Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 07:10 AM   #571
MEK
DIS Veteran

I'm very glad to hear that Reid's tests went so well and that everyone was able to enjoy the rest of the day. Chik-fil-al would be my choice, too! I hope you get the results in a timely manner. Keep us posted!

I think TH is so well themed and I have always wanted to have breakfast there. Looks like your meal is off to a great start and its nice to see Reid all smiles. I love all the clothes dropped across the ceiling. So cool!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:08 AM   #572
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Thank you again so much for the prayers and support! They mean more to me than y'all know!
I'm glad that the actual testing part went ok for him. Still sending prayers his way for some good news...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Ok, Disney nerd question. I've never been to Tusker House. Is this market in Tusker House actually an open air market or is there some kind of a cover over the rugs hanging above it? Just trying to figure out how much wear and tear those rugs would go through in the daily Florida summer storms. I know, completely random. I see that picture and this is what I think of.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 01:01 AM   #573
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I am glad that the tests are behind you and that you got through them. I know too well how hard it is to have our small ones a. need test and b. have to go under anesthesia. I pray that the results of the tests are good.

Looks like your last day...your day at AK is off to a great start!

One of my favorite ways to start the day at AK is to go to TH for breakfast! I love it there!!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:34 AM   #574
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad to hear the testing went well. Sounds like Reid did well with the anesthesia but hate that he fought the blood draw.

Good luck with the results and the waiting. How long do you think?

Your AK morning sounds good so far? We haven't done the Tusker House breakfast. We did it when it was over at Donald's in Dinoland. Do people sneak out and get Safari FP? I think I would, well now with FP+ I guess not anymore.

Anyway, I love AK and while I hate it's your last day, I'm excited to hear more about it!
catherines_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:40 AM   #575
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Aww, the blood drawing must have been so scary for Reid....and heartbreaking for mommy and daddy. Beyond that bit of trauma I am grateful everything went well and pray you will have an answer soon.

Sophia's absolutely favorite place to eat is Chick Fil A! We go about three times a week for breakfast...they know us very well! I don't drive and there is absolutely nothing much to do around here for children, so Mia drops us at the outdoor Village like Mall 3 times a week and we begin at Sophia's favorite place. Then we walk around the lake, use B&N as a library etc.

For an update! Looks like a nice breakfast - have not been to a character breakfast at AK since they changed it from Donald's Breakfastosaurus at Restaurantosaurus. That had to be one of the top character breakfasts in WDW! I can only think they changed the location in able to seat more guests. My friends who have done both, definitely preferred Donald's B. The character interaction was outstanding - food was excellent and seating was spacious and fun. Great variety...glad Disney they kept that part!

Great update - LOVE the pics! Reid has the BEST smile!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #577
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear the tests went well.

The meal sounds like it was fun! I've been wanting to eat there for years!
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #578
DynamicDisney
Earning My Ears

Joined in yesterday, and read the entire TR between then and now! Sounds like a really fun trip, although I know you had some obstacles! Hope you get answers for Reid's tests soon!
DynamicDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #579
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Ok, I'm all caught up! School has been insane! The end of the semester is coming up so quickly, so everything is piling up!!

Anyway, my prayers may be late, but they're still here!! I'm praying that his results come back and it's everything you're hoping for!

I am so excited about 'Ohana!! It looks sooooo yummy!!! The last day in the MK is always such a sad one! Especially when it's rainy and the rides break down! I'm glad Reid had a good ride on Buzz!

Tusker House looks yummy too! The theming is so cool!!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #580
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

I love the shrimp at Ohana as well...and I understand being a Louisiana girl even though I am from Mississippi, I grew up 10 miles from the state line and considered myself as much Louisiana as Mississippi. I am a bit of a Cajun food snob!!

I love Tusker House!! One of my favorite breakfasts!!

So, my life at work has been crazy and I haven't been able to come on the Boards as often as I like. I hope everything is fine since you haven't been on lately!!
TinksThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:56 PM   #581
RGirl
DIS Veteran

I’m back!

I’m so sorry to hear that you were feeling sick again. That is just no way to spend time on vacation.

Reid looks so happy in the pics - I love it! They don’t reflect his ugly attitude at all. I’m sure he was able to correct that quickly, however.

“Underpants!!!”

I can’t believe the bad luck with POTC and BTMRR!!! That must have been so frustrating. And then the rain!!! I love that you showed the rain who was boss!

I’m really glad you enjoyed ‘Ohana so much. I think I am the only person on the DIS who didn’t really like dinner there! We did NOT have a good server and the woman providing the “entertainment” was downright terrible though, so maybe it had more to do with those things than anything else.

Loved hearing about Tusker House since we will have breakfast there for the first time in August. Glad you enjoyed it!!!!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:46 PM   #582
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Aghhh... tests on your children... worst thing... sorry to say it doesn't get too much better... your worry and emotions... you just feel a little less bad that they're bigger... but not much... I'm really glad that it went smoothly and sending good thoughts and wishes for Reid... & for the record... I like Chick-fil-a myself... something about the batter flavoring...

Oh Wow... How likely is it to get stuck on PotC like that and then have BTMMR close? Well it does make for a good story... and I'm glad that at least they gave you a FP...

Tusker House is a great way to start an AK Day... great food... you're in the park and I love the safari costumes... Good stuff...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #583
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Hey there! I haven't seen you around in a while. Just wanted to say hi and I hope you're all doing well!
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:11 AM   #584
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Hey there! I haven't seen you around in a while. Just wanted to say hi and I hope you're all doing well!
Same here! Miss "seeing" you around! Of course I just got back myself after a 6 week hiatus

Heather

CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 2- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:14 AM   #585
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Subbing in...

First, I saw that Coach Purse on top of one of the luggage, My Fiance has that same one! Is that bad she has me picking those out of peoples photos and in crowds?

Second, I felt the same way with it slowed down this year. We had all kinds of issues this year for us. Ranging from food poisoning to just feeling like we didn't do anything on this trip. But in some defense this was the first trip we did since I started as a Cast Member.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: