Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 06:00 AM   #1
mm126
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 213

Mickeys Very Merry Christmas - when do tickets go on sale?

Booked for December and would like to obtain tickets for Mickeys Very Merry Christmas. When do they typically go on sale? Also, if you have attended in previous years, would love to hear about your experience!
mm126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:49 AM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,667

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm126 View Post
Booked for December and would like to obtain tickets for Mickeys Very Merry Christmas. When do they typically go on sale? Also, if you have attended in previous years, would love to hear about your experience!
In past years, the tickets have gone on sale the beginning the May. We have gone to the Christmas party twice and loved it both times (and are planning on going again this December). The day of the party, you can get into MK at 4:00 on your party ticket (although if you go any earlier in the day, you must use a park day). We usually plan a dinner ADR at a monorail resort for around 4:30 and then head to the MK afterwards. That has always worked out great for us as we get a nice dinner in before the party, but we still arrive prior to the start of the party. We think the parties are great and I would recommend experiencing it at least once.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #3
Cobern
DIS Veteran
 
Cobern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Clewiston, Fl
Posts: 830

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm126 View Post
Booked for December and would like to obtain tickets for Mickeys Very Merry Christmas. When do they typically go on sale? Also, if you have attended in previous years, would love to hear about your experience!
Thank you asking these I was wondering the same thing. I wanted to know some dates so I can book hotel and make payments on it now. I think my daughter would love it, she will be 3.5 by then
__________________
Disney Trips
May 2013 - POR Royal riverview room
January 2014 - AKV Kidani 2 bedroom savanna view
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Cobern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
goofynut41
Disney Veteran
 
goofynut41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 436

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
In past years, the tickets have gone on sale the beginning the May. We have gone to the Christmas party twice and loved it both times (and are planning on going again this December). The day of the party, you can get into MK at 4:00 on your party ticket (although if you go any earlier in the day, you must use a park day). We usually plan a dinner ADR at a monorail resort for around 4:30 and then head to the MK afterwards. That has always worked out great for us as we get a nice dinner in before the party, but we still arrive prior to the start of the party. We think the parties are great and I would recommend experiencing it at least once.
Oh I did not know you could get into Magic Kingdon without a park ticket if you was going to MVMCP.. That is good to know. I was planning this for our first night after we arrive.. so as long as we go after 4:00 we dont need to use our park pass just our MVMCP tickets? Is this correct???
__________________
1988 offsite, 1994 SOG, 1998 SOG, 2001 SOG, 2003 CS, 2005 SOG, 2006 SOG, 2007 SOG, 2009 JULY POR, 2009 DEC WL, 2010 AKL, 2011 SOG, 2013 SOG

goofynut41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran
 
BringingUpDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
Oh I did not know you could get into Magic Kingdon without a park ticket if you was going to MVMCP.. That is good to know. I was planning this for our first night after we arrive.. so as long as we go after 4:00 we dont need to use our park pass just our MVMCP tickets? Is this correct???
Correct. We are staying at the Poly this trip.
We plan on having a resort day with some pool time and a really long nap and then heading over to the party around 4ish. That way we are nice and rested for the party and we save a park ticket for our last day. This is my must do event, bringing together my two favorite things in the world - Disney and Christmas!
__________________




me miss J my little princess (2)
BringingUpDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:04 AM   #6
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
I think my daughter would love it, she will be 3.5 by then
I agree.....I think your daughter would love the party . It's great walking around MK with all the special holiday shows going on and it's just magical when it "snows" on main street .

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
Oh I did not know you could get into Magic Kingdon without a park ticket if you was going to MVMCP.. That is good to know. I was planning this for our first night after we arrive.. so as long as we go after 4:00 we dont need to use our park pass just our MVMCP tickets? Is this correct???
Yes......you can enter MK as early as 4:00 on your party ticket without using a regular park day .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #7
Shaden
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,906

Hey guys, might be a silly question, but does this run after Christmas at all ????

Just looked at the official page on WDW site and it doesn't really have details, just "selected nights in Nov and Dec"


We are looking at a Dec 26- Jan 6 or 7 trip this year, wouldn't want to miss out on this...

Thanks
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #8
goofynut41
Disney Veteran
 
goofynut41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 436

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
Correct. We are staying at the Poly this trip.
We plan on having a resort day with some pool time and a really long nap and then heading over to the party around 4ish. That way we are nice and rested for the party and we save a park ticket for our last day. This is my must do event, bringing together my two favorite things in the world - Disney and Christmas!
OH THIS IS AWESOME !!! I was hating having to use a park day for just a few hours.... I can plan sometin else now...
__________________
1988 offsite, 1994 SOG, 1998 SOG, 2001 SOG, 2003 CS, 2005 SOG, 2006 SOG, 2007 SOG, 2009 JULY POR, 2009 DEC WL, 2010 AKL, 2011 SOG, 2013 SOG

goofynut41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #9
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
Hey guys, might be a silly question, but does this run after Christmas at all ????

Just looked at the official page on WDW site and it doesn't really have details, just "selected nights in Nov and Dec"


We are looking at a Dec 26- Jan 6 or 7 trip this year, wouldn't want to miss out on this...

Thanks
Unfortunately, the parties don't go through Christmas and stop running just prior to Christmas week. Not sure about 2011 and 2012, but we there in December 2010 and if I'm remembering right, the last party that year was on 12/19.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #10
RMulieri
DIS Veteran
 
RMulieri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Tom Sawyers Island
Posts: 20,668

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Unfortunately, the parties don't go through Christmas and stop running just prior to Christmas week. Not sure about 2011 and 2012, but we there in December 2010 and if I'm remembering right, the last party that year was on 12/19.
In 2012 the last party was 12/21
After the last MVMCP of the year, the special parade and fireworks will be shown during regular park hours.
__________________
Going Back to the DarkSide -Universal Orlando and the Harry Potter Expansion December 2014
RMulieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #11
Shaden
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,906

Well, good that the parade and fireworks will still be there, and the lights of course, but sad that the event wont run .... No way I can get there before Christmas, will be busy marking exams.

I am sure it will still be awesome though
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #12
::danielle::
Mouseketeer
 
::danielle::'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1

Yes......you can enter MK as early as 4:00 on your party ticket without using a regular park day .
This changes *everything* for us! I was going to go to Fort Wilderness on our first night so that we don't use up our park tickets on a half day admission. Now I can book this for our first night!!
__________________


"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." ~Walt Disney.



Disneyland 2009 (Candy Cane Inn)

Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Disney World Dec 14-21 (BLT)
::danielle:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #13
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
Well, good that the parade and fireworks will still be there, and the lights of course, but sad that the event wont run .... No way I can get there before Christmas, will be busy marking exams.

I am sure it will still be awesome though
I'm sorry you won't be able to go to a party, but you'll still have a magical time as the MK will still be decorated and you can see the holiday parade .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle:: View Post
This changes *everything* for us! I was going to go to Fort Wilderness on our first night so that we don't use up our park tickets on a half day admission. Now I can book this for our first night!!
I think that's a great idea......I'm sure you'll have a great time .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #14
Promomx2
DIS Veteran
 
Promomx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: va.
Posts: 3,103

How late does the park stay open on these nights?
Promomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:53 PM   #15
siskaren
DIS Veteran
 
siskaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 8,036

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promomx2 View Post
How late does the park stay open on these nights?
For guests who aren't attending the party, closing time is 7:00.

Party hours are 7:00-12:00.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.