Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #526
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven

I never get tired of seeing pictures of the Osborne Lights. As gorgeous and brilliant and they look in the pictures they really are more spectacular in person. Great pictures and I love the one with Goofy Santa.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #527
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I had to miss Disney at Christmastime last year after two years in a row of going at that time... LAME! It was like the holidays weren't complete without it! So it's a good thing you're keeping the tradition alive!

Osborne lights are so perfect. That's basically all there is to it! Your Santa Goofy picture is cute!

Nothing beats a perfect evening at a favorite park!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #528
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

That darn purple cat! It was so well hidden. It's funny that Brandon found it just as he was ready to give up, like we did.

I have to agree with you. A night filled with the Osborne Lights, TOT and RNR would be pretty perfect to me too. And the creepy bellhop is like the cherry on top!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #529
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
DHS is gorgeous at night! Someday I will get to see the Osborne lights!!!!

That's so awesome you had such a great time, and got to ride ToT and rnrc like you did!!!

Disney makes things better, even just thinking about it or reading about it!
Isn't it? I hope you get to see the Lights someday, they are amazing!

It was a great night, I would love to do it again right now!

It does, especially after finally getting some good news today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I'm glad that you had such a wonderful night! Your photos from the Osborne Lights are gorgeous! They really are breathtaking, I can't wait to show them to DH some day.
Thank you! I hope you see the Lights someday, it's really one of the main reasons I keep going to Disney during the holidays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Wow this sounds like a perfect day! F & W all day and then a basically empty DHS that night? I planned two full days for this year specifically for F & W because we never get to try all the things we want to!

I've been thinking about going back to Disney in December again.... We've only gone once and that was back in 2006! The castle didn't even have icicle lights yet! And we definitely didn't know enough to go see the Osborne lights! Maybe next year....

On a side note, we went out to West Farms tonight and all of the RFC stuff is gone...there's just a wall there now. It was so sad!
It was! I love Food and Wine, I wish I could go again this year, but hopefully next year! Yeah you definitely need 2 full days! Maybe even 3!

You should go in December again, it's so magical! Wow I can't believe they didn't have the dream lights in 2006! I thought they had them for such a long time!

Yeah I went to West Farms and saw the walls by RFC. It's so depressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Sounds like a great night at DHS! Awesome pictures of the Osborne Lights. If I don't get to see them this year I will seriously cry. It has been way too long!
Thanks, it was! Haha, me too, my trip is so up in the air right now! I'm sure we will still go, but it might not be on the grand scale I was hoping for! But whatever, Disney is Disney, I'll go even if I have to sleep in a box!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 04-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #530
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Sounds like a great day at Epcot and your favorite kind of evening at DHS. Although the Studios is definitely my least favorite park, I can't wait to go back there to ride TOT in June and August, and to see the Osborne Lights in December. Those lights are worth the price of admission and you got some great photos of them.
It was a great day! I love DHS so much, especially at night! I can't wait to see the Osborne Lights again! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Your pictures of the Osbourne lights are really awesome and you found the cat! Yeah!!!!!

That CM at ToT really sounds like a hoot! I think he would have completely freaked me out.

Great evening in HS! Perfect trifecta - the lights, ToT, and RnR!
Thank you! Haha I didn't find the cat, I never do, Brandon always does! Ever since I told him about it, he's been obsessed!

I love CM's that are really into their job! He did freak me out, but it was just such a fun experience!

Thanks, it really was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Oh - and your Kermit shirt is too cute!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Sounds like a great DHS evening!! Good for you guys for finding the purple cat!!
Thanks, it was! Haha, well I had nothing to do with it, it was all Brandon and his OCD-ness when it comes to finding that cat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Ahhhhh the Osbourne lights. I only got to see them once, and it was three years ago. Can't wait to see them again! So amazing.
You met Santa Goofy!! How awesome! And I love your shirt!
The creepy CM sounds awesome. I'd love to do that if I worked there!
Sounds like a really amazing night!
I love the Osborne Lights! If I ever have to miss a year, I'll go crazy!

Santa Goofy was so cute! It was fun meeting him since he's kind of random! Thanks!

One of my dream Disney jobs is to work at the Tower of Terror, I'd love to hang out there all day and just be creepy!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 04-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #531
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407-W-DISNEY View Post
Hi!
I do love DHS at night!!
I would love to work at the Haunted Mansion!! The scary CM's are the BEST!!

That's ok that this TR is going slow...don't let us rush you...
DHS at night is the best! I love it!

I know, Haunted Mansion or ToT must be THE best attraction jobs in Disney!

Thanks! I wish I could update more, but I just don't have the time!!! I have a feeling I'll have even less time once it gets warm out, because I want to start doing the Couch to 5K! But I guess that's ok, it's giving me something to do til I can plan my next trip, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Oh how I wish I could see the Osborne lights in person... Maybe sometime!

Sounds like a really great night!

Can't wait to hear about your Amazing decision!
I hope you can see them someday, they are amazing!!

It was a great night!

Haha, I wanted to start that update tonight but I got on here too late and now I can't! And tomorrow I'm going to Boston so maybe Thursday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Oh, those beautiful Osborne Lights!!! I can't get enough of them, they are simply the best thing about Christmas at Disney World. I used to love the days of going back and forth between ToT and RnRC. Now I'm just thankful to get to ride each one at least once a trip! But it was fun while it lasted.
I agree, I love the Lights so much, between that and the Dream lights on the Castle, I never want to leave Disney at Christmas! Haha, I know what you mean, it's so hard to ride ToT and RnRC now! Maybe one day I'll go back in September, when crowds are still super low, but I can't deal with the heat!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Amazing pics!
Thank you!

Old 04-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #532
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
I never get tired of seeing pictures of the Osborne Lights. As gorgeous and brilliant and they look in the pictures they really are more spectacular in person. Great pictures and I love the one with Goofy Santa.
I agree, pictures of the lights are nice, but they don't compare to seeing them in person, they are just so overwhelming! In a good way!

Thank you! Santa Goofy was so cute, I'm glad we waited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I had to miss Disney at Christmastime last year after two years in a row of going at that time... LAME! It was like the holidays weren't complete without it! So it's a good thing you're keeping the tradition alive!

Osborne lights are so perfect. That's basically all there is to it! Your Santa Goofy picture is cute!

Nothing beats a perfect evening at a favorite park!!!
I agree, I can't imagine Christmas season without a Disney trip! If something ever happens and I can't go...I don't know, I'd probably die or something! Or at least be really really depressed!

The Osborne Lights are perfect! I love them SO much! Thank you!

It was such a great evening, I wish I could do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
That darn purple cat! It was so well hidden. It's funny that Brandon found it just as he was ready to give up, like we did.

I have to agree with you. A night filled with the Osborne Lights, TOT and RNR would be pretty perfect to me too. And the creepy bellhop is like the cherry on top!
Haha, I know right? I wonder if they are running out of places to hide it, it's not exactly small!

It was a perfect night! And the creepy bellhop was awesome! I'd LOVE that job! It's funny, I'm so shy and I hate talking to people I don't know, but I feel like if I worked in Disney, I'd be a totally different person and love talking to people! I need to move there!

Old 04-23-2013, 09:44 PM   #533
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a wonderful night at DHS! Love all the Osborne Lights pictures and very cool that you guys found the cat!

Sounds like maybe things are getting better for you? Hope so!
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 04-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #534
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Sounds like a wonderful night at DHS! Love all the Osborne Lights pictures and very cool that you guys found the cat!

Sounds like maybe things are getting better for you? Hope so!
It was a great night! I love DHS! Thank you! Haha I can never find the cat but Brandon always does!

Things are ok for now, thank you!

Old 04-25-2013, 06:09 PM   #535
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Ignore this post, I'm trying to do an update and posted it before I finished! Ugh!

Old 04-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #536
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

A Spontaneous Tuesday Morning

Tuesday, November 13

Hi everyone! Can't believe I'm finally on Day 6 of this trip! Only took 6 months to get here!

So, when we do these long trips (9-10 days) I usually schedule in a rest day in the middle. Most of the time, we don't do any parks that day, we'll sleep in, do some laundry, maybe go to Downtown Disney or different resorts or something. Tuesday was supposed to be our rest day on this trip. I didn't have anything planned, I just knew I wanted to go to Downtown Disney at some point!

So I woke up around 8, since I can't really sleep too late in Disney, and I was playing around on the Disney dining website and realized I could get us into Kona in about 2 hours for breakfast! I knew Brandon wanted to sleep, but I really wanted to go have a nice breakfast somewhere, and it's always fun to visit the Poly! So I made the ADR and woke him up and asked if he minded going. He said it was fine, since we didn't have to go to any parks and we could just take our time!

I didn't even bother doing anything with my hair or even wearing a Disney shirt that morning, I just put my hair up all messily and we were out the door, on the way to the Poly!

We got there and we were seated immediately. Brandon got the Kona pressed pot of coffee, which everyone here seems to love...I just think it tastes like coffee? I don't know, I just don't get it! I just got tea, which is what I always drink in the morning!

Since it was the Fall, they had special pumpkin pancakes on the menu, so Brandon got those, they looked SO good!

I decided to try a DIS favorite finally, Tonga Toast!

OMG I loved it! I was nervous about it, because it's stuffed with bananas, and I'm not a big banana fan, but it's actually to eat around the middle. And I tried the middle, it's not that bad, just not something I'd want a lot of. Bananas are just so overpowering to me. But the actual toast was perfect! I guess it's just super thick french toast, coated in sugar right? It's amazing, I loved it so much, I'm so glad I ordered it! And Brandon loved his pancakes, we were really happy with our last minute ADR choice!

While we were waiting to pay, I was saying how it was such a shame how close we were to the Magic Kingdom and we weren't going there. And we were listening to people near us plan their day at the parks, and it was making me sad that we weren't going to one. So I asked Brandon if he minded just hopping over to the Magic Kingdom for a few hours and then doing nothing later that night and he said it was fine! Yay!!! I was so unprepared, I didn't bring any of my park stuff with me, but I had my ticket so that's all that really mattered!

We hopped on the monorail and were in the Magic Kingdom minutes later! It was so fantastic to be there so spontaneously, there was nothing I was dying to do, just be there and have fun! So we just took our time, strolling around Main Street, checking out the Christmas decorations!

During the time we were there, I kept seeing girls with the cutest, fanciest Minnie ears on and I loved them! But I didn't want to buy a new pair, since I bought my green Christmas ones before my trip, I felt if I bought new ones, I wouldn't use the Christmas ones as much, and then what would be the point? But the new ones I kept seeing were so adorable, I had to go check them out, and then guess what happened? Yep, bought myself a pair of fancy Minnie ears!

Alright, I hate this next picture, but I'm going to post it anyway, just so you can see my fancy new ears!

Bleh. I look so hot already and we were only there for a few minutes!

Anyway, we went over to Adventureland, and decided to do something we've never done...the Jungle Cruise! Except the wait was kind of long, so we just grabbed some FP's and went on Pirates to kill some time!

When we got off, it was already time to use our FP's for the Jungle Cruise, so we went back and guess what? It was down! So we asked the CM what to do, since we had FP's and they don't allow late arrivals anymore, and the CM said since it was broken, our FP's would be good all day, and we could go back at any time! It's nice that they do that instead of just letting you be totally out of luck if you happen to return when a ride is down!

It was getting SO hot at that point, because it was already the afternoon, which is usually when we start heading out of the parks! So we decided to sit in some nice AC and watch the Hall of Presidents!

I love the Hall of Presidents, I'm a history dork so these kinds of attractions are fun for me, and it's always nice and cool in there, so it was good to get out of the sun for a while!

When we came back outside, I had to get a picture of this tree that I love in Liberty Square, I don't know what it is about Liberty Square that I love so much, but I could seriously live there!

We were hoping the Jungle Cruise would be open by now, so we headed back to Adventureland and yay, it was! The FP line was HUGE though, but luckily it moved pretty quickly!

I was so excited for the Jungle Cruise, I was looking forward to all of the corny jokes I've heard so much about! I'm pretty sure I went on the Jungle Cruise as a kid, but I had absolutely no memory of it, so I was just treating this like it was my first time!

Now I finally get the backside of water joke!

Haha, I loved the Jungle Cruise, it was really cute! I don't think I'll have to do it every trip, but I can see why it's such a classic! It would be a shame if they ever got rid of it!

When the Jungle Cruise was over, we figured we should check out Splash Mountain since it was SO hot out! So we walked over to Frontierland to see how long the wait was, and sadly, it was 75 minutes!!

We thought about getting FP's for a little later, but we didn't feel like coming all the way back to Frontierland if we were going to loop around the park only once, it was so hot and it we were in Tomorrowland when our FP's were ready, there was no way we'd want to walk back! So we decided to skip it, which was kind of annoying, because we ended up not riding it at all this trip! And then when I went in February it was closed, so it's been a long time since I've been on Splash Mountain! That needs to be fixed soon!

Since the train station was right over Splash, we hopped on the train to get to the other side of the park! I wanted to see Storybook Circus finally!

(Marissa, the next few pictures will be of Storybook Circus, but you don't skip those right? Just checking because I know I forgot to warn you about New Fantasyland in my other TR!)

We got off the train and I was just amazed at this area, it was so cute! I'm not a big fan of the circus, so I didn't know if I'd like it or but I really did! The wait time for Dumbo was way too long, so I didn't get to ride it, but I didn't care, just seeing it was good enough!

Then I saw the tent where you can meet Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Minnie so I went in to look around, and Daisy and Minnie had the CUTEST outfits on! I begged Brandon to wait in line with me, which he didn't want to do, because the line was pretty long but I begged so much that he gave in!

You get to meet Daisy first, and then Minnie, so if a family takes a long time with Daisy, Minnie is just stuck standing there by herself. So one time when she was waiting, she came right over to the line and kneeled down to see the little girl right next to us, it was so adorable! I almost died, having Minnie Mouse that close to me, and doing something so cute!

Finally it was our turn to meet Daisy and I was surprised at how short she was, haha! I've met Daisy before, but this one seemed especially short!

And then it was time for Minnie! I don't like to take a lot of time with the characters, since we don't have kids, I mean, if they want to interact with us, that's great, but I don't usually seek it out, so all we did with Minnie was get our picture taken, but that was enough! She was so cute and sweet and I actually really love this picture we got with her!

I was so happy we made the decision to meet them it was definitely worth the wait! And Brandon actually had fun, he said when he went up and hugged Daisy she made a little quacking-kissy noise in his ear that he thought was cute!

After meeting them, I had to go in Big Top Souvenirs!

I loved it in here SO much, I can't believe there is a whole area to get cupcakes and candy apples and everything!

We walked around for a few minutes, and then we decided it was probably time to leave. It was kind of late in the afternoon and we were getting hungry.

We just had one last thing we had to do before we left, which turned out to be the BEST decision of the trip!

Up next...well, just stay tuned! Because it's awesome!

Old 04-25-2013, 08:44 PM   #537
jecskc
DIS Veteran

On our next trip, I want to do all of the things I haven't done yet and Hall of Presidents is one of them. Because I am a huge History dork, too. History Channel is one my favorite channels and I adore my Ancestry.com account. So much good stuff there.

Susan
Old 04-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #538
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Ok you're crazy because your pics came out great! I LOVE those Minnie ears and ever since I saw them on Kathy's TR, I've been saying I'm going to get them!

Hooray for a spontaneous breakfast at Kona! Tonga Toast is my favorite but I LOVE bananas! I'm so glad you tried it!

Isn't it great being at the MK without a plan?! Since we usually go to the Halloween Party a couple times during our trips, we basically use our days at the MK to just wander around aimlessly. It's so much fun to do it that way! And now that the new Fantasyland is open there is so much to look at! I can't wait to see it in person!

And thank you for telling us about that character meet and greet because I need to do it when we go! Soo cute!

I can't believe you'd never done Jungle Cruise! It's cheesy but I love it! And I love the Hall of Presidents! I always feel like I'm the only one in there who isn't sleeping through it lol

Ahh! Cliffhanger!!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #539
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I can't believe you never do the Jungle Cruise! We always have to do it every trip! The jokes are corny (and sometimes the skippers aren't that great) but it is a classic!

I should probably do Hall of Presidents again one of these days. The last time we saw it was 2009, right after they put Obama in it.

The Minnie and Daisy meet is so much fun!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs UPCOMING TRIP: April '14-Pop Century
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 04-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #540
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I LOVE the pressed pot coffee...best coffee I've ever had.

How fun to just decide to go to MK. I couldn't get Mark to do that on our "off day".

I saw a lot of those particular Minnie ears in December...very cute.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: