Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 10:45 PM   #346
pittcrew
Growing older but not up!!

Anyone know which ship Liam Scott from Jamaica is on? He was our server for our first cruise on the Magic back in 2002. We have yet to meet up with him again as our timing is always off by a week or two. He had either just left on his break or was about to come back from his break. Last we heard he was going to be on the Fantasy, but don't know for sure. He is probably a head server now.

Disney Cruises: Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern 07/02, Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern 06/04, Disney Magic 7 Night Western 12/05, Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern 05/09, Disney Dream 5 Night Bahamas 06/11, Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western 06/13 , Disney Magic 4 Night Bahamas 03/14
pittcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:10 AM   #347
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

Liam is in fact a head server. We had him on our October 20th cruise on the Fantasy. He expressed a desire to go back to the Magic pre/during her dry dock, but had no definite plans to do so scheduled.
WDW: Lifelong Passholder DLR: 1st Visit Feb 08 DLRP: Oct 10 Aulani: May 12 DCL: Magic {Western/Double Dip} Nov 09 Wonder Jan 10, Wonder Aug 10, Wonder {Mexico} Feb 11, Dream {Birthday Trip!} Oct 11 Fantasy {Eastern} Oct 12 Dream Nov 12, Dream Dec 12, Wonder {Miami w/Castaway} Jan 13, Wonder {WBPC} May 13, Magic {Anniversary & Platinum!} Nov 13 Wonder {Miami w/Key West} Jan 14, Fantasy {Western} Mar 14, Fantasy {Eastern} May 14, Magic {Southern} Sept 14, Dream {Friends' Vow Renewal} Nov 14, Magic {Friends' Wedding} May 15

99 Days at Sea
cris0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #348
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittcrew View Post
Anyone know which ship Liam Scott from Jamaica is on? He was our server for our first cruise on the Magic back in 2002. We have yet to meet up with him again as our timing is always off by a week or two. He had either just left on his break or was about to come back from his break. Last we heard he was going to be on the Fantasy, but don't know for sure. He is probably a head server now.
When we sailed the Fantasy in Jan. it was Liam's birthday and the rest of the head server's and dining room manager made a big deal out of for him that night at dinner.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #349
disney honeymooners
Disneyholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlong329 View Post
Zsolt Szep (Hungary) - was part of the Hungarian DREAM TEAM. I do not believe he was on the Fantasy as of December ... it would be great if he was on the Fantasy. Ivan Frick (Hungary) was also on the Dream Team, but transferred to the Fantasy in January 2012 (yes, he was in Germany with the ship, before it's maiden voyage).

Meanwhile, you should request his friend, Ivan Frick (Palo). It would not hurt to request Zsolt Szep as Main Dining Room ... just in case he IS on the ship (but I will I see if I can ask Ivan (via Facebook). If Zsolt is not on the ship, you might want to ask for Rado Hristev (Bulgaria).
I will keep Ivan in mind, and i will of course request Zsolt if he happens to be on the Fantasy in September (fingers crossed) Thank You SO MUCH for your reply!!!!

disney honeymooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #350
GreenMonster12
Earning My Ears

We loved our servers on the Fantasy! We had Coskun from Turkey and Artemis from Greece! They really made our Honeymoon special! Damian at Bon Voyage, Wynan and Novak were wonderful!
September 2009: Saratoga Springs
GreenMonster12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #351
sdlong329
"Life is just a Fantasy!"

Zsolt Szep / Rado Hristev - Fantasy update

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney honeymooners View Post
I will keep Ivan in mind, and i will of course request Zsolt if he happens to be on the Fantasy in September (fingers crossed) Thank You SO MUCH for your reply!!!!
I spoke to one of Zsolt's friends on the Fantasy, and am happy to CONFIRM ... Zsolt Szep is indeed on the Fantasy as we speak! Zsolt is one of the original Hungarian Dream Team (servers) from the Dream, and one of the last to transfer to the Fantasy! I will reach out to him, to see if I can ask him to provide his work schedule to me.

#######

Rado Hristev (Fantasy Server) is departing for vacation today, but will return to the Fantasy on June 22nd.

Enjoy these wonderful servers!

DCL MAGIC: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise ('99), 7 night Eastern Caribbean ('01), 7 night Western Caribbean ('06), 15 night EB Panama Canal - Inaugural to Aruba & Cartagena (Aug-Sep '08), Eastern Caribbean / Inaugural Tortola (April-May '09), Eastern Caribbean / St. Croix (Ooops - Tortola, again) (Dec '09), 14 night EB TransAtlantic, Florida to Barcelona (April '10), 12 night EB TransAtlantic, Galveston to Barcelona (May '13), 7 night Southern Caribbean, R/T San Juan (Sept/Oct '14), 15 night EB TransAtlantic (Florida to Copenhagen) (May '15)
DCL WONDER: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise (April '08), LA - Vancouver REPO (Apr/May '11), -B2B- Inaugural Alaska (May '11)
DCL FANTASY: 7 night Maiden Voyage: Western Caribbean (March '12), 7 night podCast 4.0 Western Caribbean (Dec '12), 7 night San Juan/Western Caribbean (Apr '15)
DISapalooza: WWOHP / Universal (Dec '12)
DISNEY ON BROADWAY: Mary Poppins @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2012, Spiderman (Marvel) @ Foxwoods Theatre - 2012, The Lion King @ Minskoff Theatre - 2013, Aladdin @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2014
NON-DCL: RCCL Freedom FROM the Seas, Western Caribbean, Jan 2014; Celebrity Horizon, 7 night Philadelphia - Bermuda; HAL Noordam, 10 night NYC - Caribbean; Princess, 7 night FL-Caribbean; Carnival (don't waste my time)
sdlong329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #352
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

We had a great assist server on the wonder last March I think her name is Cindy from Jamaica.
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #353
disney honeymooners
Disneyholic

Thank You so much I will be requesting him on our cruise!!

disney honeymooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #354
sdlong329

Zsolt Szep (Hungary)

I spoke with Zsolt Szep earlier today. He is indeed on the Fantasy, and is currently scheduled to remain on the ship through August 22nd, before leaving for vacation. He gave me permission to post this information on DISboards, and said he would LOVE to see his previous guests from the Magic and Dream.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #355
taswira
"Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!

Quote:
I spoke with Zsolt Szep earlier today. He is indeed on the Fantasy, and is currently scheduled to remain on the ship through August 22nd, before leaving for vacation. He gave me permission to post this information on DISboards, and said he would LOVE to see his previous guests from the Magic and Dream.

Interesting that my photo of Zsolt ended up on "auctionzealot.com," whatever that is.

Thanks for the update on his status. My hubby and I have requested him for our May 11 sailing.
DCL #20: 11/8/2014 DISNEY FANTASY
DCL #21: 12/5/2015 DISNEY FANTASY
taswira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #356
sdlong329

Quote:
Originally Posted by taswira View Post
Interesting that my photo of Zsolt ended up on "auctionzealot.com," whatever that is.

Thanks for the update on his status. My hubby and I have requested him for our May 11 sailing.
AuctionZealot is a photo-hosting website (they host bandwidth for JPG's - for websites like DISboards, which does not self-host pics). I found the picture online (somewhere) a month (or more ?) ago.

May 11, 2013? That would be ideal timing!

I mentioned to Zsolt that there were people asking about him being on the Fantasy. When you see him, let him know YOU were asking about him. I am sure he will be glad you found him (on DISboards)!

Steven

DCL MAGIC: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise ('99), 7 night Eastern Caribbean ('01), 7 night Western Caribbean ('06), 15 night EB Panama Canal - Inaugural to Aruba & Cartagena (Aug-Sep '08), Eastern Caribbean / Inaugural Tortola (April-May '09), Eastern Caribbean / St. Croix (Ooops - Tortola, again) (Dec '09), 14 night EB TransAtlantic, Florida to Barcelona (April '10), 12 night EB TransAtlantic, Galveston to Barcelona (May '13), 7 night Southern Caribbean, R/T San Juan (Sept/Oct '14), 15 night EB TransAtlantic (Florida to Copenhagen) (May '15)
DCL WONDER: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise (April '08), LA - Vancouver REPO (Apr/May '11), -B2B- Inaugural Alaska (May '11)
DCL FANTASY: 7 night Maiden Voyage: Western Caribbean (March '12), 7 night podCast 4.0 Western Caribbean (Dec '12), 7 night San Juan/Western Caribbean (Apr '15)
DISapalooza: WWOHP / Universal (Dec '12)
DISNEY ON BROADWAY: Mary Poppins @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2012, Spiderman (Marvel) @ Foxwoods Theatre - 2012, The Lion King @ Minskoff Theatre - 2013, Aladdin @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2014
NON-DCL: RCCL Freedom FROM the Seas, Western Caribbean, Jan 2014; Celebrity Horizon, 7 night Philadelphia - Bermuda; HAL Noordam, 10 night NYC - Caribbean; Princess, 7 night FL-Caribbean; Carnival (don't waste my time)
Old 05-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #357
TotalDisneyFan
Proud Cruise Fanatic!

We loved Matt and Karina on the Dream, March 28. Matt was scheduled to leave in a month or so going back to poland I believe then back to the Dream. Karina just got on not to long ago so she should still be there… I LOVED THEM <3
Old 05-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #358
cypressmom
Love my Disney vacations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy Poppins View Post
Does anyone know which ship Sompong Pooncharoensuk fromThailand is currently on???

Thanks!
I had a dream last night that I was on the newly renovated Magic and going from room to room looking for Sompong. He really made our trip special.

Disney World, 1986,1995, 2011 & 2014
Disneyland, 2001, 2007, 2010, 2011 & 2013
Disney Cruise Line, 2012 & 2014
cypressmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #359
taswira
"Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!

Quote:
AuctionZealot is a photo-hosting website (they host bandwidth for JPG's - for websites like DISboards, which does not self-host pics). I found the picture online (somewhere) a month (or more ?) ago.

May 11, 2013? That would be ideal timing!

I mentioned to Zsolt that there were people asking about him being on the Fantasy. When you see him, let him know YOU were asking about him. I am sure he will be glad you found him (on DISboards)!

Steven
You probably got the pic from my album on Dedicated Disney Cruisers on FB. I don't mind it being posted here, and in fact I am sure I've posted it elsewhere on the DIS. But I don't like others giving the impression that my photos are theirs. Anyway . . .

I did not find Zsolt through the DIS. He was recommended to me by a Dream server friend. When necessary, I have communicated with Zsolt via FB. Enjoyed him as my server on the Fantasy last April so requested him again for this month.
DCL #20: 11/8/2014 DISNEY FANTASY
DCL #21: 12/5/2015 DISNEY FANTASY
taswira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #360
smeecanada
DIS Veteran

Quote:
In the interim, I would suggest the following Fantasy servers:

Main Dining Room -
*Rado Hristev (Bulgaria) - server
Nikola Stakic (Serbia) - server

Steven
When did Nikola transfer to the Fantasy? We had him on the Magic in OCT2010 as a server and then we saw him last year while in PALO in AUG.

It would be wonderful to find out if he is on the FANTASY in August. I would definitely try and do a request for having him again.
: 1992, 2007, 2013
DCL: AUG07 4day: Wonder, AUG08 15day EB REPO, 04JUL09 EASTERN, 23OCT10 EASTERN, 23AUG11 ALASKA, 25AUG12 NY/BAHAMAS, 24AUG13 FANTASY EASTERN 20SEP14 SOUTHERN
smeecanada is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: