Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
April7901
Mouseketeer

*down*grade a free dining plan?

I realize this is a weird question, and I searched, but didn't find anything useful. I'm also way ahead of the game and this may not even be relevant. But I like knowing my options.

I'm looking at the possibilities around September's free dining options. If it plays out for October, I'm in a bit of a conundrum.

Here's the thing. My mom and I are both fairly picky eaters, plus the thought of sitting down and eating at a TS restaurant almost every day isn't particularly appealing.

BUT - we're staying at POFQ, which has the regular DDP as it's "free" option. I realize I could switch to a value resort and get the QSDP free - and I'd save a bunch of money between the switch in rooms AND the free DP, but I'm kind of looking forward to POFQ and don't really want to give that up.

So here's my question - is it possible to downgrade the free DDP to a free QSDP? From a business perspective, it's a better deal for Disney. From a logistics perspective - I could understand if they didn't allow this.

Just trying to think ahead so I have plenty of time to decide on options.
April7901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:09 PM   #2
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7901 View Post
I realize this is a weird question, and I searched, but didn't find anything useful. I'm also way ahead of the game and this may not even be relevant. But I like knowing my options.

I'm looking at the possibilities around September's free dining options. If it plays out for October, I'm in a bit of a conundrum.

Here's the thing. My mom and I are both fairly picky eaters, plus the thought of sitting down and eating at a TS restaurant almost every day isn't particularly appealing.

BUT - we're staying at POFQ, which has the regular DDP as it's "free" option. I realize I could switch to a value resort and get the QSDP free - and I'd save a bunch of money between the switch in rooms AND the free DP, but I'm kind of looking forward to POFQ and don't really want to give that up.

So here's my question - is it possible to downgrade the free DDP to a free QSDP? From a business perspective, it's a better deal for Disney. From a logistics perspective - I could understand if they didn't allow this.

Just trying to think ahead so I have plenty of time to decide on options.
No, you can't downgrade when you book, the WDW reservations system will automatically give you the regular DDP under a FD code at a moderate resort. After you check in you can have guest services at your resort convert the TS credits into CS credits or you can do it at each individual CS restaurant that you eat at.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 06:47 AM   #3
magicbob
DIS Veteran

I would keep the DDP and convert on a case by case basis. That way, if you decide you want to try a TS meal, you've got the credit available. If you've already converted them all to CS, you're locked in.

Ratatouille, the Ride!

magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #4
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

The Disney brochure states you can use TS credits at a QS place, so no need to do any converting, just use them.

However, as others have said, you may find a few TS places while you're there. You'll be at POFQ and POR's Boatwrights is a short walk away and doesn't need an ADR. The Plaza at MK would be a fairly easy place to walk in and grab a bite in the cool A/C AND you get ice cream for dessert.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:22 AM   #5
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Sorry, while upgrading is permitted, downgrading isn't. But in most if not all cases you can use your TS credits to purchase CS meals, so it can be exactly like having the quick service plan if you want.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #6
mb_uh
DIS Veteran

There are lots of great buffets with something for everyone.
mb_uh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #7
April7901
Mouseketeer

Cool, thanks!
Old 04-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #8
April7901
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_uh View Post
There are lots of great buffets with something for everyone.
Yeah, true - but most are character meals. I realize saying this out loud could get me banned, but I'd rather starve than go to a character meal
Old 04-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #9
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbob View Post
I would keep the DDP and convert on a case by case basis. That way, if you decide you want to try a TS meal, you've got the credit available. If you've already converted them all to CS, you're locked in.
Can someone explain to me exactly how this works? I posted this as a question (about using TS credits for CS) and only got one respondant who told me it was not allowed.

Thanks!
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #10
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post
Can someone explain to me exactly how this works? I posted this as a question (about using TS credits for CS) and only got one respondant who told me it was not allowed.

Thanks!
Once you've used all your QS credits, you would simply tell the CM you want to use one of your remaining TS credits to purchase a meal. They will tell you if they can't do it, but as TDCNala says, most places will do this. You still only get an entree, dessert, and drink.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #11
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonabe View Post
Once you've used all your QS credits, you would simply tell the CM you want to use one of your remaining TS credits to purchase a meal. They will tell you if they can't do it, but as TDCNala says, most places will do this. You still only get an entree, dessert, and drink.
Thanks, this is what I was hoping for!!! Cheaper for me to upgrade from QSDP to DDP, because of the character meals, but don't want to HAVE to do TS every day.
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: