Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
TeresaNJ

Knows the tricks to get the Tag Fairies' attention! Likes all pretty colors Gets teary when she hears Garth sing "The Dance"

Tusker House vs Boma Breakfast Buffet

I've never done either for breakfast, & am staying at AKL this upcoming trip. Is one better than the other, should I do both, or are they too similar?
TeresaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
Lisa71
Adoption Rocks!

We only did Boma for dinner and loved it. Tusker house is at the Ak park and not the hotel. We have done for breakfast and lunch and liked lunch better.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #3
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

If youre at AK already, I say go for Boma since its right there. But Tusker breakfast is quite good, and the bonus is that you get to see the cute characters! I didnt care for Tusker lunch at all thou. Breakfast is way better IMO!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #4
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Totally up to you if you want a character meal. Otherwise, Boma is Outstanding!! Plus they have some outside the norm breakfast offerings. We have never eaten at Tusker before, BUT as mentioned above, it would be nice to just roll out of bed one day and take it easy since you are right there at AKL. Definitely try the French Toast!
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!
Roxychica7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #5
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Both are really yummy! Boma would be more low key I think, no characters but it might be nice to relax and explore Animal Kingdom Lodge. -Amanda
Old 04-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #6
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

We have done Boma and it is very good especially if staying at the lodge. This time we are trying Tusker house. But it is still just a bus ride away.
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #7
aVASTGrl
DIS Veteran

Have never done the Tusker House breakfast, but the Boma buffet is WONDERFUL!! They have a good mix of regular items and African-themed items. Very yummy

[*]~Spring 2014 - WL"Flowers And Gardens And Bees" Solo Trip[*]~Summer 2013 - AKL "Family Reunion Recovery" Trip[*]~Halloween 2012 - YC Solo Extravaganza!![*]~Christmas 2011 - POFQ "Is That What Snow Looks Like?" Celebration[*]~Summer 2010 - Off-site[*]~Summer 2009 - CSR "Stop That Bus" Fun[*]~Summer 2008 - Off-site "Never Eating Salmon Again" Disaster[*]~Graduation 2007 - AKL "My Ankle Just Separated!!" Special Sister Vacay[*]~Late Summer 1998 - POFQ "Runaway Cart" Episode[*]~Early Summer 1998 - Disneyland Paris nee Eurodisney "Whinnie Le Pooh" Ooh La La[*]~March 1998 - Off-site Singing Competition "The Band Kids Stole Our Bus!!" Trip[*]~1985 - My One And Only Disneyland Trip That I Don't Remember[*]~1983-1996 - Every Other Summer WDW Pilgrimage aka the beginnings of my Disney Obsession Thank You Mom & Dad

aVASTGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #8
sweetcreams
Mouseketeer

Has anyone experienced both Boma and Tusker at breakfast? My family always has breakfast at Boma, but I would like to try Tusker because I 've heard it's similar.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #9
everythingALICE
I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.

I have been to both for breakfast, although both visits were 2-3 years ago.

I remember being more impressed by the quality of the breakfast food at Boma. We took the earliest ADR they had (which I believe was 7AM), so that may have had something to do with how hot and fresh everything tasted! Both buffets had lots of variety and were VERY delicious...I just thought Boma was a little better.

Tusker House obviously has characters, which can make it a little busier and more crowded, while Boma (at least if you have an earlier ADR - not sure how busy it ends up getting) is much more relaxed.

everythingALICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #10
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

It's not uncommon for us to eat TS breakfast at our resort several mornings. Since you're staying at AK & will be visiting AKL, I think it makes sense to try both. Why travel for breakfast, when you have two good options that don't require extra travel? I think you'll be happy with both.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #11
Disneyaunt4
I wonder what they put in that waxy little stick that make my lips crave it
I am a huge animal lover
No chili this year

Boma
Old 04-25-2013, 07:21 PM   #12
nkereina
Wendy Darling

I would do both. TH breakfast is one of our favorite character meals. We also like to do an early pre-park opening at TH if we can, which will get you into AK early. I wouldn't pass up Boma if you are staying at AKL. I haven't tried it myself but its on my list. It's just never convenient for us since we don't stay at AKL and don't have a car. It gets great reviews.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:32 PM   #13
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

Been to both

Enjoyed the food and selections at both, although BOMA was a bigger spread. They both offer some interesting things to try and the quality was good, but BOMA was overall better food.

Service is about equal since they are buffets. Interiors are both decorated nice but BOMA is level above. BOMA costs less because there are no characters.

We found the character movement at Tusker to be unorganized and we had to have our server get several characters and bring them to us because they were skipping tables.

I would do Tusker again if I got in before opening and on DDP. But if OOP and choosing one, I would go to BOMA. And if you can do both without making choices I'd say go for it. Both non-traditional good breakfasts.
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 8x (1xBusClass) ~ PO Riverside 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek ~ PO French Quarter
POP Century 15x ~ Hilton DTD 2x ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 3x ~ B Resort
All Star Movie ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #14
clapton
Mouseketeer

Just did Tusker House on our last trip, very good and lots of variety!
clapton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #15
TeresaNJ

Knows the tricks to get the Tag Fairies' attention! Likes all pretty colors Gets teary when she hears Garth sing "The Dance"

Thank you, everyone! I've stayed at AKL before, and usually eat dinner at Boma on every trip, just have never had breakfast there. I've eaten at Tusker House prior to it becoming a character buffet. This trip it's just me and my bff. She hasn't been to Disney in about 20 years, and that was her only time. Her, her husband and son camped at Fort Wilderness. I was going to do a solo trip this time, hubby can't come, so my bff asked if she could come with me. I really want her to have a great time. We aren't doing any character meals, so I thought Tusker House might be a good choice, since at this late date I can't get into anything else, but also want to try the breakfast buffet at Boma, especially since we're staying there. I was just concerned if we do both, the breakfasts will be almost identical.
TeresaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: