last weekend, I'm so ready for this vacation! I'm super excited to meet up with my BFF and her hubby half way through the week as well as some Dismeets with some Dis TR royalty.

This trip is going to include some new things to me like the Wild Africa Trek, the new and improved F&G festival, some awesome dining (V&A!), and meeting lots of new and old friends.

I'm planning on including both TR and Dining on this report. Hope you all join me on another great WDW vacation!

Jill in CO
Old 04-25-2013, 01:50 AM   #2
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Saw your link on Millie's site!! You NEVER say all of the "stuff" gong on in your life, so glad to know what to pray for! YUCK to so much snow! I couldn't take it and threats of layoffs...well you KNOW how I feel about that!

I am in LOVE with Bailey, can't wait to show the girls so much cuteness!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Such a cute puppy!
Old 04-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #4
jedijill

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Saw your link on Millie's site!! You NEVER say all of the "stuff" gong on in your life, so glad to know what to pray for! YUCK to so much snow! I couldn't take it and threats of layoffs...well you KNOW how I feel about that!

I am in LOVE with Bailey, can't wait to show the girls so much cuteness!!!
Aww, thanks. My life is pretty blessed compared to so many so I don't usually say anything. I appreciate you thinking about me though.

I'm in love with Bailey too. She's super smart (sometimes too smart!) and has been my little buddy forever...I picked her out when she was 4 days old and brought her home at 7 weeks...We've been together ever since.

Bailey gets to go to a co-workers house while I'm away. He has 2 kids that absolutely love her and fight over who gets to sleep with her. It's so nice to not have to worry about her when I'm travelling and its so much cheaper too.

Jill in CO
Old 04-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #5
jedijill

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Such a cute puppy!
Thanks!

Jill in CO
Old 04-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #6
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Joining in.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #7
jecskc
DIS Veteran

I'm here !! Can't wait to read along !! My cousin lives close to you - in Castle Rock - and she is pretty sick of the snow as well. It has been beautiful here in South Carolina. Give me about 6-8 weeks and I will be moaning about how hot and humid it is. Ahhh, weather. The universal subject.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #8
jedijill

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Thanks!

Jill in CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Joining in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I'm here !! Can't wait to read along !! My cousin lives close to you - in Castle Rock - and she is pretty sick of the snow as well. It has been beautiful here in South Carolina. Give me about 6-8 weeks and I will be moaning about how hot and humid it is. Ahhh, weather. The universal subject.
and thanks for joining!

Castle Rock is just south of here and I have lots of friends/co-workers that live there. I'm hoping Florida won't be too hot and humid yet....I'm from Missouri but after living here for the last few years I'm soft and can't take the humidity anymore!

Jill in CO
Old 04-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #9
Carable
Mouseketeer

This sounds fun, I'm along for the ride. We'll get to our Happy Place just as you're leaving.

I hope the snow melts soon, I cannot even imagine!

DL - '85, '91, '94
WDW - '93, '95, '09 (1st time for kiddos)
May '13 - BLT
April '14 - CBR Pirate Room
Aug '14 POR Royal Room & Cruisin' on the Fantasy

Current TR: Mortimer Walt! A Spring Break Success Story
My 1st PTR/TR...My Deep Descent into Disney Madness...May 2013
Old 04-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #10
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear about all the snow. I know how all the crappy weather makes you feel..

You are so right to escape.

I hope we do get to cross paths while in the World.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 04-25-2013, 08:47 PM   #11
jedijill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carable View Post
This sounds fun, I'm along for the ride. We'll get to our Happy Place just as you're leaving.

I hope the snow melts soon, I cannot even imagine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
So sorry to hear about all the snow. I know how all the crappy weather makes you feel..

You are so right to escape.

I hope we do get to cross paths while in the World.
Thanks guys! The snow is gone again...I really shouldn't complain...we desperately need the extra moisture since we've been so dry. Just wish it would take the form of rain!

Carable...not too much longer until your trip!

Pat...I hope we do get to meet up!

Jill in CO
Old 04-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #12
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I am in Jill!!

I know how you feel about the snow. Minnesota keeps getting Denver's weather. I hope we are finally done, it is supposed to be 73 here this weekend!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 04-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #13
jedijill

Since I'm sitting here being a nervous wreck waiting for an answer to my counter-off on my house tonight, I might as well post a rough outline of my plans for the trip.

Plans

Pre-trip

This next week is going to be crazy! My company is sponsoring a huge volunteer event on Saturday morning which I will have to attend and then my new boss and some of my team and co-workers are traveling to Denver next week so I'll have at least 2 work dinners and who knows what else yet. I wisely put in for work from home on Friday to get laundry and packing done.

I need to make an appointment to get my hair blown out (gotta have good looking hair for at least a day or two! ) and I'll get my nails done Friday evening. After finishing that up, I have to run Bailey over to my co-worker's house.

Saturday, May 4

Up at the butt crack of dawn to get to the airport for my 7:10AM flight on Southwest. I should get in about 12:40 and am planning on taking ME to OKW. Once there I need to pick up my rental car. Rental car rates have been insane but I've been watching the May rental car deal thread religiously. Someone posted a deal for Budget a ways back and I got a car for $175. I was debating spending that much money over the weekend and was just going to ditch the car altogether. Someone posted an awesome deal over the weekend for National picking up at SOG. I got a rate of $76 for the whole week and dropping off at MCO. Now I just need to get from OKW to SOG to pick it up.

After getting the car, I'm off the the MK to replace my PAP (my original one was in my wallet that was stolen in November ) and buy a new TIW card. Dinner will be at BOG. Might stay for Wishes if I'm still awake!

Sunday, May 5

Today is Epcot day or Cinco de Drinko as I've heard it called. I want to try out the new Wine Cellar in Italy and a stop by La Cava over the course of the day. I have a lunch ADR at Chefs de France. I'm hoping for a Dis meet today too! Dinner will be at Citrico's.

Monday, May 6

I have the Wild Africa Trek this morning, something I've wanted to do since I first read about it! I'm super excited!!! Dinner is at Monsieur Paul. I'm hoping to slip in another Dis Meet today!

Tuesday, May 7

I have a breakfast ADR at Olivia's. Today's plans are pretty up in the air. I might check out one of the water parks today since I have admission in my PAP...I've never done one before. My BFF and her hubby are arriving today and we are planning on dinner at Narcoosee's. Mmmm, almond crusted cheesecake! :drool:

Wednesday, May 8

Not sure what park we will hit today but we will have Tea at the GF and dinner at Via Napoli.

Thursday, May 9

Not sure about parks again today....I do have dinner planned at Yachtsman tonight.

Friday, May 10

Lunch at the Hollywood Brown Derby with BFF and her hubby. Dinner will be at Victoria and Albert's. I've been looking forward to dining here again for awhile. I've had the pleasure of eating at V&A twice before and its fantastic.

Saturday, May 11

I'm sure today will be a late start after a fantastic late night at V&A. I have tenative plans to meet up with one of my coworkers from NJ who is just starting his trip. Later in the evening, I'll be attending the TIW Fantasmic Dessert Party with my BFF and her hubby. I haven't seen Fantasmic for years so it will be a cool event.

Sunday, May 12

Last Day Blues at the House of Blues! Joining my BFF and her hubby for the Sunday Gospel Brunch at the HOB in DTD. I've been once before and its fantastic! After brunch, it will be time to say goodbye and head back to the airport.

Jill in CO
Old 04-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #14
jedijill

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
I am in Jill!!

I know how you feel about the snow. Minnesota keeps getting Denver's weather. I hope we are finally done, it is supposed to be 73 here this weekend!
Hey there! Thanks for joining in! I was just reading your last update. I really hope this is the last of the snow! It's been awful this year. Glad you got out and got to Florida on time!

Jill in CO
Old 04-26-2013, 12:44 AM   #15
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

I'm finally here!!

Your plans sound great, I'm sure this trip is just what you need. I know my trip is exactly what Mackie and I need right now.

Your fur baby is soooo cute!! She's such a pretty little miss.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: