Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #916
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Afternoon everyone!

Just a quick update while I'm in-between jobs!! I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but I took a long term job at the school for the rest of the school year. I am used to only working when I want to, so this is really kicking my behind! And then I get home and have vacation quote requests waiting, so I work on those in the evenings.

Plus DS's spring soccer season has started. And I'm sick with some kind of sinus junk!! So I've been very busy lately and very tired! But, I plan to continue to finish up this TR if everyone is still interested!

We had no real plans for the evening and eventually decided to go to DTD one more time!

We debated taking a cab since that DTD bus ride is so awful with all the bus sharing. But we decided that likely the bus had already gone to the CR, so hopefully the ride wouldn't be too bad.

So we got ready and headed out to the bus stop. And thankfully the ride wasn't bad at all. The bus had already been to the CR and didn't even go to the GF!!

Took this pic on the way.

And before we knew it we were there.

By this time DH & I were getting hungry!! So we went into WPE!

We hadn't been there in a few years or so, so we weren't sure what to order.

I ended up going with the Chicken Aioli & fries and DH went with the Cavatappi Chicken Alfredo. We both really liked our meals. Very good!

And pretty soon DS11 decided he would like a dessert. So DS14 took him up. He came back with chocolate ice cream with cookies on it! DS14 said he couldn't find anything he wanted.

Total Bill: $26.63
Rating: 10 out of 10

Up Next: More DTD and Poly

Old 04-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #917
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

shelly Sounds like you are really busy these days. I been suffering terrible from my allergies which are so bad this year DTD gonna have to get back there someday and try WGPE. Wish DS good luck with his soccer and of course we are still interested in your TR

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #918
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
shelly Sounds like you are really busy these days. I been suffering terrible from my allergies which are so bad this year DTD gonna have to get back there someday and try WGPE. Wish DS good luck with his soccer and of course we are still interested in your TR

Things are crazy busy here!! But spring and fall are like that - busy times at the school and soccer season. DS is having a great soccer season so far!

My allergies and sinuses are a mess.

Yep, you should get back to DTD on this trip and eat at WPE! It's so good!

Do you have your ADR's picked out yet for November?
Old 04-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #919
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Going to try for BOG and 'Ohana the rest should be easy to get, Kona B&D, Wave not sure which meal, GF Cafe, Via Napoli, and if the new one near Morroco is open I want to eat there for Illuminatons. Thinking about doing SOA too we did it many years ago and Bob likes the idea of renting a Cabana for 1/2 day so we will see.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #920
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Going to try for BOG and 'Ohana the rest should be easy to get, Kona B&D, Wave not sure which meal, GF Cafe, Via Napoli, and if the new one near Morroco is open I want to eat there for Illuminatons. Thinking about doing SOA too we did it many years ago and Bob likes the idea of renting a Cabana for 1/2 day so we will see.

Sounds like quite the line up!!
Old 04-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #921
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Wow WPE looks so good!!!! YUM!!

I can't believe your oldest DS couldn't find anything to suit him. What the heck??? It all looked wonderful.

Loved the gratuitous wine pic just for me. Okay it might not have been for me but I felt like it was.

And yes of course Sheila is right -- we are soooo interested in the rest of this report! I've been waiting for DAYS for an update. I mean honestly--- it's not like you have two jobs going on or anything.

Great fun update---- just in time for everyone's supper to make us all hungry!

PS--- Sheila==== looks like great restaurant choices!!
Old 04-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #922
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Shelly - your pics make we want to try WPE! Last May, we went to the 'other' Wolfgang Puck and OMG. Gross.

There was LITERALLY a spider on my friend Mike's plate. That was towards the end of our trip, and his wife was VERY pregnant - so she was starting to get a little umm, crabby.

When I saw it, my eyes got so huge I must have looked like a cartoon character and I locked eyes with him and he just shook his head "NO". I think we both knew that if she found out about this it would be terrible for EVERYONE. So, we both kept our mouths shut and didn't say anything.

I'm actually pretty sure that this was the day after we saw a kid throwing up under the table at Kona, so we just had insanely bad restaurant luck that trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
I wore my poncho, but of course that's not even a guarantee, because you can get stuck sitting in someone else's puddle....gross!

OK, I will give you that!! Other people's behind puddles is GROSS!
Old 04-25-2013, 07:22 AM   #923
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Couldn't find a dessert?????

We haven't been to WPE since our honeymoon in 2001! I didn't really care for it and we haven't tried it since.

Hope you're feeling better soon. Sounds like your evening job is more fun than your day job but at least your day job is helping to add to the Disney fund so you can plan your own trip!
Old 04-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #924
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Wow WPE looks so good!!!! YUM!!

I can't believe your oldest DS couldn't find anything to suit him. What the heck??? It all looked wonderful.

Loved the gratuitous wine pic just for me. Okay it might not have been for me but I felt like it was.

And yes of course Sheila is right -- we are soooo interested in the rest of this report! I've been waiting for DAYS for an update. I mean honestly--- it's not like you have two jobs going on or anything.

Great fun update---- just in time for everyone's supper to make us all hungry!

PS--- Sheila==== looks like great restaurant choices!!

It was really good!

IDK what was up with DS14 that evening. He did have an ice cream cone right before we left MK (none of the rest of us did) and then he had dinner on the balcony, with a cookie. He must have been full!

Glad you enjoyed the wine pic!

I will try to get a better, longer update up soon. Maybe tomorrow night or Saturday morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183 View Post
Shelly - your pics make we want to try WPE! Last May, we went to the 'other' Wolfgang Puck and OMG. Gross.

There was LITERALLY a spider on my friend Mike's plate. That was towards the end of our trip, and his wife was VERY pregnant - so she was starting to get a little umm, crabby.

When I saw it, my eyes got so huge I must have looked like a cartoon character and I locked eyes with him and he just shook his head "NO". I think we both knew that if she found out about this it would be terrible for EVERYONE. So, we both kept our mouths shut and didn't say anything.

I'm actually pretty sure that this was the day after we saw a kid throwing up under the table at Kona, so we just had insanely bad restaurant luck that trip.

OK, I will give you that!! Other people's behind puddles is GROSS!

OMGosh!! Wow that is really gross. Wonder what was up with that???

We've always had good meals at WPE!

Wow you really did have bad luck at the restaurants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
Couldn't find a dessert?????

We haven't been to WPE since our honeymoon in 2001! I didn't really care for it and we haven't tried it since.

Hope you're feeling better soon. Sounds like your evening job is more fun than your day job but at least your day job is helping to add to the Disney fund so you can plan your own trip!

I think he was just full! I'm pretty sure he got something later back at Captain Cook's!

You should try WPE again sometime. I'm sure the menu has changed at least a few times since then!

I am feeling much better today, thanks. Finally got some sleep last night. A good night of sleep helps everything! Yes, my evening job is more fun than my day job!! But, the day job is steady income and that's what gets us to WDW!! Hopefully one day my TA job will pick up enough that it will be a steady income.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #925
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

My allergies are wicked bothering me. We ate at WPE in 2011 we liked it too.

My DH will only have dessert at Ghiardelli when we're in DTD.

Hope you feel better. I have been so stressed out at work it's crazy. You can't wait for the end of the year but with it comes added stress! I just got a new student the other day!!! Ugh!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 04-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #926
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
My allergies are wicked bothering me. We ate at WPE in 2011 we liked it too.

My DH will only have dessert at Ghiardelli when we're in DTD.

Hope you feel better. I have been so stressed out at work it's crazy. You can't wait for the end of the year but with it comes added stress! I just got a new student the other day!!! Ugh!

Mine too.

You know, over all these years we still have not had anything from Ghirardelli? We've been in the store part, but not the restaurant part. It's always so crowded in there, plus we are always full from just eating at either T-Rex or WPE!

I forget, is you job permanent or was it just for this year? Hope your new student is well behaved!
Old 04-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #927
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post

Mine too.

You know, over all these years we still have not had anything from Ghirardelli? We've been in the store part, but not the restaurant part. It's always so crowded in there, plus we are always full from just eating at either T-Rex or WPE!

I forget, is you job permanent or was it just for this year? Hope your new student is well behaved!
I won't know if its perminent until the end of the year, I hope! I might not find out til the summer UGH!!! It all depends on the funding. The teacher I took over for took an outside position and she can only stay if they rehire her for that job. It all comes down to money unfortunately!!!

So far he is well behaved but then again it's only been 2 days. He just has serious learning disabilities. I now have 8 kids on IEPs.... That is a third of my class!!!!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 04-25-2013, 06:28 PM   #928
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

WPE is the only restaurant at Disney that has ever given me stomach problems. It must be the spices they use or something.
We haven't actually eaten at DTD since, so I'm sure it will be a while before we eat at WPE again.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 04-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #929
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

We LOVE LOVE LOVE WPE!!! Yum! Everything we have ever gotten there has been super good. Your food looked great! I think I would like that pasta dish. Last year DD got the kid's pizza with mushrooms and it was better than the pizza we got at Via Napoli! We always look forward to going there. I've heard so many rave reviews of EoS and want to try it every time we go to DTD, but we never want to pass up going to WPE. So sadly, I've never made it to EoS. I can't imagine it being better than WPE though and what a great deal it is in the DDP. It really is like a TS meal for a CS credit. We've even had a 'waiter' each time we've gone. Love that place!!

Does your DS like brownies? If so, tell him to get that the next time for his dessert. Those things are absolutely sinful!! SO GOOD!
Old 04-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #930
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
I won't know if its perminent until the end of the year, I hope! I might not find out til the summer UGH!!! It all depends on the funding. The teacher I took over for took an outside position and she can only stay if they rehire her for that job. It all comes down to money unfortunately!!!

So far he is well behaved but then again it's only been 2 days. He just has serious learning disabilities. I now have 8 kids on IEPs.... That is a third of my class!!!!
It always depends on funding, doesn't it?

Well I hope it all works out for you.

Wow that's a lot of kids with IEP's in one classroom. Holy cow! I work in learning support, so I know all about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
WPE is the only restaurant at Disney that has ever given me stomach problems. It must be the spices they use or something.
We haven't actually eaten at DTD since, so I'm sure it will be a while before we eat at WPE again.
That sounds awful! I think they do use some different spices than most of the Disney restaurants. I know my fries were seasoned, but they were very good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
We LOVE LOVE LOVE WPE!!! Yum! Everything we have ever gotten there has been super good. Your food looked great! I think I would like that pasta dish. Last year DD got the kid's pizza with mushrooms and it was better than the pizza we got at Via Napoli! We always look forward to going there. I've heard so many rave reviews of EoS and want to try it every time we go to DTD, but we never want to pass up going to WPE. So sadly, I've never made it to EoS. I can't imagine it being better than WPE though and what a great deal it is in the DDP. It really is like a TS meal for a CS credit. We've even had a 'waiter' each time we've gone. Love that place!!

Does your DS like brownies? If so, tell him to get that the next time for his dessert. Those things are absolutely sinful!! SO GOOD!

I wouldn't waste your time on EOS. We gave it 2 tries and none of us were impressed either time. I know everyone raves about it, but I just don't get it. It's just sandwiches!! And it's always so crowded in there and long lines & waits. We'd much rather eat at T-Rex or WPE!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: