Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 07:28 PM   #1
momtoaaliyah
Earning My Ears

1900 Park Fare Questions - Where on the resort is it? Getting there, ect

We will be heading out to 1900 Park Fare from DTD. We will have a rental, is driving the easiest way to get there? About how far driving is it from DTD?

Also, anyone know where abouts on the resort the restaurant is located?

And lastly, does my DD 8 have to eat off the children's buffet or is she allowed to eat off of either?

Thanks guys for your help.

This is our first WDW trip and we are very excited but also overwhelmed.

Thanks!
momtoaaliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #2
CarpeDisney
Mouseketeer

Are you staying at a Disney hotel or "off site"? If you are at DTD you can easily take a bus to the grand Floridian, and then back to DTD after dinner. If you drive it will take about 10 minutes.

1900 Park fare is located just off of the ground floor of the main lobby of the Grand Floridian. If you can't find it when you get there ask any CM and they will point you to it. As for the buffet, your child can have anything that is out.

Have a great trip

My Visits:
1984 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 2003 POR, 2005 Poly, 2006 CSR, 2007 CSR, 2007 POR, 2008 Off Site, 2009 SSR, 2009 AKV, 2010 AKV , 2010 Dolphin,
2011 BLT
, 2011 SSR, 2012 BLT, 2013 BLT
CarpeDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #3
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

If you end up driving from DTD you would just drive to the GF (the resort that it's located in) like you would be driving to the MK via the TTC (ticket & transportation center). You would pass the TTC and then pass the Poly on the right and then at the dead end you will turn right. GF will come up on your right but the lot to park in is on the left (across from the main entrance to GF) so it is a bit of a walk. If you valet (at add'l cost) you can check in at the guard gate and drive right up to the front.

It really depends on where you're staying as to whether you should drive from DTD or take the bus although if you're staying off property I will get flamed for telling you take WDW transportation because it's supposed to be for guests staying in WDW resorts. (then you would have to drive from DTD)
Old 04-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #4
momtoaaliyah
Earning My Ears

Thanks guys, yes we are staying off site.

Does anyone know fs there a cost for regular parking at the GF?

My DH is beginning to hate me and all this pre planning but I told him I promise he will be thankful I did
Old 04-25-2013, 10:43 PM   #5
momtoaaliyah
Earning My Ears

Also, does anyone forsee a problem with a 8:25pm seating. I am checking everyday trying to get an earlier one but nothing has come up as of yet.

I'm hoping we will def be seated by then and not have to wait very long past 8:30. Maybe if we get there early and check in we will get seated earlier.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:00 AM   #6
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

1. When you go through the MK toll plaza stay to the extreme right and go down the roadway to the right and not to the MK parking lot. When you get to the traffic light, turn left onto Seven Sea. Seven Seas ends at a "T" intersection with Floridian Way; turn right to the entrance to the GF.

Note that GF Free Parking is to the left of the entrance, across the street. If you will use valet parking go right into the GF.

2. When you walk into the hotel, 1900 Park Fare is immediately to your left.

3. There is no such thing as a "kids buffet" or even an "adult buffet" at Disney. They have buffets with one section lower to the floor which has on it items that kids tend to enjoy (such as pizza, hot dogs, chicken strips, mac & cheese, etc.). Any person at the buffet (including children less than age three who are free) can get anything from any part of the buffet.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: